Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on descriptions we heard in the news it sounded to me like it had to be some sort of burned on branding.

Was thinking a bit ago if maybe the perps put a shock collar on her and maybe they kept zapping her if she tried to get away which could have caused burn wounds I think. I dont know if that makes any sense since when she was released they did have chains of some sort so no real need of a shock collar or anything since they had chains.

Excellent point. Perhaps it was more likely what I'll call incidental branding through the repeated use of an electronic device, as laptops have been known to cause,

Has there ever been a documented case where abductions for trafficking have ended with the girl being released, no questions asked? I just can't wrap my head around it being about trafficking with the way that it ended. Curious if it's ever happened like this before.

I've never seen a case like that. Typically it takes either LE intervention or an extremely brave woman to cut out and run when they are put into sex trafficking. Typically women in this scenario are lured in when they are in a bad point in their life (addict, runaway, street kid, etc), they are usually lied to that they are part of a "family" now (trust gaining) and then are usually force fed drugs until they are too F'ed up to know what is going on, and so into that world they go. From cases I've read they usually only get out alive if LE can intervene somehow or if they are somehow able to escape on their own, which they risk potentially certain death for running.

Because she was released on thanksgiving day by her captors and the other factors involved (her age, family status, life status etc) I don't think sex trafficking was any part of this. It almost seems like this... They released her, the family ran from their home and went into hiding.. Maybe releasing her was a "warning" saying, we aren't done yet? We are coming back for more and this is just the beginning? Could explain why they went into hiding. JMO JMO. Total speculation on my part but thats how I'm seeing it so far.

I think it was meant for her, and for that reason I hope she never has to share what it says.

Possibly. That may be why LE isn't saying what the message is.

IMO, it was intended for someone else.

I believe it's possible the message could be the key to solving the case. I certainly hope LE is on it.

Some of our neighbors have surveillance cameras on their homes. This is how we saw someone steal out Star Shower Christmas lights last year!

"Oh, honey, the star shower is beautiful! Was this from the Smiths' yard?"

"What? The Smiths?? Please. Have you seen their toilet seat flower pot? Give me some credit. I stole this from the Millers."

"Ah, good, good. *Sigh* This is what Christmas is all about."

Sherri doesn't seem to have used Facebook, but she does have a Google Plus account. I don't know much about Google Plus (I have it but can't understand it), and it looks like only one post of hers is public. She might not know much about it either because it looks like she meant to post a job opening to someone specific, but posted it publicly. If you click on "view activity" you can see who has liked her post. https://plus.google.com/117418117041950210732

I've been wanting to post that also. Interesting set of people that liked it, from 30 weeks ago.... so April/May... hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will trade my taser for your beagle and will add my poodle as a bonus! Lol.

LOL she is a scrappy little girl. She has a notch bit out of one of her ears from fighting the goose. I think this dog would fight anything given the chance, she has a hard time with other dogs too, getting her as a rescue I wish I knew what she went thru to make her so scrappy. But she loves belly rubs and attention from humans, we have a joke in our home that if someone ever broke in they would just have to rub her belly to be able to take off with the TV and all the goods, lol. I'm not sure how she would react if anyone ever tried to abduct me, but I hope she would bite their faces off! Hope... lol. That's why the taser... lol

I agree. But maybe the Hispanic females don't exist in this case. Could be that LE tossed that bone out to satisfy the media and public outcry. Maybe they are focused elsewhere.

But ... I don't think sex traffickers would have released her alive. In fact, I can't think of many perps at all who abuse someone so violently, only to let them go.

This is my biggest hang up. While I'm very glad she was released alive, it's very unheard.

So not one person noticed a suv in the small town of Yolo at 4am or so on Thanksgiving.

Maybe they didn't want to kill Sherri because they aren't the murderous type. JMO

Can't imagine anyone that would abduct a woman and beat and torture her they way that was described, as well as branding her, wouldn't be capable of murder.

It's strange that not only was she not seen jogging on any footage the day she went missing, but when she was shown footage of vehicles in her neighborhood that day, she said that none were THE vehicle.

Being familiar with that area, I'm almost certain that any footage of the vehicle or SP would be near either entrance to I-5. P's house is off the beaten path by a good amount, and most of the houses in the area are well off their respective roads, so even if each house has some kind of security camera system set up, it's probably only effective near their house.

There's only a couple ways out of the area that avoids any kind of business that may have cameras set up. To me, you would have to be very familiar with the area to avoid any main roads.

The quickest path to I-5 is literally a right turn out of their road, maybe 2 minutes.

I can't take my Beagle mix with me jogging b/c she literally wants to stop and smell every flower and blade of grass, and she freaks out at every single dog she sees so i'd be stopping every two mins in my neighborhood (got her as a rescue). And her little short legs don't hold up too well when running, she gives up after like 10 mins, lol. She saw a coyote once and wanted to fight it, she DID fight a goose at one point, so yeah i'd leave her at home. I bring a taser instead when im by myself :)

On a side note from that, I've been following these threads and still can't wrap my mind around what the hell is going on with this whole thing. I sincerely hope that LE releases some kind of update soon that can put all of this insanity into perspective. This may be the craziest case I've ever followed here. I feel for SP and what she went through, can you imagine how heavy that must have been every day, day in and day out you dont know if you're going to see your husband or kids or family or friends again and you are being beat and tortured emotionally and physically. I can't even.... There's a lot of speculation but, victims first. That is a huge mind F that she has been through, I cant even imagine the PTSD she has now.

As far as my speculations on who done it... It sounds more personal than anything. She isnt an addict or runaway or street kid so the likelihood of sex trafficking is super low to me. But I just have this hunch... that it's so personal. Whether they know the people or not it feels deeply personal to me, especially going into hiding now, its like they know they are some sort of target for something. Someday we will know what it's all about... Until then...

I will trade my taser for your beagle and will add my poodle as a bonus!

Sure, while everyone else sat and did nothing, these two stood-up, and did something. Something is always better then nothing. I really think putting a great deal of presure on the abductors, is what was needed to get SP released without harm.

CG did a great job doing that by making the bounty on these perps so enticing, that someone would have turned in their own mother.

Who'd CG put a bounty on? How much was the bounty? SP wasn't harmed?

I've been wanting to post that also. Interesting set of people that liked it, from 30 weeks ago.... so April/May... hmmm.

So they were friends with the Gambles for several years, it would seem. Or at least acquaintances. I'm getting more and more suspicious of Cameron Gamble.

Y'all pray for gitana1 and her family. Her sister in law was in that Oakland fire and is still missing (as of this morning)

I am so sorry to hear this.... praying.

Just tuned in to HLN to see Bill Garcia, PI, interview. He thinks she was taken for trafficking (they may have thought she was younger). Says there are "people out there, in the world, who do nothing but look for potential victims." They could get $1500-$2500 cash, on the spot. Media coverage made her a liability and they had to deal with it. Not the norm in a trafficking case, but believes beatings came as a result of them not being able to utilize her. No link yet, but I did back it up several times.

Oh. He must have read my theory I posted upthread...LOL

Can't imagine anyone that would abduct a woman and beat and torture her they way that was described, as well as branding her, wouldn't be capable of murder.

I can. I think that it's possible because that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966