CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The first episode of the Oxygen show was pretty good. I'm glad they discussed all the evidence that came out at the civil trial. Paul Holes seemed pretty adamant that the injuries to Rebecca's neck were not compatible with a long drop hanging.

The first episode of the Oxygen show was pretty good. I'm glad they discussed all the evidence that came out at the civil trial. Paul Holes seemed pretty adamant that the injuries to Rebecca's neck were not compatible with a long drop hanging.[/QUOT

What female would strip naked, especially with her period, tie herself up in knots
So she would have to hop to the balcony to hang herself??? No woman would
Humiliate herself in this manner---nope--it was someone who murdered her that wanted her found in that humiliating position---
It is absurd for the ME to have ruled this a suicide

Something that has always stayed in my mind over the years is the fact that in July 2011 an article online quoted Jonah S saying that his brother had a key to the mansion to go in the kitchen and get coffee in in mornings. I always remembered that comment and suspected the brother was involved then.
Secondly, the continual reporting that AS climbed upon 4-legged round table with a leg missing and cut Rebecca down completely flew over everyone's head. It could not happen, IT NEVER happened. Impossible for a 160-170 pound man to stand on the ground and climb upon an unbalanced table without it flipping over. To stand upon an unbalanced table and hold a woman, talk on the cell phone to 911 was outrageous deception and lies.. He lied over and over about the table and I wondered why that was never brought up anywhere online in the news. All staging and cops fell for it!! AS should have been in the circus with that kind of juggling act, all that was missing was the tutu...
Wishing the Zahau family the very best in the future. QJ

Even if Adam passed a lie detector test, it doesn't mean squat -- sociopaths pass them all the time. I am of the belief that the police rely too much on lie detector tests: i have seen too many crime shows where the perp passed that test, and because of that that
person was eliminated as a suspect, only to be found out later as the killer.

This quote from Doug, at the link above:

“These investigators, they’re telling us Adam passed the polygraph test in record time, in flying colors,” said Loehner. “They repeated this over and over again, how there couldn’t have a been a problem with Adam. [But] he did not pass the polygraph…. It was inconclusive. Why would you make the family believe something that just isn’t there? We just want the truth.

It's very sad to learn how SDSO lied to Rebecca's family about her death and the investigation. Such a horrible, unethical police department.

ETA: It was great seeing Tricia interviewed in the Oxygen episode. Great work!

The first episode of the Oxygen show was pretty good. I'm glad they discussed all the evidence that came out at the civil trial. Paul Holes seemed pretty adamant that the injuries to Rebecca's neck were not compatible with a long drop hanging.
I'm cautiously optimistic. It would be nice to know right now what the ultimate conclusion will be when the series finishes as they are being somewhat ambiguous at the moment.

Something that has always stayed in my mind over the years is the fact that in July 2011 an article online quoted Jonah S saying that his brother had a key to the mansion to go in the kitchen and get coffee in in mornings. I always remembered that comment and suspected the brother was involved then.
Secondly, the continual reporting that AS climbed upon 4-legged round table with a leg missing and cut Rebecca down completely flew over everyone's head. It could not happen, IT NEVER happened. Impossible for a 160-170 pound man to stand on the ground and climb upon an unbalanced table without it flipping over. To stand upon an unbalanced table and hold a woman, talk on the cell phone to 911 was outrageous deception and lies.. He lied over and over about the table and I wondered why that was never brought up anywhere online in the news. All staging and cops fell for it!! AS should have been in the circus with that kind of juggling act, all that was missing was the tutu...

You make some great points

Very good points! It's always seemed improbable that Adam was able to quickly improvise such a scenario while calling 911, moving the table to make scraping sounds, pretending to do CPR, etc. Then again, I suppose his acting experience came in handy. There's just something about the 911 call that speaks to premeditation.

Hello, I am new to Web Sleuths but I have been following this case since the bizarre deaths of Max S and Rebecca occurred in 2011. I have read almost all of the back information on this site to catch up and I am quite impressed with all that is available here for anyone who is interested.
It is my opinion and gut feeling this case is not going to be put in a folder and go away. Hopefully, when least expected, a time will come when all the lies and deceit will be exposed for what they are. Then and only then, will truth and justice prevail when someone is behind bars where they belong. I am confident that the wheels of justice roll slowly, but they roll.

We discussed this extensively in the older threads, and AS story makes no sense when you look at the drop and see that it was not necessary for AS to stand on anything to cut RS down! Another fabrication by team AS. MOO

right on: tying yourself up is not a re-enactment- i have no idea why the medical examiner and the SDPD were so quick to call this a suicide. What woman strips naked to commit suicide? can't think of any at the moment. that is just one part of the entire picture that makes no sense as a suicide.
SDSD only showed someone playing with a rope and called it a reenactment they only did 10% and are claiming 100% if they had actually attempted an investigation. When you want the job as sheriff you also assume the responsivities of being a sheriff. Not just being in front of the cameras.

I can't believe I'd never heard of this case until the promos for the ID and Oxygen shows. Just goes to show that word is still getting out, and even after all this time, people like me are adding our voices to the calls for justice for Rebecca.

A couple questions really stand out to me but, while I've made a lot of progress in the last few weeks, there are still articles and threads I want to read through before bringing them up. I hate to rehash painful details if there is already an explanation somewhere. For now, I'll just say that, IMO, this was NOT a suicide staged as a murder, and it was NOT a murder staged as a suicide. It was, I believe, a murder staged afterward as an attempted rescue.

I disagree, imo:

It is the work of a narcissistic entitled individual believing breathing the rarified air there in Coronado made him even more special than ever who took advantage of RZ’s situational isolation to carry out his perverted urges while proving why he had no career in his field of study or his hobby with his pathetic performance which absent his brothers status and money would have proved his downfall.

Nothing says passion, heat of anger killing to me.

It is the work of one sick, creative, dramatic mind who took his time with staging a setting that is demented as he.

imo

I disagree, imo:

It is the work of a narcissistic entitled individual believing breathing the rarified air there in Coronado made him even more special than ever who took advantage of RZ’s situational isolation to carry out his perverted urges while proving why he had no career in his field of study or his hobby with his pathetic performance which absent his brothers status and money would have proved his downfall.

It is the work of one sick, creative, dramatic mind who took his time with staging a setting that is demented as he.

imo
Jade,
I would agree with you.

The lost me at NAKED, A WOMAN WOULDN'T KILL THEMSELVES NAKED. The fact that she was getting her period just CEMENTS THAT FACT!

A Investigation Into the Deaths of Max Shacknai and Rebecca Zahau in Coronado, California
Any woman knows that this alone screams murder- absolutely none of us would commit suicide naked, while menstruating. I’ve also always been baffled by ....”When he returned, Dina says, he told her that Rebecca had killed herself, and then he pantomimed stabbing himself in the stomach. “Why?” Dina recalls asking. “Asian honor,” Jonah said.”
HUH?
I will never understand how LE seems to really believe their suicide theory. MOO

I’ve also always been baffled by ....”When he returned, Dina says, he told her that Rebecca had killed herself, and then he pantomimed stabbing himself in the stomach. “Why?” Dina recalls asking. “Asian honor,” Jonah said.”
Thanks for posting this. Sickened me to hear he had said this. Says everything about who this male version of jocelyn wildenstein is and his lack of character. Maybe that crap on the internet was his and not the brothers. Praying for strength, justice and karma.

I disagree, imo:

imo
I also agree. The whole "scene" reads like a bad play. LE had to deliberately decide to swallow that bs. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back