CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking about this yesterday nurse, and remembering what the astros read in Sandra's chart about asphyxiation/drowning. Maybe there is no OBVIOUS cause of death and they need to send toxicology reports. I'm not a ME but I wonder if asphyxia is difficult to diagnose as a cause of death. Or maybe they are just biding their time @ the request of LE before releasing info.

TRACY, Calif. --Hours after FBI crime scene investigators entered Clover Road Baptist Church, they left the building Tuesday evening with more than half a dozen bags of evidence in connection to Sandra Cantu's death. Authorities also searched underneath the church looking for clues that will lead to Cantu's killer.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html (Bolded by me) I would like to know how they did this as the building appears to have a concrete foundation and appears to be built of cinderblock. WTH?

Maybe has a crawlspace access for plumbing? Could be they were checking to see if the area had been used for hiding purposes for a time.

Searched but couldn't find an answer.....does anyone know if this is the church that was being discussed early on by Sandra & sisters or friends (can't remember which) er movie than church?

seeing all the new posts..... I am thinking this ALL points towards the Tracy 60..... maybe LE is just trying to get all their ducks in a row because they are planning on doing a HUGE arrest.... who's to say Wohler, Lawless AND Sinclair are not ALL involved?

Just MY opinion and MY mind going WAY too fast thinking about all this.... ;)
You raise a possibility. However, I think the person who took Sandra was quick to dispose of her after whatever happened took place. I would have to believe this was done on a singular level with little time for planning or without much thought into disposal of her body. A crime of opportunity.

If it involved more men (such as the Tracy 60) then the time she would have been kept alive would come into play so they could photograph her etc. I don't see this being the case. I lean more towards it being for a single sexual assault ending in her probably being strangled which happened in a span of less than an hour.

Maybe has a crawlspace access for plumbing? Could be they were checking to see if the area had been used for hiding purposes for a time.

Searched but couldn't find an answer.....does anyone know if this is the church that was being discussed early on by Sandra & sisters or friends (can't remember which) er movie than church?
Two of our members found a reference to Sandra's mother being active in this particular church by someone who used to babysit Sandra...so the assumption is this would be the church Sandra mentioned to her grandfather.

Crawlspace! I forget about those. Thanks!

LE knows this suitcase is connected to that church...they knew the connection prior to anyone even talking about a rummage sale and a stolen bag. The bag being stolen from the church is not the connection. What was found in the bag is the connection to the church. It obviously belonged to someone associated with that church as attested to by the above article, as well as LE's search of the church prior to any knowledge of a stolen suitcase from said church. The church has a very meager membership so identifying the owner of the suitcase should be relatively simple IMO.

I don't think that there is any need to identify the owner of the suitcase. That person has already come forward when they reported the bag stolen. My understanding is that person packed the luggage with items to be donated to the rummage sale. I am sure the police has a description of the contents of the bag. I suspect that items originally packed in the suitcase were found stored in the shed as the perp likey emptied the suitcase and placed Sandra in it in the shed. JMO.

If it was in the newspaper report this suitcase was stolen prior to being donated to the church, I'm sure LE knows who had it 'stolen.' At least I hope so!

It is a curious development, IMO.

What is also puzzeling is the statement by someone who knew the family well, the babysitter until Sandra was 7, said the family attended that particular church, yet neighbors say the did NOT.

Interesting contradiction, IMO...........could the family have stopped going to that church for a particular reason?

I totally believe LE is close to solving this crime. Everyone says it couldn't be connected to the church, it couldn't be anyone in the trailer park.............I think people will be VERY surprised when LE solves this case. It'll be that 'nice guy' that couldn't possibly have done it.:eek:

JMHO
fran

About going to more that 1 church: I am a member of the family church I grew up in. My grandfather helped build it, and I am 62 yrs old, old church. My mother cousins children grand children all go there. My granddaughter,11 yrs old goes to a different church, as her grandfather on other side of family is the pastor there. I sometimes go there. My son joined another church about 25 miles from here and has become a part of their music team. For about 6 mo. after he first joined, I went there every Sun. I jokingly tell everyone I have 3 church families. Just relating to this family.:)

Two of our members found a reference to Sandra's mother being active in this particular church by someone who used to babysit Sandra...so the assumption is this would be the church Sandra mentioned to her grandfather.

Crawlspace! I forget about those. Thanks!
two pages back....I will go find it again... there is a post that also quotes neighbors saying they did not attend that church.

Originally Posted by wfgodot
Nicole Lee, 18, of Tracy, who once lived there, said she baby-sat Sandra for a couple of years, until she was 7.

The second-grader loved to play, Lee said, and was very smart. Lee said Sandra loved cookies.

She said the girl and her mother were active in the Clover Road Baptist Church. The slaying has shaken the community where everyone knew each other.
(http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_120906...ce=most_viewed)

HOWEVER, SF Gate/SF Chronicle, in a later report, says....

Sandra's family - who gave no public interviews Tuesday - does not attend Clover Road Baptist Church, neighbors said.
(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN8016UFO2.DTL)

found it

The cord is the first thing to come to mind. There could be traces of hair, DNA, blood, or fingerprints possibly.

Interesting. Recently there was a "peeper" that got busted near here and we found out that he had cut areas out of his blinds to watch through with his binoculars. I called and asked if he was also taking pictures or taking videos through these holes and the cops wouldnt tell me. This was a cul de sac area where alot of the kids & moms would hang out during the day playing & talking.
I wonder if this is why the blinds were taken. If so, thats dang scarey....like its something that a bunch of these monsters do.

two pages back....I will go find it again... there is a post that also quotes neighbors saying they did not attend that church.
Oh, thanks! I haven't read backwards that far yet. I wish the family or even other members of the church would come out with the answer tho. Since the across the street neighbor and others have said not much activity happens there...maybe other people simply were not aware they were members or how active they were in the church.

Interesting. Recently there was a "peeper" that got busted near here and we found out that he had cut areas out of his blinds to watch through with his binoculars. I called and asked if he was also taking pictures or taking videos through these holes and the cops wouldnt tell me. This was a cul de sac area where alot of the kids & moms would hang out during the day playing & talking.
I wonder if this is why the blinds were taken. If so, thats dang scarey....like its something that a bunch of these monsters do.
Ooooo...that is seriously creepy!!! And in many places...not considered illegal. :eek:

Reminds me of Misty just HAPPENING to need to pee right when Ronalds coming home...and just HAPPENS to find Haleighs gone at that same time...

The longer I'm around, and it hasn't been that long <<claiming newbie protection>> :crazy: , the more I see similarities amongst cases...or maybe it's just that I can't get these poor kids outta my head...

I know what you mean about "can't get these poor kids outta my head." I sat at my computer all day yesterday crying. My 2 granddaughters age 12 were here. They were about to have me committed! We finally went to the book store to get away from this, and I left them in the teens section and went to a table to read. Went back to look for them and I had everyone in the store trying to find them for about 20 min. They were in the Starbucks, inside the bookstore, pretending they were grown up drinking coffee. Scared me to death! Nex time I am going to get one of those leashes and attach:crazy::D them to me! They probably won't come back anymore!

It is so hard to follow this very long thread. Can someone give a recap of the case? Was the cause of death released? I missed the presser yesterday.

Thank you so much.

Thanks, Swannie! I didn't until now! I so dislike people who insert themselves into such cases only to find out they have a sordid past. Can't people who have no record be the ones to go to the aid of these poor families who are suffering?!

Lisa Encarnacion, who up a few days ago was the spokeswoman for Sandra Cantu&#8217;s family, said today she stepped back from that role when police told the family about her criminal past.

Seven years ago, she said, she was convicted of felony embezzlement from the Vintage Faire Nursing & Rehab in Modesto, where she worked. She served a year in the Stanislaus County Public Safety Center, the women&#8217;s jail in Modesto.

Before Sandra disappeared on March 27, Encarnacion didn&#8217;t know Sandra&#8217;s mother Maria Chavez or her father Danny Cantu, or their families. But she said she was drawn to help them and showed up at the first vigil at the mobile home park.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...icle-Family spokeswoman-s past revealed =&ope

It's unfortunate that these type of cases bring ppl out of the woodwork that have no business associating with the families of the victims. This lady may very well have had good intentions, however ~ IMHO the longer this case goes on (hasn't gone on long as of now) the more there will be ppl with unsavory history's that will try to access this family.

Mendera~ I read almost all the posts from yesterday that I missed, I did not see a COD or MOD released.

The cord is the first thing to come to mind. There could be traces of hair, DNA, blood, or fingerprints possibly.

Could the blinds have come from the window where Slater had posted a picture of Sandra? Still doesn't explain why the would have taken it, or why it seemed to be evidence????:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow