CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nancy Grace the Sherriff said they IDed her by earrings she was wearing as well the clothes. Does this mean her body wasn't deceasesed that long?

Well someone posted earlier that being submerged in water it would take longer to decompose than if on land. Also earrings would be there either way and the clothes.

gloves were found in a crawlspace under the church per NG interviewing sheriff in charge.

On Nancy Grace the Sherriff said they IDed her by earrings she was wearing as well the clothes. Does this mean her body wasn't deceasesed that long?
She's only been missing since March 27 and if she was placed in water early, water slows down decomb - bodies in water decompose half as fast as those exposed to air.

How differently do dead bodies decompose underwater?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080804011450AA0zyZL
When dead bodies are dumped into the ocean, what are the differences in decomposition from what occurs on land? Will it preserve the body better?

Well when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth. So yes, keeping a body submersed in water will generally preserve it longer.
Source(s):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompositi...

When dead bodies are dumped into the ocean, what are the differences in decomposition from what occurs on land? Will it preserve the body better?

Well when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth. So yes, keeping a body submersed in water will generally preserve it longer.
Source(s):

This was being discussed earlier today and I know someone posted about pesticides speeding up decomp as in Caylee's case. If it wasn't an organic farm there would have been pesticides in the irrigation pond.

I remember the decomp converstation from the Caylee case. I know that it's unsettling to read but here is a link that gives us a rough timeline about bodies submerged in water

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition#Animal_decomposition

A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): if all other factors are equal, then, when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth.

She could have been deceased up to 10 days before they found her. She was in shallow water as opposed to the deep ocean or a deep body of cold water, the water in which she was found was used to capture run off and included animal biological waste (feces) and I'm not sure what the temps were during that 10 day period in which she was missing and until she was discovered.

To me that means she was still wearing the clothes and earrings, which matched what she was last seen in (the video from the mobile home park on 3/27). I saw in another article earlier today that dental records were also used for identification.

I hope that he was a disorganized killer. That means he left behind scads of evidence.

I am counting on the luggage. It must have something forensic in it..what are the chances it's brand new?

Source(s):

This is posted in the LTWH section.
Decomposition-For those researching UID's

In the video the reporter states that it looks like a pair of "work gloves"
I would think that if these gloves have any connection to Sandra's death or disposal of her body, that fibers or other trace evidence would be left either on her body or the suitcase.

Does anyone think maybe they are looking for more victims? I'm not quite sure what they are looking for. A Crawl space has wood? Or maybe they found some of insulation or something with the remains. Any ideas? hope that makes sense im scratching my head here lol

I am counting on the luggage. It must have something forensic in it..what are the chances it's brand new?

I am too christine. This does not appear to be a well thought out crime even without the TH theory of "disorganized" killer.

IMHO it looks like a crime of opportunity vs. planning, a perp that was known to the vic vs. stranger coming into the community.

Everything that we have seen so far illustrates a crime that was commited at the spur of the moment, an opportunity presented itself to this man, he had coveted her and he seized the opportunity.

The exclusion to this would be the suitcase, that shows a bit of planning of sorts.

However, we don't know where that suitcase came from and how available it was to the perp. It could have just been there at his fingertips literally.

But when I look at the suitcase as a plan to dispose of her body, then the fact that a retention pond was selected shows a lack of planning as well.

LE hasn't said if she was sexually assaulted or not. I am willing to bet she was.

One scenario that I have turned over in my mind is that this was a crime of opportunity, the crime intended was sexual assault. The crime escalated and he killed her, and then disposed of her body in the quickest fashion possible without careful planning of the first crime through the other crimes he commited against her.

Just some thoughts I have been tossing around in my head today JMHO

That is interesting but I think he's incarcerated. I am interested in the other guy on Megan's Law...RAL. Could he be one of the one grandkid without a myspace? Possibly Melissa's brother (just 2 years younger)? Just speculation...

Edited to add link (this link was posted earlier by another member): http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?searchby=offender&id=18607341L7603

I remember the decomp converstation from the Caylee case. I know that it's unsettling to read but here is a link that gives us a rough timeline about bodies submerged in water

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition#Animal_decomposition

She could have been deceased up to 10 days before they found her. She was in shallow water as opposed to the deep ocean or a deep body of cold water, the water in which she was found was used to capture run off and included animal biological waste (feces) and I'm not sure what the temps were during that 10 day period in which she was missing and until she was discovered.

The maximum time she could have been in the water is ten days. The water was not THAT shallow - the bag came to the surface AFTER it was draining, not before - so she would have been submerged. Daytime temps were probably 60-70 and 40-50 at night. There's nothing stating that there were FECES in the water - that's speculation. Runoff ponds are usually allowed to evaporate, not used to flood fields whidch was the reason this pond was drained.

The maximum time she could have been in the water is ten days. The water was not THAT shallow - the bag came to the surface AFTER it was draining, not before - so she would have been submerged. Daytime temps were probably 60-70 and 40-50 at night. There's nothing stating that there were FECES in the water - that's speculation. Runoff ponds are usually allowed to evaporate, not used to flood fields whidch was the reason this pond was drained.

I'm sorry I was going by a interview either on JVM or NG with someone who mentioned that there was biological waste from animals in the water.

Exactly how deep are the ponds?

If the church is a major part in the investigation....I was thinking in a small church usually it's certain volunteers that have their own keys to the building, like the alter guild or certain members of the financial team. It is a small church from what I understand and I'm sure it was kept locked when not in use. Maybe we should look into who would have access to the church alone? Perhaps the crime occurred in the church, maybe the crawl space. I just cannot imagine what led them to that crawl space! What again is the church called maybe they have a website? TIA

It's been reported in the media that this pond was previously searched and drained. Do we know when it was drained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper