Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Keith passed the lie detector test. I hope LE will move on now and cast a wider net. There's still sooooo much we don't know. I would like to know if Keith actually tried to call Sherri or did he go right to attempting to locate her phone? Has that been established and I missed it? Seems to me there's a reason Sherri's family believes she was abducted. I wish we knew why. I wish we knew a lot more than we do!

Is this area one of those where marijuana is grown illegally?

The Find My Phone app also creates an alert sound in case u have lost your phone and are looking for it nearby. However, it will work even if your volume is down or phone is on silent. My daughter used this feature in an emergency in order to make my phone make a sound, since I was in a meeting and it was on silent. If I couldn't find someone, I wouldn't think twice about using the app in order to send the alert sound. It's rather loud.

I almost posted about this feature a day or so ago. I use it when my husband is at the grocery store and I suddenly think of something to add to the list. He usually keeps his phone in his cargo shorts lower pocket & never hears the message tone. But he does hear that alert tone - it is really loud!

I wonder if she intentionally dropped her cell with the earplugs with her hair attached.

[...] I would like to know if Keith actually tried to call Sherri or did he go right to attempting to locate her phone? Has that been established and I missed it? [...]

It has not been established and I would like to know too. However, I cannot figure out why so many seem to think he didn't. Is there an interview somewhere where he said all the things he did, and that step is missing? No, there is not. All we have are edited clips and media reports. He might have said it and they didn't show it, or he might not have seen it as that important. I think it's safe to assume that he did try calling her, until proven otherwise.

So, for whatever reason, LE is not satisfied that any of the sightings were valid. Evidentially there is no security cam in the area that picked up Sherri jogging or walking by. We do not know how many, if any, cams were trained on the roads in the area but any cam in operation that covers part of the road would establish that she did not pass the stretch of road between the intersection at either end. You do not have to rule out too many stretches of road before it becomes obvious she did not jog that day.

Per the following article: "She is considered missing and at risk. Police said Sherri does not have any known medical or mental health issues."

This article has already been posted, but you can read more at https://kobi5.com/news/deputies-hus...ia-woman-not-involved-in-disappearance-39845/

Yes, thank you...have already read the articles, that is why I ask...I am not really understanding "at risk"...even though they state there are no known medical or mental health issues

Taken out of the article-
“The results of the polygraph examination indicate he has no involvement with the disappearance of his wife,” Lt. Anthony Bertain told the Record Searchlight. “Sheriff’s Office Detectives have confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question and there is no physical evidence at this time suggesting he had any involvement.”

Bertain said detectives are still trying to determine if Papini’s disappearance is voluntary or involuntary, but family members said she would never abandon her two children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a problem. All of our cameras are facing towards our property and not out to the road. I don't know how others monitor though. I was surely thankful of the home that caught Ruben Ebron ditching his car before running back to his place to report it stolen in the Lonzie Barton case though. Helped to crack that case wide open.

Our neighbors across the street have surveillance cams and at least one of them is pointed to the street between us. Last year, someone stole one of our star shower Christmas lights and we could see that on the video.

I have also been a huge follower on the Steve Koecher case where a neighborhood surveillance camera picked him up but didn't show where he went. It may have done more harm than good but at least it placed him there at a specific time. He's been missing since 2009. :(

I understand there isn't enough evidence of a kidnapping but what worries me are those other missing person cases near the area that have never been solved. Can any locals give us some info on the sherrif's department there? What about previous persons of interest's in the past cases? Do they still live nearby? I read in a previous article that LE hasn't stated whether or not they are looking into that. I wonder if we can dig something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per the following article: "She is considered missing and at risk. Police said Sherri does not have any known medical or mental health issues."

This article has already been posted, but you can read more at https://kobi5.com/news/deputies-hus...ia-woman-not-involved-in-disappearance-39845/

"Missing and at risk" sounds to me like they think she has chosen to walk away and may be of risk to herself. Perhaps there is evidence from friends/ family that she was deeply unhappy and fragile, so not mentally unstable, just facing something really difficult.
Another interpretation is that they have a strong idea who has taken her, and they fear that person might endanger her but they want to word it carefully so the suspect doesn't get spooked.
It seems very cautious bland wording considering this seems like it should be an extremely out of character disappearance.

"Missing and at risk" sounds to me like they think she has chosen to walk away and may be of risk to herself. Perhaps there is evidence from friends/ family that she was deeply unhappy and fragile, so not mentally unstable, just facing something really difficult.
Another interpretation is that they have a strong idea who has taken her, and they fear that person might endanger her but they want to word it carefully so the suspect doesn't get spooked.
It seems very cautious bland wording considering this seems like it should be an extremely out of character disappearance.

But he also states she has no known medical or mental issues. I don't think the implication is she's a risk to herself.

There are also two spots up at the top where grass seems to be coming through.
attachment.php
I think the whole pink part are the two loose pieces you would tie together to make it stay on. the black part u would stick your phone in and it would flap down like a pouch. If that makes sense? Kinda like this...
cb5d69a18d9942a74746ae107c7ad34e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Things I would like to know:

Did Keith call Sherri's phone before using the find phone app?
Is there any surveillance video from where her phone was found?
Did Sherri work from home?
How often were the babies in day care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members