Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not huge, but I'm not sure I'd call either small counties. Shasta has about 180k people, and Yolo has about 200k. Plus I'm sure they can call on the assistance of the CBI and FBI if they feel they need it.

Evidence found at the site where SP was found has been sent to the CBI lab for testing. This was from the last presser the Sheriff gave, so they are involved in that respect.

To my knowledge it is a branding and some other burns. Not brandings. I find it interesting that the Sheriff considered KP revealing the branding as "compromising the investigation" but in the same breath expands on the branding revealing it is not a symbol, but a message.

It was pretty clear that the Sheriff didn't want that detail released for investigatory reasons.

But, once it was released, he might have good investigatory reason to note that the branding wasn't a symbol.

I don't know why KP felt he needed to divulge the branding against LE wishes, nor the reason the sheriff offered the 'some kind of message' detail.

But, I'm glad to see that both parties appear to be on the same page about not discussing it further, in public, at this point.

A theory:

She was targeted as some kind of revenge or to send a message to her or a family member/friend. The abductors are in the ST biz, and may have been hired by the person or group that wanted the revenge/message delivered. Therefore, they used typical ST techniques, but covered their faces because they would ultimately let her go. This could also explain why we sometimes get the feeling that KP knew instantly she was taken and would be returned - an earlier threat or something. Seems like we've heard about a lot of crime in this area - might be easy to cross the wrong person, OR hire a "wrong person" who knows bad people for hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A theory:

She was targeted as some kind of revenge or to send a message to her or a family member/friend. The abductors are in the ST biz, and may have been hired by the person or group that wanted the revenge/message delivered. Therefore, they used typical ST techniques, but covered their faces because they would ultimately let her go. This could also explain why we sometimes get the feeling that KP knew instantly she was taken and would be returned - an earlier threat or something. Seems like we've heard about a lot of crime in this area - might be easy to cross the wrong person, OR hire a "wrong person" who knows bad people for hire.

Based upon my knowledge of the abduction/confinement I have no reason to believe the abduction was a message to any family member or friend for some perceived wrong.

So glad to hear she was found and reunited with her family! Always good to hear a happy ending in this type of situation, most of the time it's sad news, I just hate hearing that.

I can not believe a post had to be created to tell everyone accusing her of a hoax to stop. Mind your own business, negative people.

I heard that through voice recognition they think that two hispanic women kidnapped her. I was not expecting to hear that. Myself, probably like most assumed it was a man/men. I assumed so, because just like in recent missing jogger cases similar to this, and usually when this type of crime happens more so than not it is a sexual crime. Hearing two hispanic women did it, I was thinking it could have possibly been a robbery, but the problem with that theory is that nothing was taken. It is a more rare of an instance to hear of two women kidnapping a women and beating her up just to do so. Possibly she has someone who was unhappy with her and they hire these women? I hear she is a wonderful lady with seemingly no enemies, but people can be evil, so it is always a possibility. Another possibility I was thinking was maybe the voice recognition could be incorrect and maybe it was not two women, possibly a man and woman team? I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on their theories. I hope they can find whoever did this, what a horrible crime.

I am wondering if the branding could be a specific message to SP and has nothing to do with ST.

Maybe use this link instead - same story from allowed source http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-2016-expert-lucky-to-be-alive/

The story I heard from SP is basically the same as what you have heard from LE, except you have not heard the many details LE wants to keep confidential. I do not believe SP lied about the identity of the perpetrators. I also do no believe the expert has ever spoken to SP, or has access to LE files. His opinion seems to be without merit based upon that.

A theory:

Logically, it would seem that this was a personal grievance. But the problem is, if what you describe is true, then SP would know what the message was and who might be involved. But apparently, she doesn't. [ Unless of course she is holding back.]

We know that the investigators looked closely at everyone to see if there were any enemies, disputes, lawsuits, debts, criminal activities that could be connected. They supposedly found nothing. So ?

Based upon my knowledge of the abduction/confinement I have no reason to believe the abduction was a message to any family member or friend for some perceived wrong.

Thank you for responding! I know I will take my personal safety more seriously as a result of what happened to this poor lady. LE should be more adamant about staying safe IMO.

The story I heard from SP is basically the same as what you have heard from LE, except you have not heard the many details LE wants to keep confidential. I do not believe SP lied about the identity of the perpetrators. I also do no believe the expert has ever spoken to SP, or has access to LE files. His opinion seems to be without merit based upon that.

So if these women always protected their identity, it would seem to me that their intent was always to let SP go. Could it be that the perps specifically targeted her and wanted to teach her some kind of a lesson? Hence the branding "message."

The ongoing questions about "Tcash" are entertaining but enough is enough. It is a contraction of a family members name and has been in use among family and friends for years prior to the abduction. Please don't sleuth family members and try to guess which member, as that is against the TOS in my opinion. Tcash is not nefarious.

At this point, unless a few more pieces of facts are released, we will likely just go in circles. I am hoping either arrests are soon made or additional information is shared so maybe someone who has information they don't realize currently is helpful will come forward.

Logically, it would seem that this was a personal grievance. But the problem is, if what you describe is true, then SP would know what the message was and who might be involved. But apparently, she doesn't. [ Unless of course she is holding back.]

We know that the investigators looked closely at everyone to see if there were any enemies, disputes, lawsuits, debts, criminal activities that could be connected. They supposedly found nothing. So ?

My assumption is that LE (or SP) would not release that info before an arrest. But, if no personal grievance, super scary stuff going on out there in our world!

So if these women always protected their identity, it would seem to me that their intent was always to let SP go. Could it be that the perps specifically targeted her and wanted to teach her some kind of a lesson? Hence the branding "message."
Based upon my knowledge, no, she was not abducted out of revenge or to send a message to anyone.

At this point, unless a few more pieces of facts are released, we will likely just go in circles. I am hoping either arrests are soon made or additional information is shared so maybe someone who has information they don't realize currently is helpful will come forward.

Or perhaps as time goes by and SP continues to recuperate, SP may remember more details that may help solve the case. It could be even just a minor detail that she may recall could be the missing piece.

So it sounds more so like she was not abducted for any kind of revenge, to send a message, ransom or anything like that. So, maybe it is the scarier option, she was attacked just to be attacked, for reasons only known to the perpetrators. If that is the case, that is going to make it so much harder to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966