CA - Robert Anderson, 38, killed in officer involved shooting, Crescent City, 25 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a very sad case. The victim sounded to be distraught over marriage problems. But if it was true that he was carrying a knife, walking in the middle of the street, and walking towards the officers, who had him at gunpoint----tragic outcome. :(

from link above:
"According to Willis, Anderson was at his house about three hours before the shooting. Willis said he was acting strangely, and recently had a dispute with his spouse.

Around 8 a.m. Wednesday, Anderson posted a more than 40 minute live stream to Facebook. In the video, Anderson appears to be distraught and is walking shirtless through the woods.

“When you think s*** is one way and it’s really another...that’s the relationship I’ve been in,” Anderson said through tears.

Willis also questioned why the officers involved chose to use their firearms, instead of their tasers."

then:

"Around 2:45 p.m. police officers from the California Highway Patrol and Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene of a disabled vehicle, which was blocking the road near Parkway Drive and Sherwood Lane. Upon their arrival, the officers discovered a man was walking in the road with a knife, according to a Thursday press release from the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office.

“The male subject advanced toward the officers and an officer-involved shooting occurred. The subject died as a result of the incident.”

Last edited:
I don’t know if I can link to social media, but his wife, who seems to be the only witness, claims that he was walking away from the officers.

What I do know is that in the last couple months there was an officer and canine officer injured while being actively attacked by someone with a machete or hatchet, and that person was not shot at.
Nor was the gentleman who tased the chief of police with the officer’s own taser last week.
I honestly cannot remember the last officer involved shooting here.
It's a very sad case. The victim sounded to be distraught over marriage problems. But if it was true that he was carrying a knife, walking in the middle of the street, and walking towards the officers, who had him at gunpoint----tragic outcome. :(

"Around 2:45 p.m. police officers from the California Highway Patrol and Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene of a disabled vehicle, which was blocking the road near Parkway Drive and Sherwood Lane. Upon their arrival, the officers discovered a man was walking in the road with a knife, according to a Thursday press release from the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office.

“The male subject advanced toward the officers and an officer-involved shooting occurred. The subject died as a result of the incident.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back