UNSOLVED CA - San Jose, infant found at recycling facility, Oct'19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the article:

An infant was found dead at a recycling facility in San Jose early Friday morning, according to police.

Officers responded around 3:30 a.m. to GreenWaste Recovery at 625 Charles St. and found the infant on a conveyor belt within the facility, police said.

Homicide detectives, crime scene investigators and officials with the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner's Office responded to the facility, according to police.

The coroner's office will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Detectives will try to pinpoint where the baby came from.

there is no hope in this situation but i would prefer that this baby was a stillbirth than a short life of abuse. i hope they find whomever did this. a baby does not deserve to be thrown in the trash!!!

Any chance there is a connection to this similar case, cannot find a thread although thought there was one unless i am mixing it up with this case.. fwiw
Oct 8 2022
''ROSCOE, Ill. (WTVO) — On Friday, July 13, 2012, the body of a newborn baby boy was found on a conveyor belt inside a recycling center at 13125 N. Second St., Roscoe.

Detectives say the infant likely arrived at the business by a truck belonging to one of several regional garbage companies after being placed in someone’s trash.

The Winnebago County Coroner’s Officer named the infant “Baby Noah,” and determined that he was probably born alive.

The baby’s parents have never been located, and no arrests have been made in connection with the case.''

i never heard about it again
July 2020 rbbm.
1665325594033.png

''STOCKTON, Calif. — A sad discovery last fall finally got some semblance of a happy ending.
In October 2019, a baby's body was found on a conveyor belt at the GreenWaste Recovery recycling center in San Jose.
After no family claimed the baby boy, Little Treasures, a non-profit that buries abandoned babies, stepped up. After months of delays, the baby was finally laid to rest by the agency on Wednesday, July 29. Virginia Jones, founder of Little Treasures, said the agency had to wait to hold the funeral as law enforcement officers investigated the case and search for the child's family.''

''Little Treasures invited law enforcement from CHP-Stockton to attend the funeral, which was "humbly accepted."
Authorities didn't release the child's identification.''

Safe Surrender Laws:​

Under California law, parents or guardians are legally allowed to abandon a baby within 72 hours of its birth by leaving it at a safe surrender site.
Sites usually include county hospitals and fire stations, approved by the Board of Supervisors, and other various locations.
The hotline number, 1-877-BABY-SAFE (222-9723), above provides helpful information, including locations of safe surrender sites in your county.
Also, you can call the Office of Child Abuse Prevention at (916) 651-6960 for information regarding SBB Law. ''

Started thread for other similar case, fwiw..

Found an article which references both cases and also states that the mothers are not the same for each of those poor babies..

2016 rbbm.
''WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- It's a case that cut straight to the hearts of parents across the Stateline when a newborn baby's body was found on a conveyor belt at a Roscoe recycling center. Four years to the day after Baby Noah's lifeless body was found, detectives say the case is far from going cold.

Just a few months ago the most recent lead came into the Winnebago County Sheriff's Department on the Baby Noah case, but detectives say the woman wasn't a match for the infants.

The difficulty in solving this case is the geographic spread of where the baby could have been born. Detectives say the recycling center took items from Rock, Boone, and Winnebago counties. Despite the difficulties investigators aren't giving up. They've tested the DNA of dozens of women over the years, but none have come back as matches.

"Even if somebody thinks their information is not relevant, providing that information might be the last piece of the puzzle that will connect some dots that we've already investigated," Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Chief Mike Schultz, said.''

Last edited:
i didnt think they would be related, they are very far from one another. i hope both poor little babies are resting peacefully though.

hmm they say babys identity was not released. i wonder if they did find out who the baby was?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back