Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but in that other case, the victim was abducted by two men. We do know that SP was abducted by two women.
Right, I think thats what I said or at least tried to, lol

I'm sifting through these threads, and have yet to find meaningful theories as to what happened to SP.

I thrown a couple of theories out there and it seems as though member's theories are getting ignored, and there is alot of back and forth and copying/pastying with "facts" but, this is totally in left field.

Do any of you have any theories based on the information we have?

I'm sifting through these threads, and have yet to find meaningful theories as to what happened to SP.

I thrown a couple of theories out there and it seems as though member's theories are getting ignored, and there is alot of back and forth and copying/pastying with "facts" but, this is totally in left field.

I do. But must obey the rules here.
I will say this much...we have detailed information/description of how SP was released, the house/junkyard/church, etc. but still no information on HOW she was abducted. LE keeping it close to the vest? I don't believe so. I also don't buy the gang/ST theory.

I thought your theory that someone in the P family may have been involved in the drug trade and tried to leave, or double-crossed someone or whatever, and SP was kidnapped as a way to apply pressure to that person, was plausible.
But the P's and their whole family are classed as victims in this case, so we're not supposed to speculate that there may have been illegal activities on their parts that provide the motive for the crime. It's too easy to accidentally say the wrong thing and get a timeout if we go down that route. I think that's probably why people didn't run with your idea :) :moo:

You "have yet to find meaningful theories" in these threads.

You say you've thrown theories out there yourself, though. And you say that other member's theories seem to be ignored.

So if you're really saying that you do think some of the theories ARE meaningful (yours and the other members you refer to) but not so much the rest of us, then please provide details.

Just thought I'd sleuth around so I punched in abduction, hose clamp and thanksgiving and found an article about a man who abducted women on thanksgiving eve, use hose clamps and tortured and beat them. I don't think he had anything to do with this, but perhaps the branded message was for LE? Maybe a family still tortured by what happened and didn't feel they got justice? The guy's name was Gary Heidnik and it was in Philly.

Good grief. I made the mistake of Googling Gary Heidnik - don't read anything about him if you want to sleep tonight! Interestingly, he was caught after one woman he had been torturing in his basement managed to convince him to let her go and visit her family, and then went to LE - who didn't believe her story about women being chained in a basement and dismembered at first! And then when he was arrested, he told LE that the women had already been chained in the basement when he moved into his house. Great excuse, right? :rolleyes:

At this point, the only thing I am pretty sure of is that nobody drove up to Redding and chose the Old Oregon Trail to find a woman to abduct.

I find sex trafficking and gang initiation to be extremely unlikely. One thing I have learned following True Crime is that Criminal behavior is not always driven by rational motives. Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it didn't happen

From
what someone else was saying, SP lives in an area that is not easily seen from the highway. In other words, it seems as though it's not something that some gangbangers from 150 miles north just wandered across. They had to know it was there. That strongly suggests to me someone local.

You "have yet to find meaningful theories" in these threads.

You say you've thrown theories out there yourself, though. And you say that other member's theories seem to be ignored.

So if you're really saying that you do think some of the theories ARE meaningful (yours and the other members you refer to) but not so much the rest of us, then please provide details.

I really like the theory of her getting a possible phone call for a package delivery, and she jogged down to the mailbox, and got snatched there.

I also like that there is possible grow ops in the area and there are illegal immigrants working on them, and spotted SP one day and came back to get her.

I don't buy into the sex trafficking one, because to me it doesn't fit the MO of those types of victims.

I still feel she was targeted by someone and this was personal.

I really like the theory of her getting a possible phone call for a package delivery, and she jogged down to the mailbox, and got snatched there.

I also like that there is possible grow ops in the area and there are illegal immigrants working on them, and spotted SP one day and came back to get her.

I don't buy into the sex trafficking one, because to me it doesn't fit the MO of those types of victims.

I still feel she was targeted by someone and this was personal.

I'm wondering what makes you think she was targeted and this was personal?

Good grief. I made the mistake of Googling Gary Heidnik - don't read anything about him if you want to sleep tonight! Interestingly, he was caught after one woman he had been torturing in his basement managed to convince him to let her go and visit her family, and then went to LE - who didn't believe her story about women being chained in a basement and dismembered at first! And then when he was arrested, he told LE that the women had already been chained in the basement when he moved into his house. Great excuse, right? :rolleyes:
Sorry if this has already been stated.. but you did know that Gary Heidnik inspired role of Buffalo Bill in 'The Silence of the Lambs', right? eek!

It seems targeted to me because of the locale, and what locals have said about the area not looking like a suburb or development from the exit ramp. It would not be a likely place to gather up one's abduction tools and head out, hoping to stumble across a lone female. The perps seemed to have been prepared, and also fairly "professional" in their methods, in that no one saw them and they have not been caught. So I think they watched and waited for a chance to take the victim specifically. Jmo

I thought your theory that someone in the P family may have been involved in the drug trade and tried to leave, or double-crossed someone or whatever, and SP was kidnapped as a way to apply pressure to that person, was plausible.
But the P's and their whole family are classed as victims in this case, so we're not supposed to speculate that there may have been illegal activities on their parts that provide the motive for the crime. It's too easy to accidentally say the wrong thing and get a timeout if we go down that route. I think that's probably why people didn't run with your idea :) :moo:

Yes, true. This is odd case as we have thread lightly and watch what we type! :toastred:

Posts/links about someone with the same surname as a case player have been removed because there is nothing to substantiate that this person is related in any way.

If you were to sleuth me, you would also find a religious fanatic with the same middle and last name. You would find my initials form a frightening acronym. You would find that a person with the same name as me lived in the same town as I did, had the same dentist as me, and the same doctor as me. On one occasion in another town, I waited too long for a cab. Called the cab company back and they said they had picked me up about an hour ago. No, they had picked up someone else in the same neighbourhood who had the same name as me.

Okay, so I'm very common :( ... but you get the idea.

Please do not drag the names of innocent people into the mix. Post responsibly.

:wave:

O/T Have you seen Silence Of the Lambs? Heidnik was the inspiration for Buffalo Bill

Oops snap kanzz

I'm wondering what makes you think she was targeted and this was personal?

A few of reasons, but mostly gut.

So, here are a few thoughts: the hush hushness of LE. They fled their family home, and are pretty much shut away from the world.

That she was snatched from a rural community, and she was a mom. She was left to live after 22 days? Just seems odd.

From
what someone else was saying, SP lives in an area that is not easily seen from the highway. In other words, it seems as though it's not something that some gangbangers from 150 miles north just wandered across. They had to know it was there. That strongly suggests to me someone local.

...which would then probably exclude gang banging and trafficking.
-IMO-

That's funny, my family and I were just talking about eye color last night for unrelated reasons. Turns out that 55% of the world's population has brown eyes. By contrast, blue eyes and green eyes are both well under 10%.

I'd be really surprised if it was only 55%. What color does the missing 25%+ have?

anyone have a good explanation for the way the phone was found? i cant come up with a scenario that makes sense for it seeming to have been placed like that with some care and not just dropped.

anyone have a good explanation for the way the phone was found? i cant come up with a scenario that makes sense for it seeming to have been placed like that with some care and not just dropped.

Maybe they handed her something to look at like a map, paper or phone if asking for directions. She puts her phone down to take it?

I've been following along and I have to admit that at this point, unless LE or someone close to the family releases another detail, it feels like wheel spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper