CA - Roseville Parents Charged in the death of their 9yo adopted son Cyrus Blakley, Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These stories illustrate that there is a definite problem with the adoption process...
Clearly, and in this story, Social Services was way out of line approaching the parents and wanting them to adopt a family of four children.

“They're a wonderful family. And this is just horrible what's happened. It's like a nightmare,” said Ana Valdez, a neighbor in the area.

She said the family was always helpful to her and had a total of seven kids.

“She started with two when I knew her, and then she adopted one little boy in the hospital. Then later, social services came back and said we have a family of four,” said Valdez."

Just my opinion but that should never happen. If someone wants to adopt, they should initiate the process themselves. JMOO

We don't know why the four kids were in the foster care system, and everyone wants to keep siblings together, but children who have been traumatized can be a handful for someone with
three other children.

We don't know why the four kids were in the foster care system, and everyone wants to keep siblings together, but children who have been traumatized can be a handful for someone with three other children.

I agree. Four traumatized children need to go to a home where they can receive all of the love and attention and patience possible. And there is virtually always trauma, for a child to have to go live with strangers.

A 210 pound woman, sat on a 9 year old child's chest on a cushion for 40 minutes and beat on him. The attorney representing Kimberly, states that she was "trying to discipline" Cyrus.

Meanwhile, during the beating, Cory, the adopted father, was watching videos and laughing, and at one point shut the window so neighbors couldn't hear Cyrus yelling for help.

A Placer Superior Court judge is expected to announce next week whether a father accused of murder and torture of his 9-year-old adopted son should face any criminal charges in the child’s death.

The Blakleys remain in custody at the Placer County Jail. On June 21, about five months after the married couple was arrested, Cory Blakley filed a petition in court seeking a divorce from his wife. That case in family court is scheduled for a hearing Dec. 27.

After testimony and evidence was presented in an April preliminary hearing, Judge Jeffrey Penney ordered the Blakleys to stand trial on the murder, torture and child abuse charges, along with felony charges of dissuading witnesses. The prosecutors allege the parents told the children not to speak truthfully to investigators. The Blakleys also face misdemeanor charges of child endangerment.

But Cory Blakley believes he shouldn’t face any charges in son’s death and is asking Judge Angus Saint-Evens to overturn Penny’s ruling, telling the court that it’s his wife who is solely responsible for the boy’s death. Saint-Evens heard arguments in court July 24 and is scheduled to announce his ruling Aug. 23.

Prosecutors allege that the mother sat on her adopted 9-year-old son and beat him continuously for about 40 minutes as the boy’s father did nothing to stop it.

Here we go again, this story is on repeat so frequently it makes me want to vomit.

How are these people allowed to foster/adopt five children? Let me guess, neither of them worked - they lived from what they received from the state every month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer
Back