CA - Robert Spohr, 70, fatally shot & Wendy Wood, 68, shot at home, Lake Tahoe, 5 June 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has the construction of the water tank house effected their own home/property in any way? Unsightly...makes noise?People do get upset when something like this happens around their property and possibly affects the long term value of the home and property.

The perp was not wearing white pants as i previously speculated upthread, they are grey sweatpants. fwiw.

''The short clip shows a person in a hoodie, backpack, grey sweatpants, and a neck gaiter face mask running across a driveway.''
robert spohr, 70 - Bing images
tahoe-person-of-interest-800x450.jpeg
This report says the pants were white, at this point it might be fair to say and with no more ''corrections'', that they are not dark sweat pants, imo.rbbm.
Police seek new leads in rare, unsolved Tahoe murder (sfgate.com)
Feb 3 2022
''The Placer County Sheriff's Office has identified a person of interest in their investigation. They are choosing not to reveal the person of interest’s identity at this moment so as not to jeopardize the investigation.

For the case to make progress, authorities need more evidence. That’s why Adrienne and her family are posting a $150,000 reward for new information, turning to the public — to the visitors and residents who were in Lake Tahoe that day — for help.

“Motive is a big factor in solving a crime,” Resendes said. “Without motive, without physical evidence, without eyewitness accounts, it just adds to the hurdles. It is very difficult and that’s part of the reason we’re here, is we need people to come to us with things that they may know or video or evidence that they may have.”

Has the construction of the water tank house effected their own home/property in any way? Unsightly...makes noise?People do get upset when something like this happens around their property and possibly affects the long term value of the home and property.

It doesn't sound like there would be much in the way of changes, as the utility was replacing an existing pneumatic tank and building. Also, the area is heavily forested.

Last edited:

The water pump construction was at a rental property that they owned. The water company was replacing an old one and the contractor was making a lot of noise. It was loud and persistent enough that their tenant complained, then eventually moved out. It probably cost them a lot in rent receipts until they found another tenant.

The water pump construction was at a rental property that they owned. The water company was replacing an old one and the contractor was making a lot of noise. It was loud and persistent enough that their tenant complained, then eventually moved out. It probably cost them a lot in rent receipts until they found another tenant.
Oh, so it was just a rental property and the couple didn't reside there?

Oh, so it was just a rental property and the couple didn't reside there?

Yes, the place where there was a previous legal disagreement between the water utility company and Robert Spohr was a rental property of theirs. It's in the details of some of the previous links. That location is in Tahoe City, CA and it happened a year or so before the murder.

The murder of Spohr and attempted murder of his wife Wendy Wood occurred in their home at Homewood, CA, which is located a little over 6 miles south, along the western shore of Lake Tahoe.

The killer was seen on security cam footage walking between Tahoe City, CA and Homewood, CA, where the camera caught him going up the driveway and into the victims' home in Homewood.

Here's a map. For people not familiar with Lake Tahoe, the state line between NV and CA runs approx through the middle. Towns on the west side of the lake are in CA.

Google Maps

It's not known, nor has it been mentioned by LE if the incident a year or two prior involving the crew replacing the water pump on their rental property was in any way related to the murder. It's just something that a member here at WS found when searching the internet.

Hope that helps. It may or may not be relevant.

What is interesting is the fact that the killer walked to the Spohr home in Homewood, CA from Tahoe City, CA. They returned the same way, also on foot. LE is asking for anyone who saw the killer walking along or anyone who has security cam video of him.

Yes, the place where there was a previous legal disagreement between the water utility company and Robert Spohr was a rental property of theirs. It's in the details of some of the previous links. That location is in Tahoe City, CA and it happened a year or so before the murder.

The murder of Spohr and attempted murder of his wife Wendy Wood occurred in their home at Homewood, CA, which is located a little over 6 miles south, along the western shore of Lake Tahoe.

The killer was seen on security cam footage walking between Tahoe City, CA and Homewood, CA, where the camera caught him going up the driveway and into the victims' home in Homewood.

Here's a map. For people not familiar with Lake Tahoe, the state line between NV and CA runs approx through the middle. Towns on the west side of the lake are in CA.

Google Maps

It's not known, nor has it been mentioned by LE if the incident a year or two prior involving the crew replacing the water pump on their rental property was in any way related to the murder. It's just something that a member here at WS found when searching the internet.

