CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was going to be my next point, about blood relatives being a good percentage of molestation perps. Stranger abductions/molestations are much less common than family abductions/molestations. Why is noone looking at the family? Do they not have a back door? Statistically speaking, it is more likely to a family member than a non-family member.

And no, I would never worry about my dad, he is a good and decent man who just happens to peck my kids on the lips, so does my husband (their father), so does my BIL, we all do. I can't imagine being so fearful that I would be concerned about my family w/o just cause. That is just nuts.

I am operating under the understanding that ths man was not actually a stranger to her, but a neighbor who interacted with her often prior to the pool incident. I understood him to say that after that incident he stopped all interaction with her. I think his interview became skewed.

I was very close to my next door neighbors growng up. I spent lots of time at their house with them and I distinctly remember sitting on my male neighbor's lap, kissing him hello and good-bye, etc. He was a wonderful man who I cared for deeply. Most men are not predators.

Now if I heard that it was more of a sexual kiss than an appropriate kiss then I would not bother to defend him at all. And I reserve the right to be wrong about him. I just don't like calling people perverts or offenders without proof, that is called defamation of character.

My bold-Now I am confused. I thought that he did not know her prior to the pool incident and that afterwards he stated first that he did not know her, but then she did some gardening with him...yet at first he told her No to the gardening when she volunteered, which is a strangely defensive statement in and of itself....:confused:

Oh Nurse - Sandra's daddy made me cry! That is so something I would say ... No, but I wish!

Okay - taking a break -the dishes are calling. I missed the 10:30 presser, hopefully will catch the 3:30 presser. I'm putting a reminder on my calendar :)

Salem

Praying that Sandra comes home today!

I have not heard too much about the Dad, although I heard him answering some reporters questions on the news and they had his face blurred out and I wondered why? Can you tell me are the parents on speaking terms and has he and the mother got together since Sandra went missing? Does he go to the vigils? Just Curious
in yesterday's presser a reporter asked if there was any estrangement with the family (arguments, etc) and LE said there was nothing to indicate.

I haven't seen him at the vigils but then again I haven't watched the vigil videos either. I haven't heard that he "doesn't" attend them and yesterday police said he comes by the station frequently to check on the case and how it is going. I haven't seen any picture or video of the mom and dad together.

Hope that helps....

Oh Nurse - Sandra's daddy made me cry! That is so something I would say ... No, but I wish!

Okay - taking a break -the dishes are calling. I missed the 10:30 presser, hopefully will catch the 3:30 presser. I'm putting a reminder on my calendar :)

Salem

Praying that Sandra comes home today!
look on page 19 (post 471) here Salem....I typed the whole thing pretty much word for word (and my carpal tunnel is acting up so I am off to do something else for a bit too...have fun doing dishes :blowkiss:)

in yesterday's presser a reporter asked if there was any estrangement with the family (arguments, etc) and LE said there was nothing to indicate.

I haven't seen him at the vigils but then again I haven't watched the vigil videos either. I haven't heard that he "doesn't" attend them and yesterday police said he comes by the station frequently to check on the case and how it is going. I haven't seen any picture or video of the mom and dad together.

Hope that helps....

Yes, it does. Thanks so much!:)

www.ci.tracy.ca.us/twitter for live updates

-today's activities boat/water search...no divers planned, on the old river on the delta from 10-3; not because of leads...covering bases

-garbage will continue thru sat; searching all of Tracy resident's trash. covering all bases...cannot go back and search trash after the fact

-reward is 9k.. this afternoon at next presser may increase significantly as they are totalling the new donations. to donate you may do so via sun carrington foundation 888-813-8389, or crime stoppers 209-831-69(8?)47
cannot read my own writing lol

-569 leads as of right now... not all are open yet...working thru them

-this afternoon they will release a video of sandra at home....NOT the cc video...no idea when that will be released

-no dogs at landfill

-dad is scheduled to come in....asked by le... have some more questions on things they want to clear up...was he poly's who was poly'd...le won't discuss

-kiss incident... once again will review the complaint after investigation over

-yes another search was done in oakdale yesterday (one reporter said, "why did you search Sinclair's cousin's house so I guess that explains the relationship to sinclair)

-mark klaas critical of how long it took to release info on sandra...le defends themselves saying they were caught up in the investigation...sent fax out at 0243... said they did more than what was normal for an eight year old who could have wandered off playing with friends (yes that is what he said) and that because it was dark and she had no history of running away they immediately went door to door and had blood hounds and helicopter

-wont give specifics on leads....they have even listened to psychic leads

-yes le is tired and frustrated but they are optimistic... are they any closer? YES they are onto things...several things leading in the the right direction. They won't rule anything out until they have the complete story (yes he really said that)

-no searches in mexico unless mexican consulate is doing it and le not aware of that

-no sws planned for today... why sws served on these people? le says that had enough probable cause for judge to sign the warrant. they had two names on the search warrant and two more were added:waitasec: the reason they were searched is because thought the people could be connected to the case.

-why was sinclair arrested...he was getting in the way while they were trying to serve the search warrant...he is a poi...everyone is a poi

-why did you search COUSIN'S HOUSE IN OAKDALE...not going to talk about that

-were all locations related to wohler? cannot talk about that

-why did you get the search warrants? cannot get into that

-three thirty is next presser

-ETA: he said there were FOUR mobile homes searched, one business, one oakdale home, four cars two names on the sw....two more were added

sorry if you guys could follow that...... eta....I mean I hope you guys could follow that and sorry if it sucked.... I was trying to type too fast
sorry so long.....bumping for Salem

I am shocked that anyone would defend a MAN that kissed a CHILD on the lips at a swimming pool! I am speechless that excuses are being made for why it was maybe okay for him to do that!

I am shocked that anyone would defend a MAN that kissed a CHILD on the lips at a swimming pool! I am speechless that excuses are being made for why it was maybe okay for him to do that!

I hear ya!

While looking for video of "the kissing incident" and FW, I did find this:
"Late Monday, the Tracy police did confirm that a search of mobile homes at the park where Cantu disappeared from last Friday has turned up evidence, but said the child has still not been located."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19051010/detail.html#-

So specifically, they found evidence in the mobile home park itself related to her disappearance is how I am reading this. So did this trigger the search warrants or was this the result?

I find it strange that the CCTV
1) was installed so recently, and
2) did not capture an image of anyone talking to or approaching the child.

Grandpa sounds like a real character...trapping kitty-cats? And what's up with the girl " communicating with the older residents", as was mentioned in the KCRA article? When my childred were that young, they played with other little kids...I find it suspicious for adults to be striking up a convo or hanging around little kids when their parent's aren't around.

Susan

Let me tell ya', when I was a kid, I was friends with so many adults in the neighborhood. There was one single dad of a teen boy and I'd just harass him for hours, going to his door or bothering him while he worked on his car. I called him Buddy and he was very patient until one day he threatened to smack me if I didn't leave him alone. It didn't take long for me to come back and start talking his head off again.
An elderly Italian brother and sister were my other targets. I'd go in their home and listen to old stories of when they were young. I called them the Italian Grandparents. There was another old man whose house I would go to when I was 3 or so and ask him to walk me home. He did, letting me hold his pinky in my hand. I was scared to go by a certain house on my way home from a friend's (with good reason) so I asked his help. He asked me why only once but the answer I gave probably didn't make sense to him.
Like Sandra, I was very friendly and talked to adults all the time. I guess I was pretty lucky that none of them were perverts. It was a different time, I'm40 now, and parents were not as worried, but we had a few wackos in the neighborhood. But, most of a us kids knew who was off and who wasn't, even when our parents didn't and I stayed far away from the nuts. Still, I was lucky.

That was going to be my next point, about blood relatives being a good percentage of molestation perps. Stranger abductions/molestations are much less common than family abductions/molestations. Why is noone looking at the family? Do they not have a back door? Statistically speaking, it is more likely to a family member than a non-family member.

And no, I would never worry about my dad, he is a good and decent man who just happens to peck my kids on the lips, so does my husband (their father), so does my BIL, we all do. I can't imagine being so fearful that I would be concerned about my family w/o just cause. That is just nuts.

I am operating under the understanding that ths man was not actually a stranger to her, but a neighbor who interacted with her often prior to the pool incident. I understood him to say that after that incident he stopped all interaction with her. I think his interview became skewed.

I was very close to my next door neighbors growng up. I spent lots of time at their house with them and I distinctly remember sitting on my male neighbor's lap, kissing him hello and good-bye, etc. He was a wonderful man who I cared for deeply. Most men are not predators.

Now if I heard that it was more of a sexual kiss than an appropriate kiss then I would not bother to defend him at all. And I reserve the right to be wrong about him. I just don't like calling people perverts or offenders without proof, that is called defamation of character.

BOLDED is mine. I respect your opinions and don't mean this in a negative way about anythign personal - - - but if my daughter climbed on the lap of a male neighbor and kissed him, I would freak out. I think we were raised differently as my parents were really strict about me sitting on the laps of men, even my uncles. To this day I carry that with me. I cringe when I see a little girl on a man's lap who is not her father.

Also the only person who said it was an innocent TAP kiss was the man who the report was made on. What if the report says otherwise?

I remember when I was in school this group would come in with puppets and show the kids what inapropriate touching was and included in that was strangers kissing you on the mouth and even family members and to always ask your parents if it is okay.

Let me tell ya', when I was a kid, I was friends with so many adults in the neighborhood. There was one single dad of a teen boy and I'd just harass him for hours, going to his door or bothering him while he worked on his car. I called him Buddy and he was very patient until one day he threatened to smack me if I didn't leave him alone. It didn't take long for me to come back and start talking his head off again.
An elderly Italian brother and sister were my other targets. I'd go in their home and listen to old stories of when they were young. I called them the Italian Grandparents. There was another old man whose house I would go to when I was 3 or so and ask him to walk me home. He did, letting me hold his pinky in my hand. I was scared to go by a certain house on my way home from a friend's (with good reason) so I asked his help. He asked me why only once but the answer I gave probably didn't make sense to him.
Like Sandra, I was very friendly and talked to adults all the time. I guess I was pretty lucky that none of them were perverts. It was a different time, I'm40 now, and parents were not as worried, but we had a few wackos in the neighborhood. But, most of a us kids knew who was off and who wasn't, even when our parents didn't and I stayed far away from the nuts. Still, I was lucky.

You were 3 years old and walking around alone? huh?

BOLDED is mine. I respect your opinions and don't mean this in a negative way about anythign personal - - - but if my daughter climbed on the lap of a male neighbor and kissed him, I would freak out. I think we were raised differently as my parents were really strict about me sitting on the laps of men, even my uncles. To this day I carry that with me. I cringe when I see a little girl on a man's lap who is not her father.

Also the only person you said it was a TAP kiss innocent was the man who the report was made on. What is the report says otherwise?

I remember when I was in school this group would come in with puppets and show the kids what inapropriate touching was and included in that was strangers kissing you on the mouth and even family members and to always ask your parents if it is okay.

I was molested for many years as a child by a family friend, and I also was violently, sexually, assaulted by a boyfriend at 23 yo. I am what many refer to as a "hover-mother". I am hyper-vigilant when it comes to my children's safety. If I saw a stranger kiss one of my kids on the lips I would probably freak out. But we don't really know how long the family had been neighbors with this man, and we don't know how often Sandra hung out with the man. We do know that the mother thought nothing of letting her barely 8 yo daughter wander around the neighborhood alone, even after calling LE about the pool incident a couple of years earlier. The fact is that no one has given any context to that particular incident, and I just think that until someone speaks out to say that it was intentional sexual contact, I will reserve from slandering a man.

I have been around families who repel from hugs, and families who seem to have no physical boundaries at all. Although I watch my children like a hawk, and I frequently remind them that kids are assaulted every day, I won't tell decide for them what their comfort level is and I won't make them fearful of family members that I trust implicitly.

TripleA that is so horrible you had to go thru that! Big hugs to you!

My opinion of the kiss in this case......is that it was bad enough that the family reported it to the police... we don't know all the details of the encounter yet (for all we know it could be part of the current investigation) but whatever happened in that pool the family called LE...not a, "hey frank, cut that out" but a pick up the phone and call police moment.

ETA: from back in my college sociology days i can remember learning that PDA (public displays of affection) are cultural and even subcultural...fwiw...and going along with what you were saying about all families being different. My Sis in law from Spain kisses me on both cheeks..every time I see her (drives me crazy...lol).. I lived in germany for 6 years and there people will do the double cheek peck...and hugging is like assault LOL....

there is no excuse.ever:furious::furious::furious:

you were lucky and times were different.times are very different now.
the ones who rape and kill children that get caught now suffer for extended periods of time.the beatings are repeated over and over.keepm in mind some of these monsters get caught and we never here much about it sometimes we never hear anything at all.

It's so sad that a little eight year old girl can not go play with a friend after school. When I was younger than that I would walk down to the other end of the block to play with my friend, we also never locked our doors and felt safe! Have times changed for the better or for the worst?

VB

And some people think I am crazy for watching my children like a hawk. They are my world and I can't imagine having one of them missing. I read about all of these abductions and murders and I know that I am not wrong for wanting to know exactly where they are 24/7.

I pray for this little girl's safe return to her family.

It seems foolish to allow a child to be unsupervised at any time these days. Despite the work we do on this site, the chances of stranger abduction is very, very rare. I think more rare than getting hit by lightening. But, who the heck wants to take even the remotest chance of your child being abducted, assaulted and killed by a stranger? I could not take it. I would go insane, kill as many RSO's as I could find and then kill myself if that happened to a child of mine.

Nevertheless, I worry about the impact of contant supervision and vigilance on children. My mom's neighborhood, where I grew up, once swarmed with kids. Now, they are locked inside getting fat and watching t.v. and palying video games or trapped in an intense regimine of organized activities. Kids do not have the freedom of unsupervised exploration and play anymore and I wonder what that does to their psyches. I spent hours exploring either alone or with friends. What fun, dreamy, fantasy-laden times those were. My imagination was nurtured during these times. I had fun, got exercise and didn't feel "watched" all the time. I noticed that the girls who live next door to my mom and are always supervised, would act so strange the few times they were allowed outside under the gaze of their parents - stilted, quiet compared to how we were as kids, and they seemed a bit unnatural. They would gaze towards neighbor's windows sometimes and generally act as if they knew they were the main characters in a play that was always about them. I think that comes from never being free of parental supervision to any large degree. But what is the alternative? Perhaps investing in some highly trained large dogs that accompany the kids everywhere and are trained to attack if an adult comes too close or someone tries to hurt the kids? I don't know.

I think we are all different because even my 15 year old son knows that I must know where he is, with who, when, telephone number please, name of parent, address and a time of return.

I know that if something is going to happen at times it will - such as when he was young and I would watch him like a hawl at the park, for fear of him falling fromt he moneky bars - well his friends who were there ALONE - would never get hurt, but my kid did.

But for some reason I feel if I let him go freely with no information that if something does happen - I will not be able to live with myself. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4