CA CA - Shawn Hale, 19, Apple Valley, 4 Nov 1994

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charley Project link is still working

Update on why the links to Shawn are not working- I had contacted both the Mexican consulate and the detective working the case in October of last year. Neither had followed up on the man in Mexico. I begged them to go give him a soda, watch him take a couple drinks then give him a new soda. Take the old and get his dna. It was never done. In JAN 2017 I received a call from the detective in apple valley telling me Micah had been arrested in Santa Ana. I found the call strange but I did not return the call. When I had heard the Man in Mexico was killed by a hit and run I emailed both men. Letting them know the man was killed. Frustrated and angry -My message was "now you can get his DNA and let me know if it was Shawn.
They both replied the same answer in separate emails "I NO LONGER WORK THIS CASE." When I called the detective, he left me a message saying they took Shawn off the missing list because he was arrested in Santa Ana in Jan. (the message saying micah was in jail) When I asked for details of his arrest he had nothing.... I called santa ana, orange county all the jails in that area-no one had a Shawn Hale arrested. I have contacted the DOJ the Namus people etc, they say because the Apple Valley police department pulled the case...there is nothing they can do. My guess is the man in Mexico was Shawn and to remove themselves from liability both the Mexican consulate and the detective claim they were removed from Shawns Case around the same time. With no information as to who took over the case.

Please if anyone has any ideas-share them with me. I am lost, frustrated and VERY ANGRY. To date-I have not been able to find out if the man in Mexico was Shawn.

Thank you for updating! I'm so sorry you and Micah have been going through this. I understand your frustration and all the other horrible feelings that come with this difficult situation.

I have no idea but...Is it possible to find out what happend to the homeless man's body? Is there a way to still get a DNA sample?
I had to think of MP Gordon Bethel Lopez' sister having an UID (Flagpole Doe) in Alaska exhumed for a DNA comparison.

http://www.anchoragepress.com/news/doe-on-arrival/article_77a9c5da-65ac-5df9-9a72-f9e26aaf33f4.html

Please if anyone has any ideas-share them with me. I am lost, frustrated and VERY ANGRY. To date-I have not been able to find out if the man in Mexico was Shawn.
Being as the man is now across state boarders and passed away is there anyway the FBI can get involved? I mean this is an American that died in Mexico who is unknown. Has anyone contacted the FBI? Even if he is not Shawn he could be one of the many other missing people in the country.

Just read this thread. I’m so upset that more wasn’t done by the police and investigators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping for Shawn. I tried to find out more on any arresting of him. I do not see any either. I am very concerned that NamUS just removes cases without any proof from the investigators proving that said missing person or unidentified person has been Found or Identified. Maybe we can get A news paper site to pick up a story about how he was removed and the family has not even been informed as to why they are removed.

I came across this website from a random Facebook posting and the name Shawn Hale struck my memory. Today while reading the news from my local page, I came across an article of a man who looks very similar and has the same name, Shawn Hale.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-29-23-50-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-29-23-50-49.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2017-12-29-23-48-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-29-23-48-28.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 138
Bumping for Shawn. I tried to find out more on any arresting of him. I do not see any either. I am very concerned that NamUS just removes cases without any proof from the investigators proving that said missing person or unidentified person has been Found or Identified. Maybe we can get A news paper site to pick up a story about how he was removed and the family has not even been informed as to why they are removed.

I believe he has been arrested where I live in Florida for beating and raping a woman in our community. He has the same name, Shawn Hale. The mugshot photo looks nearly identical even after years of aging and he even has a thin nose that is slightly turned like the missing Shawn Hale.

I believe he has been arrested where I live in Florida for beating and raping a woman in our community. He has the same name, Shawn Hale. The mugshot photo looks nearly identical even after years of aging and he even has a thin nose that is slightly turned like the missing Shawn Hale.

I made a side by side for you:

14f74f25a076fc58668fc8690ca27117.jpg

I made a side by side for you:

Well now i am not so sure. Here is another mugshot of him from a previous charge. He's been convicted of rape quite a few times so I can't imagine if this was the missing Shawn Hale from CA that he would of gone this long without authorities finding out how he was. Quite possible a lookalike with the same name I guess.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-30-01-51-03-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-30-01-51-03-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 126
  • 14f74f25a076fc58668fc8690ca27117.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 120
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yo7rLXkmEBeo-DaF8h2KhEn4UtUe_cix/view?usp=drivesdk

I had to go back and find the article to take a screenshot of his photo. Now granted he has aged through the years, the gentleman's nose, eyes, and face shape look nearly identical to the missing Shawn Hale IMO. I think this is him!

This is not the right Shawn. They have his info and has been arrested since 1995. If this was This Shawn he wouldnt have been missing so long. This guy is born in 1969 Not 1973

Yeah you're right, age doesnt match! But the name Shawn Hale will never leave my memory now and hopefully one day he will be found and his family can finally have closure on where he went or what happened to him.

Good Morning wonderful people! Happy New Year to each of you! When I heard the "homeless in Mexico" man had been killed (I believe he was Shawn) I contacted the American Embassy and the lead detective in Apple Valley, very angry. When I asked them if they had followed through with their investigation-the answer was no. I let them know the man I believed to be Shawn had died so maybe now is will be easier for them to verify if it was Shawn. A 10 days later they left a message on my phone saying Shawn had been arrested in Orange County CA (after 20 years of completely being off the radar) so they were removing him from the database. They could not provide ANY DETAILS OF HIS ARREST, or when he was released etc. I have contacted all jails in San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego and Riverside Counties. None had a Shawn Hale, arrested! Oh btw.....the detective and my contact at the embassy in Mexico informed me, they are not on this case anymore it has been closed!
I will show Micah the picture presented today, just in case. From my heart-I thank each and every one of you...for your KIND HEARTS and devotion, to families like ours. God Bless You!

No validation of their claim he was arrested only 50 miles away after all these years. All law enforcement confirmed many times, his ss# hasn't been used since the dmv photo posted on this site. When I asked how could they have not held him...they responded...perhaps he has never wanted to be found. He is a grown man. He has that right. My tears have turned to anger. I believe they know the man in Mexico is Shawn....they will admit it. Or give our family closure. I would have already been to Mexico, but I am not immediate family. I have to wait until his blood is willing to spend the time to verify it.

I saw that the guy in the homeless American in mexico video has not passed away. I only heard that he did by someone on facebook who was looking at this same video for another missing case. So Maybe they were mistaken. This post from that thread shows they do not think it was Shawn and that man is not dead. Any thoughts? https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...omeless-in-Nuevo-Leon&p=13986015#post13986015

I'm really confused it was said the man in Mexico was killed (hit by a car) is he alive or not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back