Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The make hay with their headlines but their crime reporting, while salacious, has not proved all that inaccurate the past few years. Jmo

Dailymail.com.uk is the North American version of the National Enquirer. I don't go near those "news" sources.

JMO

Lake 16 were the two women suspects the only people Sherri came in contact with during her capture, or during her time in captivity? Thanks!

Can I ask a question respectfully?
if everyone believes this case as it is told...why so many pages?
We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Why are we unable to wait for the pieces to fall together ?
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

As a local resident and parent I am concerned about ST and many other possible explanations for this. Are people grabbing women right off the street? If yes, that is a public concern and is fair to be discussed. Respectfully and IMO

Lake 16 Sherri obviously didn't eat very much while she was being held. Do you know what she did eat and how often she was fed?

I can only presume the CA Department of Justice is involved as the Sheriff stated they were conducting laboratory tests. He also stated the FBI and Redding Police Department was involved but I do not know if that is still the case.

I cant really answer the second part of your question. But if I could I think you would find Sherri very courageous.

I think many (if not most) of us already think Sherri must be extremely courageous to have survived those 3 weeks.

Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation I could not answer that question if I knew. I don't. There were certain questions I did not ask.
Lake 16 were the two women suspects the only people Sherri came in contact with during her capture, or during her time in captivity? Thanks!

We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

I don't get your post. You act like this is a cold case or something. SP was abducted barely over a month ago. She reappeared less than two weeks ago. KP gave his first interview last Friday. An investigative article on CG came out day before yesterday.

I think everything is still very fresh, and we've got tons to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say much about the frequency or what she was fed. Obviously it was either nearly inedible, or served infrequently, or both to have lost 13 pounds in a little over 3 weeks.
Lake 16 Sherri obviously didn't eat very much while she was being held. Do you know what she did eat and how often she was fed?

Hello everyone, I just have a few minutes right now but wanted to jump in and clear up a couple possible misconceptions.

1. Sherri being classified as "voluntarily missing" was the result of a database entry made by a California Department of Justice employee. The SCSO immediately publicly objected to that and the classification was corrected in short order.

2. There seems to be some confusion about the reward money that was being offered, and probably rightfully so as it was really never reported accurately. There was actually 4 sources of funding.
a. $50,000 in cash that was put up by SP's family member(s) for information leading to her safe return within a few days of her abduction.
b. the reverse ransom funds put up by the anonymous donor which was stated as $50,000 by CG at first, then he made a statement making it an unknown amount as he was not putting a price on human life, and finally that money became a reward in the amount of $100,000 to whomever could provide information leading to Sherri's freedom.
c. a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever was responsible for the abduction of Sherri Papini by the Shasta County Secret Witness Program.
d. money raised in the account which was set up to handle whatever was needed by KP, which hit a little over $48k as I recall. Those funds were used to pay private investigators and some of the advertising costs I believe and I have no idea what balance is remaining or how the funds will be used; if it was me I would imagine moving costs may come into play as well as security systems.

3. Bill Garcia was not hired per se by the Papini family; my understanding is, like many other generous people, he volunteered his services. From what I've read he does seem to have some experience working kidnapping and sex trafficking cases south of the border which is fairly rampant. He has pursued several leads and continues to do so last I heard.

4. According to eveything I know, everything KP has stated publicly and everything stated by LE, Sherri's abduction occurred near Old Oregon Trail Drive, not her home as some keep theorizing.

I'll try to answer a few more questions before I head out.

HI Lake. Your list is really helpful. Here is my last question of the night: In his 11/22 YouTube video, CG tells the perpetrators that his new offer combines "the entire ransom money" with "the $50,000 reward money." Do you know if he means that he is combining all of the anonymous donors funds (which all would fall under your 2.b.), or if he is saying that he is combining the donor's funds with the initial $50,000 from the family (your 2.a. plus your 2.b.)? Thanks.

That's all I have time for right now, but I will be back. Once again I apologize for not being able to answer some of your questions or to go as in depth as I would like on others.

My initial impression was that he was combining the anonymous donors funds with the family's $50k. But I'm not so sure now as I've heard conflicting reports, perhaps the anonymous donor was willing to put up 100k. I really don't know positively.
HI Lake. Your list is really helpful. Here is my last question of the night: In his 11/22 YouTube video, CG tells the perpetrators that his new offer combines "the entire ransom money" with "the $50,000 reward money." Do you know if he means that he is combining all of the anonymous donors funds (which all would fall under your 2.b.), or if he is saying that he is combining the donor's funds with the initial $50,000 from the family (your 2.a. plus your 2.b.)? Thanks.

I agree and think she has shown incredible strength to have survived the 22 days she was held. With the support of her family and friends, and the love she has for those 2 precious little ones, she will get through this in time. IMO, she will not allow these 22 days to take her spirit and joy. I'm in no way minimizing the horror she's experienced, her ability to have survived it is testament to the strength that will get her though recovery. JMO.

I think many (if not most) of us already think Sherri must be extremely courageous to have survived those 3 weeks.

Oh Lake, you are so wonderful and generous sharing so much with us. I know Sherri and Keith treasure you for all you're doing.

Did anyone else think it was very invasive of ABC (during the 20/20 program on 12/2 )to show the outside of the Papini's home in Mountain Gate? That made me feel like there was nothing left to hide from anyone.

I'm not sure.

I do not believe ABC would have aired that footage without consent of KP.

I remember after the Casey Anthony debacle, several major networks pledged to stop paying for interviews. But, I read recently that a lot of the networks continue to pay for exclusive photos and video footage as an alternate form of compensation.

It's possible that with all the expected expenses required for recuperation, relocation, and counseling... KP agreed to such an arrangement (especially if he'd already planned for the family not to return to his family home)?

I can't simply answer this question without getting in trouble. JMO

It's possible that with all the expected expenses required for recuperation, relocation, and counseling... KP agreed to such an arrangement (especially if he'd already planned for the family not to return to his family home)?

California Victim Compensation should cover medical bills, relocation costs, counselling, plastic surgery if needed, etc etc.

For Lake when you get back: how long was Sherri in the hospital for when she was first brought in?

I'm not sure.

I do not believe ABC would have aired that footage without consent of KP.

I remember after the Casey Anthony debacle, several major networks pledged to stop paying for interviews. But, I read recently that a lot of the networks continue to pay for exclusive photos and video footage as an alternate form of compensation.

Yes, KP was doing the interview with 20/20 in the yard so he definitely knew they were there, there is no way KP has any intention of returning there as the whole world knows where his house is. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo