Middle Name - Paul
Last Name - Hayes
Sex - Male
Height - 6' 1" (73 Inches)
Weight - 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact - January 18, 1996
Location - Stafford, California 95565
Circumstances of Disappearance - On 1/18/1996, Hayes indicated to roommates he would be returning to his home in Southern California from Humboldt County. In the early morning hours of 1/19/1996. Hayes' maroon Truck was found parked along the northbound lane of hwy 101 at Redcrest. The truck was out of fuel and contained all of Hayes's' belongings. Hayes had been acting strangely and may have last been seen attempting to get fuel or rent a motel room in Rio Dell.
Hair Color - Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description - Shoulder length
Eye Color - Hazel
-

Red-dash outline is Humboldt County. Both Rio Dell and Redcrest are in Humboldt County. Interesting his car was in the northbound lane (near Redcrest) when he was travelling to his family home in Southern California and that he was potentially seen ~ 14 miles north in Rio Dell looking for gas/hotel. Explainable if he realized he needed gas and turned around to head towards more populated area, I suppose, but still not headed in southern direction as indicated he told his roommates.

1693504317595.png

I'm debating if he could be either of these John Does found in California
First link isn't opening for me, says not available.
The second Doe - stats might be workable - his car was found 700 miles away.

First link isn't opening for me, says not available.
The second Doe - stats might be workable - his car was found 700 miles away.
My thought was maybe that he hitchhiked - I'm not sure how common that was by the mid-90s.The first doe's profile was working for me yesterday - could be a glitch or an ID.

@iulia was this John Doe's NAMUS one of the cases that was removed this morning? I swear it was working yesterday...
Yes, UP17370 was removed yesterday.

I checked the Unsolved Cases for Humboldt County but it hasn't been marked as identified yet.

These are the male MPs reported missing before 2006 that were removed this week:

MP19293 Ray Morrison IV, 2 yo, DLC 12.02.1997 Ventura County, CA
MP37666 Kevin Cassetty, 21 yo, DLC 07.23.1982 Stark County, OH
MP90247 David Dillon, 31 yo, DLC 01.17.1984 Washtenaw County, MI

I think David Dillon was matched to UP11315.

During their investigation, detectives located a witness who reportedly saw a man matching the description of Hayes in Redcrest during the early morning hours of January 9. The man reportedly told the witness that he had run out of gas. The witness gave the man a ride, however, the man reportedly began acting strangely and the witness dropped him off under the Stafford overpass out of fear for their safety. The witness reportedly continued on and retrieved fuel for the man, however, upon returning approximately 10 minutes later to the Stafford location, the man was gone.

The HCSO commented on their post: He was believed to have possibly been experiencing a mental health crisis.

I can’t get this Doe out of my head as a possible match to Scott: 190UMCA

The height is the biggest discrepancy, but that’s assuming both estimates are accurate. Scott’s hair is described as blonde but in the photo it looks darker and possibly dyed blonde IMO. The Doe’s is described as red or sandy brown. Ancestry lists an address for Scott in Poway, CA which is about 75 miles from where the Doe was found.

The recons all look a little different depending on the artistic liberties taken by the various artists (lips, eyebrows, hair style, etc.). I found it a little difficult to compare images because of the angle in which Scott’s photo was taken, but they have similar bone structure IMO (jawline, cheekbones).
IMG_2744.jpegIMG_2745.jpegIMG_2747.jpeg

Hayes is certainly not a very Latin-sounding surname, but I can find little to nothing with regards to Scott’s ancestry, especially without sleuthing people who are likely living. Feel free to talk me out of this one! :p

His NamUs was modified on January 8th, I believe they added vehicle info.

General Motor Corp. Sonoma​

Style: Pickup
Color:Maroon and Red
State: California
License Plate: 4E26051
Comments: Vehicle was recovered on side of hyw, day Hayes was last seen. Truck had a camper shell on back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball
Back