Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all seems a bit personal. Cutting off her hair, branding her. Why let her go, why let her live?

Maybe they started to feel bad due to various things that came out, the kids missing their mom, the holidays approaching. Maybe they felt the ransom would make the heat too high. Maybe they had no way of keeping her hidden as Thanksgiving approached. or felt the risk was too great as family would be in town or something. Maybe they were paid a ransom.

It's a form of control and humiliation / degradation. Imette St. Guillen's murder comes to mind. Now that was an absolutely exceptionally beautiful woman IMO, and her hair was cut to humiliate her. Serial killers do this often.

Yup. As do just random creeps who kidnap women and children in order to keep them as their personal play thing.

I still don't quite know where to go with this and I'm still kinda waiting for something definitive that leads me on a direct path.

My big question is motive. I think if I could understand a motive I could work my way through it all.

Why was she kidnapped?
Why did they let her go?
Why aren't we moving heaven and earth to find these women who kidnapped SP?

It's such a bizarre case that it might just be what it is and nothing more. Who really knows.

MOO

Motive was likely sexual assault purposes, IMO. That's why most women are taken.

You would think that there would be a huge manhunt underway. This woman was kidnapped and tortured for weeks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe there is a huge manhunt. But an electronic one. It's rare we see roadblocks and police patrols and stuff like that anymore. Quietly searching surveillance, phone records, etc., seems to be how it;s done these days.

Hi, first post on this abduction.
Anyone think that Sherri had a stalker, someone completely obsessed with making her theirs?
Not sure how the 2 women kidnappers fit into this though (jealously obsession) but the branding and hair chopping could be signs. Seems a long time for hair to grow back, if your long hair is something you're known for and love.
I had a strange, obsessive ex once, who paid for me to have a tattoo at the beginning, took me ages to get rid of him after he turned out to be a nutter, he always said though, that I'd never forget him as he had 'branded' me with that tattoo. I know this is nothing like Sherri went through but it made me think.

Also, why didn't the sheriff know that she had been "thrown from the vehicle" re KP statement, only that she had been dropped off/released?
This is from the sheriff talking today.

The medical staff (usually nursing) at the hospital would have done a head to toe assessment of SP that includes photographs, measurements and a written description of all of her injuries. Most times LE is privy to this information for investigative reasons. (RN here)

So correct me if I am wrong but as an RN aren't you a mandatory reporter meaning when you witness injuries stemming from an assault you have to document them and turn them over to the proper authority? Meaning regardless of the victims wishes those records are available to LE?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usband-says-malicious-prank-isn-t-racist.html

This is referring to the post supposedly made by Sherri back when she was a high school kid on the skinhead site. It wasn't her that posted it, but a classmate.

This is probably old news, but I came across it just now, so it gets posted again.

As far as her husbands latest revelations.......I'm not surprised he did what he did. The accusations and finger-pointing has gotten completely out of hand. What I can't understand, is why the sheriff himself didn't release her physical condition in order to show people her story had validity.

It's not necessary to let loose with every little detail.....but what the husband did was provide proof to a skeptical public that her story was legitimate.........something the sheriff and LE should have done way back on Nov. 24.

All of this silence and secrecy by the supposed people in charge is getting pretty damn old.

Thank you! I completely agree. Glad you're back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is quite cold here in Arizona right now - below normal, barely 60 - and so sitting on my hands keeps them really warm. I highly recommend it.
Lol...might be my favorite post here since November 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I still don't quite know where to go with this and I'm still kinda waiting for something definitive that leads me on a direct path.

My big question is motive. I think if I could understand a motive I could work my way through it all.

Why was she kidnapped?
Why did they let her go?
Why aren't we moving heaven and earth to find these women who kidnapped SP?

It's such a bizarre case that it might just be what it is and nothing more. Who really knows.

MOO

Understandable questions! We have to remember that SP was found just FIVE DAYS ago...that's not very long for all the details to come into focus and questions answered. It takes time.

As has been mentioned, LE is likely not disclosing important details since this is an active investigation. It doesn't mean they're not aggressively pursuing the perpetrators.

You would think that there would be a huge manhunt underway. This woman was kidnapped and tortured for weeks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You can't have a manhunt without knowing who you're looking for. LE stressed that they received very limited information, and up until at least yesterday it seems the only information they had received was that it was two latino women in a dark colored SUV. Hardly enough to start a manhunt. Hopefully Sherri was able to shed more light on the abductors in the interviews today and yesterday.

In that video posted earlier today, the sheriff mentioned that he believes he would have more details today? Did I understand that correctly, or just wishful thinking?

It sounds to me as if she had one of those chain belts on like they make prisoners wear to court sometimes. it wraps around the waist like a belt and your hands are cuffed to the chain. With a bag over your head, it would be extremely difficult to get the bag off AND try to wave it with a hand that was chained to your waist.

When the call came through that she was "chained to something", it may have simply been a reference to her own waist that she was chained too.

View attachment 105269

The above picture reflects what I am talking about. Who would have access to something like that ? LE, prison guards, and prison transport personnel.

Try waving your head bag at passing cars with that get up at 4 a.m. in the morning..

Well THAT could be a reason why LE didn't release the way she was chained. Hmm.... very interesting. I don't even want to go there right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't have a manhunt without knowing who you're looking for. LE stressed that they received very limited information, and up until at least yesterday it seems the only information they had received was that it was two latino women in a black SUV. Hardly enough to start a manhunt. Hopefully Sherri was able to shed more light on the abductors in the interviews today and yesterday.

Just for the record kfed, it was stated as a "dark" SUV, not black.

It sounds to me as if she had one of those chain belts on like they make prisoners wear to court sometimes. it wraps around the waist like a belt and your hands are cuffed to the chain. With a bag over your head, it would be extremely difficult to get the bag off AND try to wave it with a hand that was chained to your waist.

When the call came through that she was "chained to something", it may have simply been a reference to her own waist that she was chained too.

View attachment 105269

The above picture reflects what I am talking about. Who would have access to something like that ? LE, prison guards, and prison transport personnel.

Try waving your head bag at passing cars with that get up at 4 a.m. in the morning..
Not sure why I'm even still posting because it doesn't appear that many posts are actually being read by others, but here goes.

Without going back to listen. IIRC, the CHP officer said Sherri had a 1/4 inch chain on her and hose clamps on her wrists. Hose clamps wasn't easy to understand. A different LE later states on the audio that she is chained to something. My guess is that he also didn't clearly hear hose clamps or wasn't sure that's was an accurate description. It's a pretty odd thing to use.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

In that video posted earlier today, the sheriff mentioned that he believes he would have more details today? Did I understand that correctly, or just wishful thinking?

I think he said something along he lines of more details will become available as early as Tuesday - maybe because he knew Keith was going to release details of her injuries

So correct me if I am wrong but as an RN aren't you a mandatory reporter meaning when you witness injuries stemming from an assault you have to document them and turn them over to the proper authority? Meaning regardless of the victims wishes those records are available to LE?

We can only do what the patient allows. When an assault is suspected, we notify several entities. Our in house social workers, LE and if applicable, DCFS. Unfortunately, some patients will leave AMA (against medical advice) when they think LE has been notified. In the end, we can't strap someone down and force them to be photographed and have injuries measured. We try hard to reason with them to stay though. :)

I'm thinking the branding isn't necessarily like an ownership brand (like what would be found on cattle) or a tattoo, but just a hot metal object pushed against the skin. Used just to cause permanent scarring and terrible pain.

I'm thinking the branding isn't necessarily like an ownership brand (like what would be found on cattle) or a tattoo, but just a hot metal object pushed against the skin. Used just to cause permanent scarring and terrible pain.

That is what I was thinking too since KP said something like he could feel it raised up (paraphrasing)

People think (in any criminal case) that it is harmless to speculate that the husband did it, or that she faked it. It's not. The Internet makes the world a very small place. When people do this, they are adding pain to the lives of people who are already living a nightmare.
Well said, and this is so true! It's true crime as entertainment and speculation is the currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares