Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched this case bubble to the top consistently every day I logged in, but I never participated.

I then saw a 40 minute tv show and was perplexed at the end of it. That was a week or so ago.

Yet still this thread bubbles to the top of its forum. Hmmm, whats happening here?

Bless her heart. She was probably terrified the abductor might come back. I'd be flagging down vehicles too wanting to get the hell out of there.
Oh too. I think people are literally reading into the term flagged down.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

-->

In regard to the church video, my recollection was that the Sheriff said nothing was seen on the video, perhaps I'm mistaken. It was also he that stated she "walked" to the church. When SP told me the story it was "ran".

I don't find it odd that someone with a bound wrist in a dark, unfamiliar area would walk...in fact it would make sense...if she tripped running she wouldn't really be able to break her fall.

I hate to think of any human experience the trauma and torture she did

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

And hope they have an alarm system and bring the police right to you!

I rarely notice highway call boxes. And payphones are almost nil these days.

So I probably would go for the passing highway cars as well. Or do a church break-in to use the office phone. Lol

Bill me later for the broken window. Lol

Just catching back up.
I'm glad Lake brought up looking at jail records .... if nothing else it keeps our wheels spinning

IMO this family used the media and kept pushing to find her , to make things Happen , even after she was released.
So I'm thinking that LE has to be onto something or the family would be pushing for help in finding these awful people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And hope they have an alarm system and bring the police right to you!

Someone told me something that has always stuck with me.

If ever in a real life or death emergency situation then even if you have to bend/break the law to save you or your families life you may want to consider doing that.

The example he gave me was if you were really lost or stranded with your family in the remote backwoods and you were about to starve to death and you knew there were searchers like in airplanes or copters going overhead but they couldnt find you then consider starting a really big fire. You dont want to start a forest fire but in a life or death situation it would be something to consider. Of course the fire could kill you too if you were downwind of it and of course if there was any houses around you surely would not want to do that. But if there were houses around you would not be lost either. :) LOL

Same sort of thing if you are being chased by a killer or were just released from a kidnapping and were injured and needed an ambulance for help. Breaking into a building would be something to consider to use the phone or set off the alarm. Of course there are risks with everything and you would hope a security guard or responding officer wont shoot you.

Just things to consider when your life depends on it.

I watched this case bubble to the top consistently every day I logged in, but I never participated.

I then saw a 40 minute tv show and was perplexed at the end of it. That was a week or so ago.

Yet still this thread bubbles to the top of its forum. Hmmm, whats happening here?

Mass confusion....

I've been a lurker, but I have a thought. Should we also be looking out for any news stories of murders of Hispanic women in the time since Sherri returned? I wonder if maybe the woman that released her will be punished or killed.

Also, hello.

Hi apk4 - good thoughts. Keep em comin' and and nothing wrong with Lurking, the faster this thread goes the more I do that too, LOL

Also, :Welcome1:

Thank you for continuing to come back and try to clarify things. I hope there will not be any debate on whether she walked or ran. It's really not important, IMO. She was released in that general area and she flagged down cars for help on I-5.

I've been searching for other stories of 2 women committing similar crimes and not coming up with much. Here are a few articles I found (though impossible to tell if any of these women are Spanish speaking or not):

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_c5c40574-3286-11e2-8bc9-001a4bcf887a.html
http://www.crimevoice.com/2014/04/28/two-women-arrested-for-kidnapping-attempted-bank-robbery/
http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...ing-trio-appear-shasta-county-court/95050552/
http://www.dailybulletin.com/article/zz/20100701/NEWS/100708894
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article107368607.html

Disclaimer: None of these match Sherri's abduction demographic--meaning they are kidnappings of older or younger females or of men. None match the circumstances of her abduction either (taken off street while jogging). And all seem to have been caught soon after the kidnapping or released their victims when they got what they wanted--robbery or ransom. I'm not sure any of these help but I looked. :dunno:

That's
precisely the reason some people are so incredulous of this part of the story, with many saying SP must be protecting the identity of the perps out of fear or whatever. Kidnappings by women are extremely rare - especially ones where the victims are tortured and kept hostage for weeks; add hispanic to the mix and it becomes even more problematic.

I'm truly not surprised you couldn't find anything to mirror this case. It's pretty unique.

Why even drop her off at that spot, anyway? There are businesses there, a church, these places have security cameras, employees, guards. Even at night it's possible to drive by a light and a camera can catch you, and more expensive cameras have decent night coverage, as well. You just never know, so why risk it at all?

