CA CA - Sacramento, Wht/HispMale UP2410, 18-25, in Southside Park, Jan'80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish but I dont think so, maybe they are still preparing to go public on the news outlets.
for the last 5 years i would revisit this case and spend hours and hours researching from where the clothes were made to reaching out to my friends parents that lived in the area etc. I reached out to the detective to see if they can reach out to the prisons she said it would be too much work and now I am going nuts I just wanna know who he is his name anything :( and she has not responded also contacted the records unit they found him but no name yet. It has already been 3-4 months ughhhhhh

for the last 5 years i would revisit this case and spend hours and hours researching from where the clothes were made to reaching out to my friends parents that lived in the area etc. I reached out to the detective to see if they can reach out to the prisons she said it would be too much work and now I am going nuts I just wanna know who he is his name anything :( and she has not responded also contacted the records unit they found him but no name yet. It has already been 3-4 months ughhhhhh
im thinking also they dont want to notify the public because it was a murder and they don't want the suspects knowing.

I thought I would start a thread on this young guy as I came across an article on the case which has a sketch that neither NAMUS or Doe Network has and some more in-depth details that either of those sites have which someone might be able to link to something, for example they have narrowed it down to a man in his 20s and included initials which might be of interest.

NAMUS link - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2410
The Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase531.html
Hot Case 531

Unidentified White/Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on January 17, 1980 in Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
Estimated Date of Death: January 17, 1980
Cause of Death: Gunshot wound to the head

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16-25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"-5'9" (69"); 147 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; Brown eyes. Brown mustache and reddish-brown goatee.
Marks, Scars: Three scars on lower right abdomen, distinctive scar on left hand fingers, large freckles on the shoulders and upper back.
Clothing: Blue quilted jacket; dark blue pullover sweater; blue "Levis"; white, JC-Penney t-shirt; blue Levi's, white shorts; ; white socks; blue jogging shoes. No jewelry.
Personal Effects : "Salem" cigarettes
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located on a set of bleachers at Southside Park sports field in Sacramento, California on January 17, 1980.

Some extra info from this article published today - http://www.modbee.com/2012/02/26/2086147/sacramento-police-hope-for-new.html

Sketches -

363-XQ89G.Em.4.jpg

224-gyu4K.Em.4.jpg

Some more detailed info from today's article -

I wonder if the letters written inside his shoes were WS instead of his initials, HS.

@mackblue916 , I hope that you are still popping in to hear the good news that this man has been identified.

RIP Billy. Wonder how he ended up in Sacramento all the way from New York. But maybe he was a bit of a drifter, a young man out seeing the world, as so many of our Does are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar
Back