CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi everyone,
I just thought I would let you know I have published part 2 of Rose's story. I will do a part 3 if there are any further developments in her case. I am working with Isabela to hopefully make some more progress in finding Rose. I am looking for the first 10 pages of her last letter if anyone knows where I can find them. I imagine Isabela will be getting back to me on that soon, but if anyone has a link to them, please pass it on. Perhaps they have gotten lost or something?? The post should help to put into context where the case stands somewhat, although I never included what possible matches have been eliminated. I know there are at least 3 possible matches currently being investigated. One in CA (a different one), NJ, and NY. The family is working to get some nuclear DNA in the voluntary database. As you probably know, there are 3 different databases for DNA. Unidentified, criminal, and voluntary. The family is also working on letters to SS and IRS. These are the things that are not mentioned in the post. This should get you up to speed on some things you may not know. I don't stop by websleuths that often so I don't know if you have any information on possible matches you are working on that you would like to share with me. If so, please stop by HOTT and send me an email or something. Just click on the flaming email on the left on the site and title your letter Rose Cole. Best wishes everyone.

http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/the_mystery_of_rose_cole_part_2.htm

Just finished reading part 2 Pias. Thank you! I hope that someone who knows something will see it and make contact with someone.

Thanks to a poster on the Flint,MI forum where I started a thread on Rose!

Now I need to find someone who can do some research at

Repository:
University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections.

Los Angeles, California 90095-1575

Finding Aid for the Synanon Foundation Records, ca. 1956-1987

Descriptive Summary

Title:
Synanon Foundation Records, ca. 1956-1987

Collection number:

Creator:
Synanon (Foundation)
Extent:
564 boxes (282 linear ft.)
118 cartons (59 linear ft.)
32 boxes
Physical location:
Stored off-site at SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact the UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections Reference Desk for paging information.

Take a look at thie link for this information, I think that we might just be able to find some clue to Rose there.
http://content.cdlib.org/view;jsessionid=naTottWvhKeCiNfY?docId=tf9k4009h9&doc.view=entire_text

I think it is worth a try. If someone lives in the area and would like to spend a day digging through some old boxes. Any volunteers?

Why does the first paragraph at that link keep saying "excluding California"? Is that in regards to the information or something else?

<snip>
Biological and Medical Sciences --Substance Abuse --General Biological and Medical Sciences --Clinical Medicine --Psychiatry History --History, California --History, Los Angeles Area Geographical (By Place) --California --Los Angeles Area History --History, United States (excluding California) --General Geographical (By Place) --United States (excluding California)

I'm sorry, I'm in Northern CA or I'd be willing to go through the stuff for you... All the other CA WS's I know of are down here too...

We found that a long time ago but I dont think we have any members in Southern CA.

I was skimming through the labels and found this:

[ Box 124 ]
East Ridge - The way out through Emerson - The Oversoul.

[ Box 125 ]
Emerson - Power through Enright, John B.

Emerson is the name of the school Rose went to in MI. Remember Rose was locked up after she met with the school counselor. I bet they were getting paid for sending kids there.

I was just reviewing everything mentally and uncle Joseph getting the will is bothering me. It may not have a thing to do with Rose but I wanted to check it out anyway. I ran new records on NetDetective and now I am totally confused.

It appears that Uncle Joseph had a son that isnt sure if he was born in 1955 or 1964. In the first record (below) the "43 -1964" should appear next to Erma's name. It shows their marital status as "married".
On the record I got months ago from intellius (post #32) when Shadow205 called the uncle, it lists Erma as 69 yrs old and Uncle Joseph as 73 so I dont know if this ND info is on the son and he coincidentally married someone named Erma too or if someone is using the couples names but changed the ages.
The info is new, (see red box) from February 2006. What do you guys think?
Isa, can you ask your hubby about this? Did Joseph have a son? Would Rose have contacted him?

These records are from NetDetective:
It is not going to appear on WS as it appeared on NetDetective so I'll clarify:

Joseph A Borich 52 1955
Erma L Borich 43 1964
J Borich no birth info (just an aka for the person above)
--------------------------------
the second record shows both birth years as 1964

1)
new.gif
BORICH, JOSEPH A
BORICH, ERMA L
BORICH, J 52

3221 BRENTWOOD DR
FLINT, MI 48503 810-234-0368

2)Name AgeD.O.B.AddressPhone
new.gif
BORICH, JOSEPH A
BORICH, ERMA L
BORICH, J 43

3221 BRENTWOOD DR

All of a sudden I cant find anything on Uncle Joseph in CA through NetDetective but the info is still on Intellius. They dont always have correct info but that's where I got the info before when Shadow205 called and talked to Uncle.

Does anyone remember if Izabella tried going though social security? Someone left this message on the Flint,MI forum suggesting we try this:

"The more I think about it, the more I think you should ask the assistance of
your closest Social Security Administration office. Let them know her parents
are deceased, and her brother is looking for his heirs. They'll need to know
parents' full names; Rose's full name, birth date and place of birth. Write Rose
a detailed letter, requesting she write or call you collect, and prepare it for
mailing (unsealed in case the SSA wants to check it). Take it with you to the
Social Security Administration with the other identity validating information you
have. If they can find her in their database they should forward your letter to
her at the last known address, and you just wait for a response. If she's been
in the database and is no longer living they should be able to tell you where to
look for the death record.

All my best wishes to you in your search. Please let us know if you find her."

Hey Shadow, *HUGS*, I have been trying to get Yannette, but she hasn't been on Yahoo at all...I hope all is well.

itsreenw said:
I was just reviewing everything mentally and uncle Joseph getting the will is bothering me. It may not have a thing to do with Rose but I wanted to check it out anyway. I ran new records on NetDetective and now I am totally confused.

It appears that Uncle Joseph had a son that isnt sure if he was born in 1955 or 1964. In the first record (below) the "43 -1964" should appear next to Erma's name. It shows their marital status as "married".
On the record I got months ago from intellius (post #32) when Shadow205 called the uncle, it lists Erma as 69 yrs old and Uncle Joseph as 73 so I dont know if this ND info is on the son and he coincidentally married someone named Erma too or if someone is using the couples names but changed the ages.
The info is new, (see red box) from February 2006. What do you guys think?
Isa, can you ask your hubby about this? Did Joseph have a son? Would Rose have contacted him?

These records are from NetDetective:
It is not going to appear on WS as it appeared on NetDetective so I'll clarify:

Joseph A Borich 52 1955
Erma L Borich 43 1964
J Borich no birth info (just an aka for the person above)
--------------------------------
the second record shows both birth years as 1964

1)
new.gif
BORICH, JOSEPH A
BORICH, ERMA L
BORICH, J 52

3221 BRENTWOOD DR

2)Name AgeD.O.B.AddressPhone
new.gif
BORICH, JOSEPH A
BORICH, ERMA L
BORICH, J 43

3221 BRENTWOOD DR

All of a sudden I cant find anything on Uncle Joseph in CA through NetDetective but the info is still on Intellius. They dont always have correct info but that's where I got the info before when Shadow205 called and talked to Uncle.
I absolutley hate Net Detective...I am in the process of getting my PI and I will soon, hopefully, have availalbe lots of resources that can help us on all of these cases! Net Detective is extrememly outdated. I have the Advanced one and it's still outdated.

Hey guys, I'm new and sat here all day reading every post (+ pics, links etc) on Rose. First off, Kudos on all the hard work you all have done. I wanted to post all day, but made myself read every post before I did. LOL

First...At the very beginning (3-23-06) Shadowangel posted (1st thread post #4) that he/she found a Rose Leanna Cole graduating from a Nebraska HS. It was later determined that her actual middle name was Lena so that lead was dismissed. Well, I did a little checking today on both Classmates and Reunion.com thinking this might be a heat of the moment oversight with actual spelling and there are absolutely NO Rose Cole's listed in Nebraska period.

However there is a Rose Cole - Walls listed in Lapel, IN class of 73'. FYI

Now, my point is, if Shadowangel was correct, and there really was a Rose L Cole listed as a 73 alum in NE and now almost a year later it is gone. Maybe, just maybe someone doesn't want to be found. Just a thought. Did anyone else verify there was one listed...(it caught my eye being a husker and all)

Another observation was...I found it odd that a guy posted out of the clear blue on the Flint talk web site (who happened to be an admissions dude for Synanon during the time frame in question ), yet appeared to know nothing of the town (Flint) and down plays the practices of the court to "sentence" kids into rehab in the very establishment he worked for. I know people "Google" stuff and click on stuff randomly but he had to be looking for it. Out of curiosity I did a basic "Google" and got to page 12 and gave up trying to find a link to that site, (Flinttalk.com) based on the word "synanon". It appears to me Gary...or what ever his name was is not being on the level. IMHO

My last thought is on Pose the brother of Rose. He seems to also be trying to vanish. Isabelle said it had been 8 years? since they;ve corresponded. I wonder what his story is. My gut says he knows something.

Oh and by the way I thought this was an interesting blog:
http://blog.myspace.com/synanon

If anyone has a chance stop on over to the Tammy Sue Rothganger thread...I NEED HELP!:banghead:
Thanks. iW

iNTERESTEDWOMAN said:
Now, my point is, if Shadowangel was correct, and there really was a Rose L Cole listed as a 73 alum in NE and now almost a year later it is gone. Maybe, just maybe someone doesn't want to be found. Just a thought. Did anyone else verify there was one listed...(it caught my eye being a husker and all)

For A Profile to be missing of of the Classmates website is not all that unusual. My profile had been deleted because I have not logged onto the website in a long time (over 3 years) and I had to re-register.

I also know that if a person requests that a profile be removed. The folks at classmates do not respond very quickly. Someone had created a profile for my brother in law and he did not want it on there. It took almost 2 years of sending emails asking for the profile to be removed before it actually was deleted.

My guess is the Rose Cole that Shadowangel found just had not logged in and it was deleted.

I hope one of you may be able to answer a few questions.

I have seen the 3rd letter written by Rose mentioned several times but I simply cannot find where the link is to read it. I've read the first 2 posted on the SIL Yahoo Photos, but the 3rd isn't there. Checked the myspace blog & could find it there either...Did I miss something or was this letter not publicly displayed?

I realized this cold case became active almost a year ago, and many of you may be burned out thinking about it...LOL but it's all new and fresh in my head:eek:.

Was the needle point lady ever ruled out?

What about the clown lady & her hubby? I personally thought there was a striking resemblance in the clown poster link posted. A few of you say no way, (maybe because she was older & heavier) but being an old lady myself, and knowing what I looked like at 15,...it happens!!:rolleyes:

Let me know. If those leads where checked out & found absolutely negative, I won't look into them more.

Hi Interestedwoman, welcome to websleuth's and welcome to the Rose Cole thread! It is nice to have someone new take a look at what so many of us have been looking at for so long. A new perscpective is always a good thing.

You had some interesting questions/observations that I will try and answer:

In your 1st post you mention the Rose Cole that Shadowangel found on Classmates. She was there at that time, perhaps like gidget said, her profile got deleted do to lack of signing in for a period of time.

"Another observation was...I found it odd that a guy posted out of the clear blue on the Flint talk web site (who happened to be an admissions dude for Synanon during the time frame in question ), yet appeared to know nothing of the town (Flint) and down plays the practices of the court to "sentence" kids into rehab in the very establishment he worked for. I know people "Google" stuff and click on stuff randomly but he had to be looking for it. Out of curiosity I did a basic "Google" and got to page 12 and gave up trying to find a link to that site, (Flinttalk.com) based on the word "synanon". It appears to me Gary...or what ever his name was is not being on the level. IMHO"

Maybe he found it by following some link to it such as the one here. Or perhaps he wasn't for real. To be honest I'm not sure about him either so I can't really answer that one. I can tell you though that I have information connecting Rose Cole & Synanon posted at various websites.

Was the needle point lady ever ruled out?

To be honest with you, I'm not sure what happened with her and will have to go back and research that one. I'm pretty sure that an attempt of contact was made with her but I don't think that there was a reply.

What about the clown lady & her hubby?

hmmm, I don't remember that one. Could you refreash my memory?

I have seen the 3rd letter written by Rose mentioned several times but I simply cannot find where the link is to read it.

I think that I can help you with this one. lol, try this link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannette0469@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=ee68&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannette0469@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

Now, I have a question for you. Are you Diane? I hope this helped you some. I don't think that any of us are really burned out, we just don't have much of a direction to go right now. That is why a fresh set of eyes looking at everything might just be what we need.

Quote:
I think that I can help you with this one. lol, try this link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yanne...l.net/my_photos

Now, I have a question for you. Are you Diane? I hope this helped you some. I don't think that any of us are really burned out, we just don't have much of a direction to go right now. That is why a fresh set of eyes looking at everything might just be what we need.

Thanks for the welcome Shadow. No I'm not Diane, my name is Lori. You guys are probably right about the Rose Cole on Classmates. It just caught my eye because it was an NE school.

Also Thanks for the letter link. I actually had that one, but was confused. I was thinking that letter was the one HoT hand typed at the very beginning. For some reason I was looking for a letter dated 12-23-72 (Her birthday letter)

As far as the clown woman, this is the post I got that information from:

"Hey Wondering! This Rosie Cole is a brunette. Look at this picture on the Theatre of fools link. Lloyd B. teaches performance art at the City of Lakes school in Mpls. How did you determine that they are married? He is 50 years old, around the age that Rose would be now. http://www.theatreoffools.com/press_for_fools.htm"

As far as the needle point lady, her mother must have been a Rose Lena or Lena Rose. Isabelle must have called her (June 06)& she (The needle point lady) was abrupt with her & hung up... so Isa then e-mailed her, and to my knowledge she never wrote back. I can't find the post right off, but Isabelle put a quote in her post from the needle point web sight mentioning her mother Rose. Today when I went to the site, there was NO mention of mother Rose, And noticed that the sight had been updated in Sept. 06. Anyway, I wrote her again today and tried to explain the situation and pretty much begged her to let me know either way if Her Rose could be THE ROSE. I also sent her a link to this sight so IF she would happen to be THE ROSE she would know it's on the up & up.

For some reason I can't shake the feeling she's alive. I know it's highly unlikely, but I still think she's afraid. Even though Synanon the facility is shut down, Synanon the cult is still very much alive IMHO

Bump!

I'd like to see this one stay on pg. 1!

Kelly

Hey guys--wild thread! I spent all day reading it!

It might be worth putting each of Rose's relatives' names, in full, on her myspace page, in case she ever does a Google search for them. I.e. "Pose Poem Cole" "Jesse James Cole," etc.

As I posted a few days ago, I sent an e-mail to Cheryl Keddie, the "Needle point" lady of "Designs by LenaRose" http://www.lenarose.com As I stated the other day, from what Isabelle (SIL of Rose) posted back in June of 06. This web site had originally mentioned that the mother of the web owner, "Rose" had taught her to thread a needle at age 7 etc... ANYWAY, I have not received any reply from my almost desperate sounding e-mail. I don't know, but If more than one person would contact me on something of this nature, I'd reply almost immediately. Heck, even if I had something to hide, I'd make up something to get people off my back...

I did do a little checking up on this Cheryl Keddie lady on public records. There is apparently an Edward Keddie who lives at the residence with her, with his age being 63. (Though for some reason her age is not listed.) More than likely this is her husband, making her probably +/- 55 to 65 years. To old to be "our Rose's" daughter. The way I see it, if Rose did have any children, their max age would be 35.

Also, if Rose told people she was 19 when she was really 15 she could have stuck to the story when/if she ever applied for a SS# number or DL or Marriage Licence. I'm trying to check out all years between around 1952 to 56 when checking public records.

Interestedwoman,

I thought that the needle point lady was a possible lead for Rose when that came up way back. The owner of the shop CK. didn't seem to interested in discussing that possibilty though. As I remember she never answered any of the emails.
When we were looking at that angle possibly being a cennection to Rose we also found this, I don't know if you saw it or not:

LenaRose Stitch & Threads
RR 3 Box 160
Hulbert, OK 74441
Toll Free (877) 772-2544
Fax Toll Free (877) 772-3664
website www.lenarose.com
email cheryl@lenarose.com
Cheryl Keddie (owner)

The above phone number is no longer good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back