Why not just drop her off on a rural backroad, a long way from any possible witnesses, cameras, anything. If she has to walk for miles, or gets lost, I hardly think her abductors would care, based on how she was treated, right? The drop off spot makes absolutely no sense, it's a major and needless risk.

Unless, perhaps it means the person who dropped her off isn't all THAT familiar with the area. I live near Sacramento and went to college in Davis. I have been known to aimlessly drive on those county roads just for the heck of it. No reason, I just find it relaxing. From that point of view, I can think of very, very few businesses or properties out there. In my mind it's pretty much a bunch of farm roads that all eventually end up at I5, or a major street that will take you to I5.

Then I look on Google maps especially aerial views and think "What? All that stuff is out there?" Someone who lives there or travels there a lot probably knows this, but in my mind that whole stretch is pretty deserted except for farms. If you're lucky and have to pee you might find an exit with a gas station. So thinking of it as someone who is generally just driving through there I can see not even really knowing what's nearby or how close anything is. As long as it's not an exit with a gas station there's not much obviously around, so maybe that's all the person was looking for in a "safe" drop off spot. And from SPs perspective I can imagine I5 being the only major thing that stood out as a place to look for help when the church didn't work out.

Just catching back up.
I'm glad Lake brought up looking at jail records .... if nothing else it keeps our wheels spinning

IMO this family used the media and kept pushing to find her , to make things Happen , even after she was released.
So I'm thinking that LE has to be onto something or the family would be pushing for help in finding these awful people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The media used her case to keep it going for their ratings. Jmo. Because most families barely can get access to local reporters. Let alone Good Morning America and every major news channel and websites to advertise their missing loved one cases.

Jmo. The media decides if they will give your case national attention or none at all.

Jmo. But the family still did good in keeping it out there.

There is only one person that I know of in this case who didnt want to work directly with LE, worked through a family friend, got involved with this case, and made past videos of storage containers for their business.

And in this police report, if I am reading it right,
low and behold, we have someone that didnt want to be involved with LE contact, somehow got ahold of a family friend, and had information about a male holding a female in a storage container/shed.

LE should have been all over this and maybe they were.

Its one thing not to want to work with LE. But its quite another when someone has information about someone holding a person and that person is a kidnapped missing person who's life could be in jeapordy.

Maybe LE did pursue this and found out the person was lying or they were telling the truth and lied to the public about how they got involved.

All I know is if this is the same person that got involved with this case then there was some fibs told to the public about how and why they got involved.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Interesting!!

The media used her case to keep it going for their ratings. Jmo. Because most families barely can get access to local reporters. Let alone Good Morning America and every major news channel and websites to advertise their missing loved one cases.

Jmo. The media decides if they will give your case national attention or none at all.

Jmo. But the family still did good in keeping it out there.

And the bigger the story, the more scrutiny...just ask the McCann family....sadly their case hasn't turned out well. I can't think of a single high profile missing person/child case where there wasn't collateral damage. IMO, this case was treated relatively well by media.

MISSING JESSICA ROGGENKAMP
MISSING FROM ANDERSON, CA
Missing Since- 12/10/16
Age- 44
Eyes- Brown
Hair- Brown
Height- 5'5"- 5'6"
Weight- 122 lb

44-year-old Jessica Roggenkamp was last seen at 3AM on Saturday 12/10/16. Jessica's 2010 black Mustang was found off highway 36 but Jessica was not there. If you've seen her, know where she is, or have any information of her whereabouts, call the Anderson Police Department 530-378-6600 or Nor-Cal Alliance For The Missing anonymous tipline 530-378-4491.

On line anonymous tip form-
http://www.nor-calallianceforthemissing.org/tips.html

Facebook Page-
https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Jessica-Roggenkamp-1185…/

OMG.
One of CG's many weird businesses was in Anderson. I need to go back and look up which one.

Just before I read this post of yours, I was searching out how far Anderson is from Redding, so it's weird to read this. For the record, it's only about 10 miles.

It would also mean it was all a hoax, and I just don't buy it unless the guy is so nuts he and SP's friend did it without telling KP - that would be Hella cruel. There are things that don't add up, but I don't see KP involved in abduction...jmo

Interesting about the containers...I have yet to watch the videos.

CG's involvement
does NOT necessarily mean KP is involved. For me, though, there are FAR too many "coincidences" and hinky things about this guy.

As for LJ (is that the friend's initials?), who knows how well or how long she really knew the family. She watched their kids; that doesn't mean they were bosom buddies all their lives. Hell; for all we knew, she inserted herself into the P's lives as a babysitter to get close to them. Odder things have happened. People backstab, doublecross, and pull confidence scams (and worse) on acquaintances all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966