Hope that helps. It may or may not be relevant.

What is interesting is the fact that the killer walked to the Spohr home in Homewood, CA from Tahoe City, CA. They returned the same way, also on foot. LE is asking for anyone who saw the killer walking along or anyone who has security cam video of him.

Reading the CPUC link, my understanding is that the Spohr and Wood property was adjacent to the construction site for the water company, but that a boundary adjustment of 100 square feet - land from the Spohr and Wood property - was needed for the new construction. A site plan would be helpful, but I haven't found one yet. The CPUC link also suggests that there was an assault during construction.

Thank you Betty P.

Has the wife been any help in identifying reason and person?

It seems that the killer's choice of clothing matches other killers who have managed to get away....sweats, hoodie, backpack, mask and gloves.

I guess walking (6 miles) keeps any vehicle from being identified.

Thank you Betty P.

Has the wife been any help in identifying reason and person?

It seems that the killer's choice of clothing matches other killers who have managed to get away....sweats, hoodie, backpack, mask and gloves.

I guess walking (6 miles) keeps any vehicle from being identified.

The wife cannot recall what happened. She had to learn how to walk and talk again after the shooting.

I wonder if there were some very hard feelings between the tenets and the Spohrs regarding money: What rent they would pay, (or get back) and the return of a security deposit. Interesting they have a POI.

I'd be surprised if this murder wasn't to do with the dispute with the water company, especially when you consider they also had a previous legal/land dispute with the water company at their other property in Tahoe City the year prior.

With an assault by Mr. Spohr taking place, it sounds like the whole situation was getting serious, volatile and out-of-control.

I wonder if one the same workers at the company were involved in both of the Spohr works, and when a new 2nd dispute kicked off with the same man (Mr. Spohr) one of them took matters into their own hands and potentially killed him, or arranged to have him killed.

Especially if Mr. Spohr was directly intending to sue this works employee/manager directly for loss of rental income or harassment.

Just my thoughts....

MOO.

Re post .
1659752172959.png

''The shooter appears to have traveled by foot in the bike lane along West Lake Blvd on June 5, 2021

He traveled southbound on West Lake Blvd from Tahoe City to Homewood between 3:30-5:30pm on June 5, 2021

He traveled Northbound on West Lake Blvd from Homewood to Tahoe City between 8:30-10:30pm on June 5, 2021

If you have any camera footage or information about this individual, please provide to the Placer County Sheriff at 530 – 889 – 7853 or to jcmartin@placer.ca.gov''

$150,000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION​

To submit tips or information

Call 530 - 889 - 7853 or email jcmartin@placer.ca.gov''

This case is very frustrating. Spohr was in a few feuds, but surely they can narrow it down to one suspect?
In the Feb 3 article above, it’s mentioned LE does have a person of interest, but they need more evidence. They’re asking the public for help, especially in finding additional video . They probably don’t know where he began or ended his walk - e.g. His home or work.

From that article it also sounded like LE still wasn’t sure about motive.

Spohr certainly sounds like a difficult guy that made a few enemies. Given that LE has narrowed down to a single poi tells me they have a pretty complete theory of the case. The only question is if the killer acted alone or if one of Spohrs disgruntled business partners hired him to do the job. I expect this case will go forward when investigators have gathered enough evidence that they think they have a good chance of a conviction when it goes to trial.

Sad update

I just read this update as well...am I the only person that read this article and immediately suspected a *potential* link to the son in law? It just glared like a beam. Sparks/Reno, mother thinks it was someone she knew, financial distress, no forced access (household key)...the classics. Who Is Erin Serafini? Dan Serafini Wife- Married Life And Kids. No accusations obviously, this is complete conjecture. Just seemed obvious path of investigation, which I'm sure they've done.

I just read this update as well...am I the only person that read this article and immediately suspected a *potential* link to the son in law? It just glared like a beam. Sparks/Reno, mother thinks it was someone she knew, financial distress, no forced access (household key)...the classics. Who Is Erin Serafini? Dan Serafini Wife- Married Life And Kids. No accusations obviously, this is complete conjecture. Just seemed obvious path of investigation, which I'm sure they've done.
Oh, and the actual dog didn't bark?! Known person?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back