UNSOLVED CA - Sacramento Co, LIVING Female Child, Left by Unk Hisp Woman, Jun'19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
jane-doe-child-1562022073.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —

Deputies need help identifying a little girl who was brought to a Sacramento County fire station, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office said.

The girl was left with a citizen on Sunday by an unknown person, the sheriff’s office said.

The citizen then brought the girl to the fire station.

Sacramento County deputies need help to identify little girl

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento County Sheriff’s office is looking for help identifying a young child that was taken to a fire station on June 30.

Sheriff’s spokesperson Tess Deterding said a citizen brought Jane DOE to a fire station after an unknown Hispanic female left the toddler with the citizen.

California’s safe surrender law allows newborns to be safely surrendered within 72-hours, no questioned asked, but not children.

Sheriff: Public's Assistance Needed In Identifying Child Left At Fire Station

Oh how sad. The citizen who took this little girl should be able to provide a description of the unknown Hispanic female who left this child. We should be getting a sketch, hopefully. Wonder if she’s old enough/verbal enough to tell her name?

This breaks my heart. I was about to say I hope they find her family soon but not sure that would be a good thing if they did abandon her :(

This breaks my heart. I was about to say I hope they find her family soon but not sure that would be a good thing if they did abandon her :(

Compare & Contrast: Wesley Mathews applies to adopt, flies to India, returns with child, proceeds to abuse child eventually resulting in the child's death, hides body in culvert, lies to LE & everyone about it.

Found Deceased - TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

This thread: Unknown woman hands child over to concerned person, who delivers child to a safe place.

Yeah, I'd say this unidentified Hispanic woman did a great job! Must have been no choices left for this lady, she bravely protected her baby by walking away. Can't imagine the heartache!

Hey, Sweetie, hope you're feeling OK in your current home!

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s office is looking for help identifying a young child that was taken to a South Sacramento fire station on June 30.

Sheriff’s spokesperson Tess Deterding said a citizen brought Jane Doe, who appears to be no more than two years old, to a fire station after an unknown Hispanic female left the toddler with the citizen.

It was around midnight when a man came up to the doors at the fire station 57 in South Sacramento, dropping off the little girl, who appeared to be unharmed....

The man she was left with told authorities he was in the Walmart parking lot on Florin Road when a frantic crying woman approached him, said she was being chased, then jumped in his car with the toddler. They apparently drove around for a while until the woman jumped out and left the little girl in the car.

“He seemed concerned with having this child, did not know this child,” Murdock said. “He was trying to do the right thing, drove to another firehouse, they weren’t there, so he came to us...

A lot of unanswered questions remain surrounding this child. Authorities say the woman jumped into another car with two other people.”

Officials Continue To Search For Abandoned Toddler's Family After She Was Left With A Stranger
Toddler_abandoned_in_Sacramento_0_7464260_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

We always say that parents should have dropped their child off with someone safe instead of abusing or killing them and that's exactly what this Mom did, yes it's sad that Mom is in a situation where she felt this was her best option but the little girl is safe and that's the most important thing.

We always say that parents should have dropped their child off with someone safe instead of abusing or killing them and that's exactly what this Mom did, yes it's sad that Mom is in a situation where she felt this was her best option but the little girl is safe and that's the most important thing.

I agree - it's sad, but now maybe this little girl has the chance at living a wonderful life!!

Walmart seems to have good surveillance...I'm sure they captured video of the mother jumping into the man's car...It may show the person that was supposedly chasing her to...I'm surprised video wasn't released..

I'm glad she gave the girl to a good person that did the right thing...

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —

Sacramento firefighter Chris Leisey has plenty of experience making kids feel safe.

“I've got two little kids,” Leisey said. “She's right between my kids' ages. So I picked her up, got a blanket, got her warm, soothed her for a while until she calmed down.”

Leisey is referring to the toddler who was dropped off at Firehouse 57 adjacent to Franklin Boulevard in Sacramento. A man knocked on the firehouse's door just before midnight on Sunday and surrendered the little girl, estimated to be 18 to 24 months old, Leisey said.

[...]

“I couldn't really figure out how well she spoke. So, she didn't really respond well to reading or anything,” Leisey said. “But, the universal language of Sesame Street did the trick. So, we sat in the day room and rocked to Sesame Street until she fell asleep."

For more than 24 hours, no one came forward for the child or reported her missing. The toddler is now safe and with child protective services.

Sacramento police said Tuesday that investigators have a good lead on who might be the girl's mother.

“We have been in contact with the female half and we are working with her,” police spokesperson Marcus Basquez said.

He said investigators are working to determine if the woman who reached out to the department is the little girl's mother, adding "nothing's confirmed."

'Sesame Street did the trick': Abandoned toddler bonds with Sacramento firefighter

"Sacramento police are still working to identify the parents of the toddler who was abandoned at a fire station on June 30.

Authorities say they’re still awaiting the results of the paternity test to determine if the woman who claims to be the child’s mother is who she says she is....

No charges have been filed at this time."

Toddler Left At Fire Station Remains In Protective Custody Pending Paternity Test

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back