Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People often don't want people to know they committed suicide and will go to great lengths to hide it. I would guess this is especially true for people who are very image conscious.

Right. There are many examples, but recently I can think of Cheryl DeBoer and Rita Maze. They went to extreme lengths to hide the truth.

eta: And though the situation was different who could forget the scene Lt. G. created.

I think it's interesting because when it comes to women who are abducted, it's usually a sole predator. "Lowlives" implies more than one person and I think that sort of crime (a woman being abducted by multiple men) would horrify the public even more than a woman abducted by one person. I wonder if there is a particular reason Sherri's husband thinks more than one person took Sherri?

Did you read the whole interview? He has major faith in his wife. In other words it seems like he thinks she's a pretty tough woman. He said she's very alert and aware of her surroundings. I think he believes she could hold her own against one person. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts also lean this way because she went missing in the middle of the day. There are plenty of women who walk around in Shasta County at night, an opportune time for sexual predators, murderers or any other sicko to abduct, take advantage or murder. The perpetrator if this is the case, most likely knew the route she would take, what the roads and neighborhood would be like at that hour and most likely planned it, or was at least obsessing about her and finally acted on it. She also looks like a child, so it is highly possible that the perp may have assumed she was young girl and took her. Just my thoughts. Not facts.

We don't know the time frame of Sherri having her phone - so those texts she sent could ostensibly be sent by the abductor.

We don't know the time frame of Sherri having her phone - so those texts she sent could ostensibly be sent by the abductor.

Agreed. Especially if her abductor knew Keith or knew that he sometimes came home for lunch.

Did you read the whole interview? He has major faith in his wife. In other words it seems like he thinks she's a pretty tough woman. He said she's very alert and aware of her surroundings. I think he believes she could hold her own against one person. IMO.

I am sorry...but there's no way. We see cases all the time of women who are abducted by one predator. What makes Sherri stronger than them? Is she a bodybuilder? How is she physically stronger than a man who wants to do her harm? What if he has a weapon? What if he hits her with his car first? What if he has a rag of chloroform? What if he threatens to kill her children? I think it is total BS that one person wouldn't be able to abduct Sherri.

I've just made it through this entire thread in one sitting and I'm so confused! Of course, I'll keep a look out, but is this really an abduction?

Why does a half-wrapped present already have a name tag on it?

What does the Lt. mean by the word "physical" in the following statement: “Sheriff’s Office detectives have confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question, and there is no physical evidence at this time suggesting he had any involvement.”? I mean, he could have said "no evidence" and left out the specific type (physical) and left out the "at this time" but he didn't. Why? I understand the husband is not to be considered suspect, so just take that as one of the observations that leave me questioning an abduction.

Why are all the pics of her that have been given to LE so perfect? It's like someone selected the absolute best looking pics because they knew they would be seen on local and maybe national tv, when I am almost certain LE has asked for different types of pics. Where are they? And I don't mean that half-nude photobucket pic she took of herself. FWIW, source code shows she copied that pic to the website in 2007.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm having a hard time taking this case at face value.

I am sorry...but there's no way. We see cases all the time of women who are abducted by one predator. What makes Sherri stronger than them? Is she a bodybuilder? How is she physically stronger than a man who wants to do her harm? What if he has a weapon? What if he hits her with his car first? What if he has a rag of chloroform? What if he threatens to kill her children?

I'm definitely not saying it isn't just one person that took her. I'm just saying her husband has this idea that it was more than one. She did own a gun and she did post things about self defense etc on her Pinterest board. Maybe she could hold her own? I do not know her so I'm trying to guess why Keith would believe that.

Agreed. Especially if her abductor knew Keith or knew that he sometimes came home for lunch.

Well, her husband talked with some people who were cutting down a tree in the area. They said they saw her jogging. So, that seems like one reliable eyewitness report that occurred sometime after Sherri texted her husband. So, I doubt she was forced to send the text, then was released to go jogging.

When you live in an area that has a lot of gang activity and you see the fruits of their labor broadcast on the morning news everyday, you begin to view entire groups of people as lowlifes. Whether it was one lowlife that stole your wife or six of them, you tend to lump them all together. Since the husband doesn't know if it was only one person or more than one person responsible for this, he's just being all inclusive.

When you live in an area that has a lot of gang activity and you see the fruits of their labor broadcast on the morning news everyday, you begin to view entire groups of people as lowlifes. Whether it was one lowlife that stole your wife or six of them, you tend to lump them all together. Since the husband doesn't know if it was only one person or more than one person responsible for this, he's just being all inclusive.
Good point, steelman.

bbm
I found it odd that he would say that. She had earbuds in her ears so obviously her awareness regarding her surroundings would have been diminished.

And whether she's tough or not, a big strong guy could still easily overpower her.

I am still reminded of Sierah Joughin. I think the cases are very similar. I still believe she was abducted and is either held somewhere or is already deceased.

I am sorry...but there's no way. We see cases all the time of women who are abducted by one predator. What makes Sherri stronger than them? Is she a bodybuilder? How is she physically stronger than a man who wants to do her harm? What if he has a weapon? What if he hits her with his car first? What if he has a rag of chloroform? What if he threatens to kill her children? I think it is total BS that one person wouldn't be able to abduct Sherri.

What if he hit her with his car to incapacitate her, which is a common MO?

On the other hand, what if she jogged with concealed carry? There was some stuff on her pinterest about CC. That might be where his confidence is coming from, and he doesn't want to say so.

CC would sure make self-harm easy.

People often don't want people to know they committed suicide and will go to great lengths to hide it. I would guess this is especially true for people who are very image conscious.
That's true, no doubt. But just to be clear, what I meant was, if one was going to stage a voluntary disappearance as something else, a suicide scenario would make far more sense logistically than an abduction one if the disappearing person's goal was to not be found. Someone would have to be totally off-the-scale "image conscious" to compromise a voluntary disappearance in which they were walking out on their kids, simply because they couldn't bear the thought of others thinking, as an alternative, that they committed suicide. By no means am I suggesting that scenario is out of the question though, it could happen.

It also "looks, acts, and smells" like a suicide. Not saying it is one, but there is nothing so far that rules out suicide.

Phone could have been tossed because she wanted to keep up appearances until the bitter end.

eta: or even simply thrown down in frustration.

I totally disagree. It doesn't look anything like a suicide. Yes, there are cases where women commit suicide out of the blue, who seemed totally happy, left no note, acted like they were making future plans, had small kids to care for and seemed devoted to them, and simply disppeared off the face of the earth to kill themselves. But that doesn't mean that this is indicative of what they do. That's not typical. It smells, looks and acts nothing like a suicide but very much like an abduction. That does not mean suicide can be ruled out - I'm open - but it doesn;t mean that there is one piece of evidence that suicide could be the case.

Some Suicide Warning Signs
Have you ever heard someone say two or more of the following?

• Life isn’t worth living
  • My family (or friends or girlfriend/boyfriend) would be better off without me
  • Next time I’ll take enough pills to do the job right
  • Take my prized collection or valuables — I don’t need this stuff anymore
  • Don’t worry, I won’t be around to deal with that
  • You’ll be sorry when I’m gone
  • I won’t be in your way much longer
  • I just can’t deal with everything — life’s too hard
  • I won’t be a burden much longer
  • Nobody understands me — nobody feels the way I do
  • There’s nothing I can do to make it better
  • I’d be better off dead
  • I feel like there is no way out
  • You’d be better off without me
Have you noticed them doing one or more of the following activities?

• Getting affairs in order (paying off debts, changing a will)
  • Giving away articles of either personal or monetary value
  • Signs of planning a suicide such as obtaining a weapon or writing a suicide note
Suicide is one of the most serious symptoms of someone who is suffering from severe depression. Common signs of depression include:

• Depressed or sad mood (e.g., feeling “blue” or “down in the dumps”)
  • A change in the person’s sleeping patterns (e.g., sleeping too much or too little, or having difficulty sleeping the night through)
  • A significant change in the person’s weight or appetite
  • Speaking and/or moving with unusual speed or slowness
  • Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities (e.g., hobbies, outdoor activities, hanging around with friends)
  • Withdrawal from family and friends
  • Fatigue or loss of energy
  • Diminished ability to think or concentrate, slowed thinking or indecisiveness
  • Feelings of worthlessness, self-reproach, or guilt
  • Thoughts of death, suicide, or wishes to be dead
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2007/10/08/common-signs-of-someone-who-may-be-suicidal/

Well, her husband talked with some people who were cutting down a tree in the area. They said they saw her jogging. So, that seems like one reliable eyewitness report that occurred sometime after Sherri texted her husband. So, I doubt she was forced to send the text, then was released to go jogging.

True. And Keith doesn't seem suspicious about the text and he's knows his wife's routine better than we do.

Especially when it has happened so mnay times.

Would someone kindly point me to a link that confirms LE have surveillance footage or verification from witnesses who are 100% sure they saw her that morning/day? I thought I read that neighbors verified they'd seen her that day, but I can't find it and now am wondering. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring