Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a pretty clear idea who was responsible for the disappearance in the 96 incident. And I don't think the POI has the same motive in this case. And LE did look closely at him. JMO

What if Tara confided in someone about her relationship and her determination to break up? She goes and meet Mr. POI, they argued, he dropped her, she bumped into said confident? S/he (UNSUB) made a pass at her, either because she was vulnerable or because the confidant had a crush on her? Things got out of hand and s/he killed Tara? With all the evidence pointing at POI, Tara's diary, etc... the possibility of an UNSUB belonging to her inner circle of friends, classmates, sportmates and who knows, another martial arts student linking T and UNSUB to POI? Ok, back to business. Satoshi's and bits, and bits and bits.

What if Tara confided in someone about her relationship and her determination to break up? She goes and meet Mr. POI, they argued, he dropped her, she bumped into said confident? S/he (UNSUB) made a pass at her, either because she was vulnerable or because the confidant had a crush on her? Things got out of hand and s/he killed Tara? With all the evidence pointing at POI, Tara's diary, etc... the possibility of an UNSUBJ belonging to her inner circle of friends, classmates, sportmates and who knows, another martial arts student linking T and UNSUB to POI? Ok, back to business. Satoshi's and bits, and bits and bits.

That is a reasonable scenario. But it is hard for me to overlook the POI's 'alibi.' He told LE that after he dropped the teen off, he went by himself to a remote mountain area, and 'prayed for 5 hours.' Hard for me to believe that alibi. :no:

Lots of scrutiny of my comment on where I was told SP was dropped off. I'm not picking on KaaBoom by quoting him/her here, just using this post as a reference, so please don't take offense.

First, looking at a picture and trying to make judgements on what SP could or could not see is likely counter productive. The photos you are examining looking down the road probably takes in a 5-10 degree field of view at best. SP could turn her head and has a much wider field of view. From the house area west of I5 one could simply turn your head and see the lights of the traffic on I-5 to the SouthEast. That plus the noise= freeway in that direction -->

In regard to the church video, my recollection was that the Sheriff said nothing was seen on the video, perhaps I'm mistaken. It was also he that stated she "walked" to the church. When SP told me the story it was "ran".

Thank you for continuing to come back and try to clarify things. I hope there will not be any debate on whether she walked or ran. It's really not important, IMO. She was released in that general area and she flagged down cars for help on I-5.

I've been searching for other stories of 2 women committing similar crimes and not coming up with much. Here are a few articles I found (though impossible to tell if any of these women are Spanish speaking or not):

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_c5c40574-3286-11e2-8bc9-001a4bcf887a.html
http://www.crimevoice.com/2014/04/28/two-women-arrested-for-kidnapping-attempted-bank-robbery/
http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...ing-trio-appear-shasta-county-court/95050552/
http://www.dailybulletin.com/article/zz/20100701/NEWS/100708894
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article107368607.html

Disclaimer: None of these match Sherri's abduction demographic--meaning they are kidnappings of older or younger females or of men. None match the circumstances of her abduction either (taken off street while jogging). And all seem to have been caught soon after the kidnapping or released their victims when they got what they wanted--robbery or ransom. I'm not sure any of these help but I looked. :dunno:

Just want to clear this up - sorry I keep falling behind: The Log: (Starting on Page 1 - 2)

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2 (It was 11/12 not 11/2)

11/12/16 received 359; dispatched 420; arrived 432; cleared 720

"FOLLOW UP"
GRAY ROCK RD/WONDERLAND BL
Then they list 7 Sheriffs, Sherri's name / clothing and Tan Chevy Suburban w/ 3 possible plate numbers

So they stayed 3 hours and 7 Sheriffs are listed on the call.

IMO they checked it out pretty good.

Any idea who is connected to the tan Suburban?

OK, but that still ignores the fact that there was heavy presence of LEOs on I-5. The news pictures of Road 17 don't show any LE presence at all. Wouldn't you think they would have blocked off the road and set up a crime scene if they believed she was released at that location?

Can you please show a link for this?

Why even drop her off at that spot, anyway? There are businesses there, a church, these places have security cameras, employees, guards. Even at night it's possible to drive by a light and a camera can catch you, and more expensive cameras have decent night coverage, as well. You just never know, so why risk it at all?

Why not just drop her off on a rural backroad, a long way from any possible witnesses, cameras, anything. If she has to walk for miles, or gets lost, I hardly think her abductors would care, based on how she was treated, right? The drop off spot makes absolutely no sense, it's a major and needless risk.

It was 4 am or earlier. Turned out there were no witnesses. A security camera isn't worth crap at night, wouldn't be able to get license number or anything of use. And maybe they had scouted this location enough to feel comfortable that there would be no witnesses or cameras, which there weren't.

Drop her off too far away from the interstate and you run the risk of her finding a house and calling 911 before you've made your way back to I-5. This way, she still had to walk a ways, but the perps were able to get on the freeway immediately and were long gone

I think the way they did it was smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why even drop her off at that spot, anyway? There are businesses there, a church, these places have security cameras, employees, guards. Even at night it's possible to drive by a light and a camera can catch you, and more expensive cameras have decent night coverage, as well. You just never know, so why risk it at all?

Why not just drop her off on a rural backroad, a long way from any possible witnesses, cameras, anything. If she has to walk for miles, or gets lost, I hardly think her abductors would care, based on how she was treated, right? The drop off spot makes absolutely no sense, it's a major and needless risk.

Everyone involved with this case knew the precise location of absolutely any and all surveillance and managed to avoid and outsmart it. That really is the only logical explanation, correct?

Everyone involved with this case knew the precise location of absolutely any and all surveillance and managed to avoid and outsmart it. That really is the only logical explanation, correct?

I do think they were familiar with the area...for just this reason. I also think they are familiar with where SP was picked up. Maybe someone who moved from the Redding area to Sacramento and may know the P's

I don’t think this is a major flaw in the narrative. They had to slow down or stop somewhere to drop her off. Consider the alternatives:

--Pull over on the side of I5: This could draw attention of LE, or some overzealous other driver could call LE to report a disabled vehicle.

--Stop at a busier interchange with services: Too many potential witnesses and security cameras.

--Drop her in some rural area: At that hour, you might be virtually the only car around over a long stretch of time. A witness (someone driving in the opposite direction, e.g.) might remember the vehicle and be able to describe it. No one remembers all the cars that go by on an interstate. In addition, in a rural area there is more of a chance of tire tracks being visible on the shoulder or in a driveway where you pulled over.

With that in mind, I think a services-free interchange is a good bet.

For me, the interesting questions have to do with why the drop-off vehicle wanted to be on I5 in the first place. Did it use the Yolo exit to change directions? If not, in which direction was it going? To avoid gas-station cameras, it presumably made whatever trip it made on one tank of gas; what area does that bound off? Finally, given that we can presume that the vehicle did not want to be seen driving around a lot, I think it’s a reasonable guess, but not a certainty, that it started its journey from a location near I5, ended at a location near I5, or both.

I'd have been scared of accidentally flagging down a serial killer or someone. Especially after what happened the last time a random vehicle pulled up near her.

Are u aware that 2 took her, and that 1 dropped her off? The possibility the other didnt know and might come looking, and there is much more traffic [eyes] than where she was abducted?

After what she went through, I doubt that her fears and thoughts were that simplistic.

Ok guys, I've found some resources.
Shasta county has a weekly most wanted list. You can google it to find it ,( im on my kindle and cant post links).
HOWEVER; of great interest is ANOTHER missing blonde 44 years old. The record searchlight is on facebook and shows her post as of today. They also list the most wanted .
I can get links to all of these in awhile but if someone has time and can beat me to my desktop I would appreciate it.

I would imagine this was checked out...or could have been a prank...which day was Kayla B found? IIRC very near the same date...could be wrong.

There is only one person that I know of in this case who didnt want to work directly with LE, worked through a family friend, got involved with this case, and made past videos of storage containers for their business.

And in this police report, if I am reading it right,
low and behold, we have someone that didnt want to be involved with LE contact, somehow got ahold of a family friend, and had information about a male holding a female in a storage container/shed.

LE should have been all over this and maybe they were.

Its one thing not to want to work with LE. But its quite another when someone has information about someone holding a person and that person is a kidnapped missing person who's life could be in jeapordy.

Maybe LE did pursue this and found out the person was lying or they were telling the truth and lied to the public about how they got involved.

All I know is if this is the same person that got involved with this case then there was some fibs told to the public about how and why they got involved.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

That is a reasonable scenario. But it is hard for me to overlook the POI's 'alibi.' He told LE that after he dropped the teen off, he went by himself to a remote mountain area, and 'prayed for 5 hours.' Hard for me to believe that alibi. :no:

I agree. a 5hrs prayer...hmmm... but maybe he had a helper? Strange and weird things happen in Reddings..

Ok guys, I've found some resources.
Shasta county has a weekly most wanted list. You can google it to find it ,( im on my kindle and cant post links).
HOWEVER; of great interest is ANOTHER missing blonde 44 years old. The record searchlight is on facebook and shows her post as of today. They also list the most wanted .
I can get links to all of these in awhile but if someone has time and can beat me to my desktop I would appreciate it.

MISSING JESSICA ROGGENKAMP
MISSING FROM ANDERSON, CA
Missing Since- 12/10/16
Age- 44
Eyes- Brown
Hair- Brown
Height- 5'5"- 5'6"
Weight- 122 lb

44-year-old Jessica Roggenkamp was last seen at 3AM on Saturday 12/10/16. Jessica's 2010 black Mustang was found off highway 36 but Jessica was not there. If you've seen her, know where she is, or have any information of her whereabouts, call the Anderson Police Department 530-378-6600 or Nor-Cal Alliance For The Missing anonymous tipline 530-378-4491.

On line anonymous tip form-
http://www.nor-calallianceforthemissing.org/tips.html

Facebook Page-
https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Jessica-Roggenkamp-1185…/

MISSING JESSICA ROGGENKAMP
MISSING FROM ANDERSON, CA
Missing Since- 12/10/16
Age- 44
Eyes- Brown
Hair- Brown
Height- 5'5"- 5'6"
Weight- 122 lb

44-year-old Jessica Roggenkamp was last seen at 3AM on Saturday 12/10/16. Jessica's 2010 black Mustang was found off highway 36 but Jessica was not there. If you've seen her, know where she is, or have any information of her whereabouts, call the Anderson Police Department 530-378-6600 or Nor-Cal Alliance For The Missing anonymous tipline 530-378-4491.

On line anonymous tip form-
http://www.nor-calallianceforthemissing.org/tips.html

Facebook Page-
https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Jessica-Roggenkamp-1185…/

Anderson is 10 miles south of Redding on I-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper