CA CA - Redding, WhtMale, 30-35, 3079UMCA, suicide, alias "W. Flannigan", Tracheostomy, may be from New Jersey, Jan'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

heartanium

Reaction score
This one's an older case, not on Namus from what I can tell.

3079UMCA
Unidentified Male
Location Found:
Redding, Shasta County, California
Date Found: January 26, 1979

Race: White
PMI: Same day
Estimated year of Death: 1979
Estimated Age: 30-35 years old
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair: Brown; full beard
Eye Color: Blue
Scars/Marks: Tracheostomy scar on neck. 3", crescent shaped scar above right ear; scar on chin.
Clothing: Blue jeans; red plaid, wool shirt; green navy weather jacket
Footwear: Tan engineer boots.
Circumstances: The decedent, using the name "W. Flannigan," was located in a motel room, in Shasta County, CA. He may be from New Jersey.

Agency Info:
Shasta County Coroner's Office - 530-225-5551

Lieutenant Gene Randall
Agency Case Number: 79-21

Redding Police Department - 530-225-4200
Agency Case Number: 79-3176

Unknown Exclusions

He is now on Namus as UP125546. Some new information:

Circumstances: The subject checked himself into the Thunderbird Motel in Redding, CA on 01/26/1979 at approximately 0100-0200 hours. He was found deceased later that day around 1400 hours when a maintenance man for the motel was unable to contact the decedent. The decedent checked himself in under the name W. Flannigan from 2540 Pearl Street, Omega, N.J., which does not appear to exist.

Scars: 1" tracheostomy scar on the anterior neck; 3" "C" shaped scar on the right temporal area; 5" surgical scar in the left neck running to the mid-left mandible

The address for Thunderbird Motel (now Thunderbird Lodge) is 1350 Pine St. The motel seemed to have opened in 1959 and is still open to this day.

I wonder if this is a suicide or other manner of death?

There is a 254 Pearl St in Red Bank, NJ and there is a 2540 Pearl Lane in Rescue, CA 200 miles away from Redding. I believe the only city called Omega in the United States is in Georgia. I wish there was a picture of the check-in form with his handwriting. It may just be a misinterpretation of sloppy handwriting. This also seems like a case where there should be a facial reconstruction considering the postmortem interval was only a few hours.

I wonder if this is a suicide or other manner of death?

There is a 254 Pearl St in Red Bank, NJ and there is a 2540 Pearl Lane in Rescue, CA 200 miles away from Redding. I believe the only city called Omega in the United States is in Georgia. I wish there was a picture of the check-in form with his handwriting. It may just be a misinterpretation of sloppy handwriting. This also seems like a case where there should be a facial reconstruction considering the postmortem interval was only a few hours.
According to DoeNetwork this was a suicide - no other information on manner of death other then that unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead
Back