Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up and I hadn't seen this:(:(:(

Gutman is one of the few people who have seen photos of Sherri in the wake of her release.

“I wouldn’t say she is disfigured but she was battered almost to the point of unrecognizable,” he said.

http://ietv.co/2gKbchU

Gutman is one of the few people who have seen photos of Sherri in the wake of her release.

“I wouldn’t say she is disfigured but she was battered almost to the point of unrecognizable,” he said.

THANK YOU! I knew I saw that somewhere and I couldn't find it anywhere!

I think it would be too great a coincidence if the cases of Tera Smith and that of Sherry WERE linked, not only due to the almost two decades in between but it appears that there has always been an unoffical likely suspect in TS's case. Jmo

Did you know that Best Buy in Redding is right across the road from Project Taken's offices? (both are on Hilltop Drive).

How weird is that coincidence?

What does that have to do with Sherri being abducted, beaten, branded etc?

Regarding SP's hair. It's been stated that "long" is subjective. I agree. If the woman driving by thought SP's hair was long, it could be because 1) it met her definition of long, 2) all other details fit - frantic woman on the side of the road, right height, right hair color - so perhaps her brain filled in the blanks with info she believed to be true, based on the missing person posters or media coverage, or 3) perhaps SP's hair was haphazardly chopped so at least part of it actually was long. Maybe by the time VI Lake saw SP, her hair had been cut to an even length above the shoulders. Just a theory to explain the apparent discrepancy (which may not actually be one).

Couple things:

1. KP says he could feel the rise of the scabs under his fingers. That would seem to imply the branding is likely on her back/shoulders area

2. He says her hair was chopped off when he first saw her. Is it possible it was cut at the hospital. Maybe her hair was burnt?

3. Anybody see a source that said SP knew Tera Smith? As in, didn't just go to school with her, but knew her. Anybody see it mentioned that SP's sister and Tera Smith auditioned for the same role in a play in the 5th grade? I read it. But can no longer find the source.

Just my thoughts:
1) a feeling raised scabs can occur anywhere - not just back/shoulders. Arms, neck, legs, hands...

2) the hospital staff would be unlikely to cut her hair. No medical reason to do so, even if her hair had been burnt. If she required stitches on her scalp (nothing indicates this is the case), they might shave a small portion.

3) someone posted a link about SP's acquaintance with Tera's family. I'll edit to include the post #.

Edited to add: post 516 of this thread

I stopped watching after the first two seconds, as soon as he said this is the region SP was kidnapped, while showing the California coast line. That guy needs to have a serious geography lesson.

I'm reposting this because it's an inconsistency, and we sure don't like those.

Ibiz posted the following last night on the last thread (post #1013):

" Where was she dropped off at? KP said she first ran to a house, and then a junk yard before going to the freeway?"

LE said early on that she ran to a church, then flagged down someone on the roadway. KP said on the 20/20 interview that SP ran to an uninviting house, then a building, then the roadway. Now there's a junkyard thrown in?

How is anyone supposed to make sense of this?

That would defeat the purpose of why they were going to the shelter or bus station, wouldn't it?

Of course it would. But criminals are not always the sharpest tools in the shed.

Did you know that Best Buy in Redding is right across the road from Project Taken's offices? (both are on Hilltop Drive).

How weird is that coincidence?

If A. James Kolar were here, he might be prompt to say that in criminal investigations, there are no coincidences. They are clues.

Or similar words to that effect.

" Where was she dropped off at? KP said she first ran to a house, and then a junk yard before going to the freeway?"

LE said early on that she ran to a church, then flagged down someone on the roadway. KP said on the 20/20 interview that SP ran to an uninviting house, then a building, then the roadway. Now there's a junkyard thrown in?

Also, she was chased away from the junkyard by a dog.

If A. James Kolar were here, he might be prompt to say that in criminal investigations, there are no coincidences. They are clues.

Or similar words to that effect.

;)

I love coincidences. I find them fascinating. I mean, how cool is it that a hostage negotiator with a 100% success rate was living right there in the same town as SP.

I doubt I'd ever get so lucky; I'd have to stick with the ineffectual LE in my town.

I think the 'uninviting' house might have been the one that was also a junkyard. There was a picture way back upthread, from the lil google man, that showed a small house with a bunch of old broken down cars and some junk scattered around the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo