GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They know who the woman is???? I must have missed something.

"Detectives have few leads Thursday in their investigation into the death of a 21-year-old San Diego woman whose body was found stuffed into a suitcase that turned up behind a Core-Columbia inn."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31659731/suitcase-containing-human-remains-found-in-downtown-san-diego

Oh, LE knows who she is and she's only 21 yrs. old. Young girl. :(

Investigators have identified the dead woman but are withholding her name and place of residence pending notification of her family.

A ruling on her cause of death is on hold pending completion of postmortem exams

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31659731/suitcase-containing-human-remains-found-in-downtown-san-diego

Wow, the killer did manage initially to fit the suitcase in the trash bin. I didn't think it'd fit into the bin.
How disgusting kills and dumps like that. The killer needs to be caught!

Evidence suggests that the "medium sized'' suitcase containing the dead woman had been dumped in one of the trash cans next to which it was found,
Valentin said. A man who wheeled the bins from the curbside to the parking lot prior to the discovery of the body told police it had felt unusually heavy, the lieutenant said

Detectives do not know who removed the valise from the garbage can, according to Valentin.

Wow, the killer did manage initially to fit the suitcase in the trash bin. I didn't think it'd fit into the bin.
How disgusting kills and dumps like that. The killer needs to be caught!

So....how did the suitcase get out of the bin and onto the sidewalk. It's my understanding the man who called police found the suitcase on the sidewalk. I'll go back to review that video. Maybe he did take it out of the bin?

Or, someone else did, freaked out, and left it there??

Roll that video again....

As reported in the L.A. Times, there's no connection to the woman with the sister in the news segment:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-woman-body-found-suitcase-hotel-20160407-story.html

Thank You. I'm surprised it isn't her sister! Where's her sister then?
I'd still take a look at them, and especially him, because they seemed so eager to establish a story early on. Gee, am I Curious Me or Suspicious Me?

Valentin said the deceased woman was not related to a woman who expressed fear to a TV reporter that the body might belong her sister, who had a black suitcase and was last in contact on Wednesday night.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-woman-body-found-suitcase-hotel-20160407-story.html

So....how did the suitcase get out of the bin and onto the sidewalk. It's my understanding the man who called police found the suitcase on the sidewalk. I'll go back to review that video. Maybe he did take it out of the bin?

Quoting myself....

In the video about the discovery, the REPORTER says the suitcase was next to the bin, not the man who found it. Maybe it was indeed next to the bin or maybe the reporter misspoke. I'd like to hear the finder's full story without edits.

BBM I think a homeless person could have been the first to find it and freaked/left. Our trash is *thoroughly* picked through daily.

I drove by again, I saw ZERO obvious cameras nearby. Nothing on the Chadwick itself, and nothing on the buildings immediately surrounding the scene. If there are cameras, they are well concealed.

BBM I think a homeless person could have been the first to find it and freaked/left. Our trash is *thoroughly* picked through daily.

That could very well be.

The report above says the person who wheeled the bin from the curbside to the parking lot noticed it was heavier than expected. So, the person who dumped the suitcase could've been someone driving around looking for a bin on the curb, rather than someone in a nearby building.

??

Is the suitcase a very large one? I have a standard size (soft) suitcase that barely fits thru the TSA carry-on requirements, but holds a lot. I tried to stuff my son it (he's 5' and about 100 lbs) and couldn't fit him. Not even close.

You answered my question before I even asked it. Man, you're good. :)

I've had to study the neighborhood system here and even after being here several years, it's hard! The Chadwick actually sits on the cusp of two other neighborhoods. One or two blocks west puts you in Gaslamp, one block north puts you at Cortez Hill. Don't be surprised if media uses these names in reports interchangeably. Fun, huh?

IMO, a small person, even over 100 lbs., could be folded and contorted to fit into that particular suitcase easily. It was a fabric suitcase, deep, but it looked kind of lumpy on the outside. Disappointed to hear there may be no cameras. Waiting for promised important news from local Channel 8 CBS news.

OT -- I used to connect suitcases with exciting vacations and travel. This is my second suitcase case I followed, but actually there's been many more I read about over the years.
I don't feel the same about luggage and suitcases anymore. New motto -- Never open strange suitcases.

Another body in a suitcase, but the killers in this case turned out to be the woman's daughter and bf.
Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack's body found in suitcase - #1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-found-in-suitcase-Daughter-boyfriend-charged

IMO, a small person, even over 100 lbs., could be folded and contorted to fit into that particular suitcase easily. It was a fabric suitcase, deep, but it looked kind of lumpy on the outside. Disappointed to hear there may be no cameras. Waiting for promised important news from local Channel 8 CBS news.

OT -- I used to connect suitcases with exciting vacations and travel. This is my second suitcase case I followed, but actually there's been many more I read about over the years.
I don't feel the same about luggage and suitcases anymore. New motto -- Never open strange suitcases.

Another body in a suitcase, but the killers in this case turned out to be the woman's daughter and bf.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-found-in-suitcase-Daughter-boyfriend-charged

The black suitcases around here are well known, many many homeless people transport their stuff in them. I wouldn't be surprised if the suitcases were issued to them by the nearby shelters. There's a large Salvation Army 6 blocks from the crime scene.

The killer was in a hurry and didn't care enough, but maybe the killer made some crucial mistakes.
Want to know if the suitcase was wheeled to that location or driven there. Seems an odd, too visual a
place to choose if driving a car.

He could see some black hair sticking out through the suitcase zipper, and did not look any closer, Valentin said.

Although some media outlets reported the woman was dismembered, said Manuel Del Toro, acting lieutenant for the San Diego Police Department's homicide unit, the woman's body was fully intact. The cause of death remain unknown, he said.

BBM - Whenever I see someone rolling a suitcase down the street, my curious mind starts wondering what is inside!

I hate to think of all the things we drive past everyday without ever knowing something nefarious occurred.

Glad to hear the sister of the couple was ruled out but now I'm wondering what happened to her. [emoji848]

Thought: A St leads directly to the on ramp of 163 North, it's only a few blocks from 7th and A. If the perp was in a car, that would be the fastest way to scram, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back