CA CA - Sacramento, Wht/HispMale UP2410, 18-25, in Southside Park, Jan'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
is it possible the stretch marks could have been caused from growing? I know with some people, if they grow in height very fast over a short period of time, the body creates stretch marks that look like same. Its just a thought since it say the person MAY have been obese and lost weight.

Yes! Every time I see stretch marks/weight loss mentioned I think of this. My always-slim 21yo daughter is covered in stretch marks on her thighs, hips and stomach from where she grew so quickly.

Yes! Every time I see stretch marks/weight loss mentioned I think of this. My always-slim 21yo daughter is covered in stretch marks on her thighs, hips and stomach from where she grew so quickly.
I think this does make it harder to look for individuals but there are still many possibilities. I know when I was looking for a possible match for this case, I cam across a lot of people that looked like the guy in the picture. I think the biggest clue for this case is definitely the time frame.

From what I found out online first off he went to Burger King which is near the Greyhound station he told someone in there that he was from Los Angeles , Los Angeles main gang is the serenos they wear blue where he was found is maybe a 20 minute walk from the Greyhound station and is that neighborhood that park they wear red and are Nortenos they do not like anyone that wears blue from Los Angeles. The clothes he was wearing especially the shoes being blue he’s definitely A Sereno and if he wasn’t I’m sure that neighborhood thought he was easy target he was by himself I’m sure he look like he had some type of money he had nice Adidas shoes on. Recent dental work could have been done in prison I think they should have looked at the prison records and see who is released a week prior having dental work done in the last week and he’s in the area he’s not from definitely from prison he should have been easy recent dental work could have been done in prison I think they should have looked at the prison records and see who is released a week prior having dental work done in the last week and he’s in the area he’s not from definitely from prison he should have been easy to identify

Serenos and Nortenos in 1980 not like you are thinking today.. Back then it was still largely prison conflicts between Southern La Eme members and northern farmers that broke the law and got sent to prison then had to gang up for protection. The southern Eme members looked at the northerns like ignorant smalltown farmers and northerns felt they were abused by the southern Eme members in prison and had a falling out. As the story goes their whole gangwar started over a stolen pair of shoes in prison. He doesn't sound like he was dressed like a cholo. He sounds almost like a club guy or a radio DJ.

The gangs of Los Angeles in the day pretty massive. Hawaiian Gardens 13, White Fence 13, Florencia 13, La Puente 13, Varrio Nuevo Estrada, Artensia 13, Pacoimas 13. All Hispanic, all at war. They fought with other gangs like Crazy Riders 13, the locos with the machetes and the hatchet or the menacing, old-school Playboy 13, elegantly outfitted gangsters that defended Normandie Street wearing sport coats, short brimmed hats, button-down shirts, ties, and shiny shoes.

Case Number​

80-00117

Race​

White

Gender​

Male

Age​

Adult

Estimated Age​

Late teens to early 20’s

Height​

5’ 9”

Weight​

147 lbs

Eyes​

Brown

Hair​

Brown

Date Found​

1980-01-17T08:00:00Z

Date of Death​

01-17-1980

Case Information​

Decedent was found with a contact gunshot wound to the head on a set of bleachers at a local sports field (Southside Park) on 01/17/80 in Sacramento.

Scars-Marks-Tattoos​

Three scars on lower right abdomen, distinctive scar on left hand, large freckles on the shoulders and upper back.

Clothing​

Blue jacket, sweater and pants, white t-shirt and shorts, blue jogging shoes.

Jewelry​

None

Other distinguishing characteristics​

Brown mustache and reddish-brown goatee.

Sketch​

YES

Indentified​

NO

Identification​

Attachments
coroner.saccounty.gov

UnidentifiedPersons - 80-00117

Case Number​

80-00117

Race​

White

Gender​

Male

Age​

Adult

Estimated Age​

Late teens to early 20’s

Height​

5’ 9”

Weight​

147 lbs

Eyes​

Brown

Hair​

Brown

Date Found​

1980-01-17T08:00:00Z

Date of Death​

01-17-1980

Case Information​

Decedent was found with a contact gunshot wound to the head on a set of bleachers at a local sports field (Southside Park) on 01/17/80 in Sacramento.

Scars-Marks-Tattoos​

Three scars on lower right abdomen, distinctive scar on left hand, large freckles on the shoulders and upper back.

Clothing​

Blue jacket, sweater and pants, white t-shirt and shorts, blue jogging shoes.

Jewelry​

None

Other distinguishing characteristics​

Brown mustache and reddish-brown goatee.

Sketch​

YES

Indentified​

NO

Identification​

Attachments

1656278171645.jpeg[URL 1656278222855.jpegunfurl="true"]UnidentifiedPersons - 80-00117

UP2410 looks like Craig Steven Chiarappa missing from a VA Hospital in CT 1976. Trying to resize his picture for easier comparison but his features are quite similar.

Craig's NamUs information states that he occasionally wears a mustache and goatee. Within age range and height range. Weight not too far off.

1656280769878.png1656280875197.png

Attachments

• 1656280731278.png
    1656280731278.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1656280769992.png
    1656280769992.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 4
UP2410 looks like Craig Steven Chiarappa missing from a VA Hospital in CT 1976. Trying to resize his picture for easier comparison but his features are quite similar.

Craig's NamUs information states that he occasionally wears a mustache and goatee. Within age range and height range. Weight not too far off.

View attachment 351364View attachment 351366
Omg the noses- they're almost exactly identical. I won't be surprised if John Doe is Craig.

MP40481 Craig Steven Chiarappa has been submitted to the Sacramento County Coroner for review as a potential match to UP2410.

I will notify NamUs as well. Fingers crossed that Craig is found. Will update on any correspondence received.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

View attachment 351364View attachment 351366

Not sure how much of this is just repeated info but there's some interesting things I noticed:

18 January 1980, The Sacramento Bee, pg 29
1677890922052.png

"Shortly before 9:30pm, police received an anonymous call from a person who said a man was either injured or dead in the bleachers next to the softball field at Southside Park near 6th and W streets." Not sure if the person calling was that specific with their words but if they were it sounds like they may have been local.

"he was found slumped against a cyclone fence enclosing the bleachers...the man had been shot in the left side of the head and had been dead apparently less then an hour."

21 January 1980, The Sacramento Bee, pg 6
1677891364516.png

"Detectives retraced the man's steps to the Burger Chef [Predecessor to Burger King] at 7th and L streets where he made a purchase at about 8 p.m. A soft drink cup was found near the man's body." The Burger King was located right where the Golden One Centre is for context now for any of my Sacramento residents out there reading this.

24 January 1980, The Sacramento Bee, pg 24

1677891692057.png

"We believe he had been to a dentist very recently, within a week of his death, because the sockets in his gums had not yet healed...he probably had another appointment soon."

25 January 1980, The Sacramento Bee, pg 32

1677891843280.png

"Investigators found prescription eyeglasses and a blue cap next to the body, but do not know if they belonged to the victim." If they did, maybe he regularly needed contacts/glasses?

9 February 1980, The San Francisco Examiner, pg 15
1677891214506.png

"he had a white disposable butane cigarette lighter with the words "San Francisco printed on it." Maybe he just got off the greyhound bus from San Francisco?

Attachments

• 1677891663632.png
    1677891663632.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Mapping the location of the Grayhound Station, the Burger King, and Southside Park...it's a pretty straight walk, maybe he was thirsty after he got off the bus and went to get a drink.

1677892231937.png

I also wanted to add Southside Park was also not a great part of town in the early 1980's, lots of sex work and drugs were going around in the area. The residents were trying to get it cleaned up but the city government didn't seem to care to much. Residents were petitioning the government to clean up the park from the January to at least June of 1980.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Photo

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP86769Michael Lawrence Mondini, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactDecember 31, 1979
Missing FromSan Francisco, California

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age22 Years
Current Age66 Years
Legal First Name Michael
Middle NameLawrence
Legal Last NameMondini
Chosen Name/Nickname/Alias--

Biological SexMale
Height5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight200 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances​

Date of Last ContactDecember 31, 1979
NamUs Case CreatedNovember 30, 2021

Last Known Location Map

LocationSan Francisco, California 94110
CountySan Francisco County
Missing From Tribal LandNo
Primary Residence on Tribal LandNo
Circumstances of DisappearanceMichael Mondini was last known to be in San Francisco, California in 1979.

Physical Description​

Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown

1705600056570.png

1705600090461.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online