CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.

It is odd that the preacher's wife would use the word abused if no one else did!!! I have NOT heard anyone else say ABUSED
I have only heard deceased....we still do not know how Sandra died........
til autopsy comes in. WE and everyone else assume homecide of course.

No problem :) I just don't think what they said can allow us to rule him out yet. I hope it didn't sound snarky, I didn't mean it like that at all!

I actually agree so it must've come out all wrong on my end..I blame it on that burn-out I was talking about :crazy:

I honestly didn't take it as snarky either! :blowkiss:

Hi, I think they are referring to the police putting a sticky yellow tape around the bag, thereby sealing it . I would think they'd do this to prove the bag was as yet unopened by LE.

If the perp was so careless as to throw this bag in an irrigation pond, knowing it would surface when the water was drained, I doubt he would go to the trouble of 'sealing' the bag so it wouldn't leak. He evidently cared less about his package. xox IMO

Ok, I see what you are saying. However, I didn't think LE would seal anything, since they need to collect evidence off the luggage, the tape may interfere??? Once they collect something of value I know they seal the evidence bag. I don't know...we need another presser.

PS...Scandi I was born and raised in Oregon, nice to see someone living there on here... :blowkiss:

Ok, I see what you are saying. However, I didn't think LE would seal anything, since they need to collect evidence off the luggage, the tape may interfere??? Once they collect something of value I know they seal the evidence bag. I don't know...we need another presser.

Have they mentioned another presser????

I know I read that the pond was either filled or emptied 2 weeks ago.

I know the link said they were draining the ditch when the bag popped up and they spotted it.

Dear Locals: How often do they drain and then fill the irrigation pond? I would guess it is when the water gets low, and not on a specific time schedule. The farmer probably buys the water in a specific amount tho, so to not overfill the pond, they maybe drain the leftover water out :confused:

I thought they said the water had not been drained since she had gone missing. Anyone else read that? To me that means the bag was thrown into water. I just need to know more about the workings of the irrigation system.

There are too many variables right now to try and figure things out. We don't know if she was put in the water immediately, 1, 2, 3 days after death, etc.

PS: I HOPE THOSE FIELD WORKERS GET TO SPLIT THE $30,000 REWARD. :blowkiss:

BBM- I hadn't heard about any duct tape. Do you remember where you heard this? TIA

O, wow, someone asked me a question. I just started watching JVM-- the just got done with the who's the suspect, back and forth... anyone remember Abbott and Costello's "who's on first".

Lurkeyloo... I'm pretty sure that I saw it mentioned somewhere in the thread. I'm not sure where... if I have it confused with another reference to duct tape I apologize. I'm going to go back and look for that.

I am reposting this because I posted it just as the other thread closed.

The local reporter Jane interviewed made an important distinction about whether or not the pastor was named a suspect - the sargeant said that the rumor that the pastor is a suspect is a rumor; in other words, he has not been named a suspect. However, he has also not been ruled out as a suspect.

I think that since the Scott Peterson case, LE, pretty much nationwide stopped using the term "suspect" and started using the term "person of interest."

At last night's presser (I think that was the one) they announced it hadn't been drained for at least two weeks.

I know the link said they were draining the ditch when the bag popped up and they spotted it.

Dear Locals: How often do they drain and then fill the irrigation pond? I would guess it is when the water gets low, and not on a specific time schedule. The farmer probably buys the water in a specific amount tho, so to not overfill the pond, they maybe drain the leftover water out :confused:

I thought they said the water had not been drained since she had gone missing. Anyone else read that? To me that means the bag was thrown into water. I just need to know more about the workings of the irrigation system.

There are too many variables right now to try and figure things out. We don't know if she was put in the water immediately, 1, 2, 3 days after death, etc.

Thanks Steadfast....I never doubt you for a minute...just seemed to have missed that...didn't watch JVM either. I was just curious, I thought the pastor's wife had said it....just trying to clear it up in my mind.... Poor baby girl... :(

I always want sources cited for any info on here, so I sure don't take offense if someone else does! :) The flip-flop info was a quick addition, and I should have stated where I got it -- just got in a hurry.:blowkiss:

If the pump is in a certain positition they may have to drain the pond to work on the pump, or if they're not using that section they may clear out the water to keep down so many bugs and mosquitoes. My husband did that type of pump work when he was very young, but doesn't really know. Maybe they were irrigating with the pond water.

PS...Scandi I was born and raised in Oregon, nice to see someone living there on here... :blowkiss:

Neat! We have several Oregonians at WS. :blowkiss:

You do make a valid point there Chicagofa. I don't know the protocol. Today on hlM I thought they said the evidence would be on the inside of the bag, not the outside, as it had been in water.

I guess I thought that as LE made a point of telling us they didn't open the bag for 5 hours after taking posession of it. xox

Channel 13 (KOVR) just showed how short a drive it was from the mobile home park to the retention pond. It also looked a lot deeper than in the photos shown yesterday. 2.25 miles per his speedometer.

Quick update, please ..

Anyone? :D

TIA :blowkiss:
Hey Marla,
OK, let me see if I can try to remember everything! There have been two pressers and no one has been arrested yet. They have a search warrant for the church that is supposedly being done as I write. JVM said that flip flops were still on Sandra but we don't know where that came from. Pastor and wife say they knew the family well, blah, blah, and they want to tell whatever they can - were interviewed by LE for 3 hours. People in the MHP are scared to death. Coroner's report is finished, but LE says it won't be announced for some time b/c of things he has to do, blah, blah.
If I remember more I'll post it!

Not all farms have irrigation retention ponds. They buy water by the cubic yard and many farmers flood the fields when they irrigate. I worked with a teacher and she had seven small acres, and she or her husband had to be there when they got the water. Agriculture is the major consumer of water in the Central Valley.

Neat! We have several Oregonians at WS. :blowkiss:

You do make a valid point there Chicagofa. I don't know the protocol. Today on hlM I thought they said the evidence would be on the inside of the bag, not the outside, as it had been in water.

I guess I thought that as LE made a point of telling us they didn't open the bag for 5 hours after taking posession of it. xox

It called CHAIN OF EVIDENCE. A seal is placed on the container, bag etc. and the seal has a number. If the container leaves the crime scene and arrives a another location, they can tell if the evidence has been tampered with if the seal is broken.

After watching JVM and NG, it was said those were not irrigation ponds. They were uhm...er...sludge ponds from the runoff of the dairy farm which means they were not clean water at all. Anyone else catch that?

Not to take issue with JVM, but in the video, Sandra is NOT WEARING flip flops. Looks like tennis shoes to me

Yes, I recorded NG and am just watching it at that very part. I'm going to type out what how he describes it exactly so we will know. I'll post it in a few minutes.

After watching JVM and NG, it was said those were not irrigation ponds. They were uhm...er...sludge ponds from the runoff of the dairy farm which means they were not clean water at all. Anyone else catch that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey