Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not
at all. Victims are not to blame for what happens to them; nothing a victim could possibly do would ever merit such treatment. Somepeople are just psychos and will harm anyone; take Caylee Anthony; what did that poor thing ever do to Casey Anthony? Nothing that would merit what happened to her. What did Elizabeth Smart do to merit being kidnapped and raped? Nothing.

The truth is that sometimes there are bad people in this world who do things for reasons we will never know. Police know this; they are willing to investigate anyone and everybody, regardless of how nice they seem or their relationship to the victim. And thank God for that.

I agree, except in the cases you suggested, most people had plenty of negative things to say about the suspects. Elizabeth Smart's abductor came from the streets, and Casey Anthony was a known Pathological liar.

It just seems to me that if a ransom was paid CG would be crowing from the rooftops about how he negotiated SP's safe return. Coupled with the fact that LE said the ransom offer did not play a part in SP's release, CG has said no ransom was paid, and the family members I've spoken with insist no ransom was paid, I tend to believe that no ransom was paid.

What if he paid 50k and kept the rest?

Wouldn't he want to stay hush about that?

Now I doubt this happened. But hey.

It's Tuesday night.

Lake, I'm wondering if you have heard any rumors about what people in SP's neighborhood are theorizing regarding SP's abduction?

If the perps were known to SP or her family, I'd think they'd have a motive and an arrest already.

It
took 4 months to arrest Scott Peterson, despite their being a motive.

It took 3 years to convict Casey Anthony.

I'm sure police will get there. It may take a little time to gather all of the evidence, but I believe it will happen.

Good point. And why? Because it's a STUPID idea to OFFER ransom without it being demanded. So stupid that nobody who has "trained Navy Seals" and other military and law enforcement personnel, worked with the DoD, with Colin Powell, with Condoleeza Rice, etc. etc. as the claims go, would EVER suggest it. Because it encourages criminals to come out the woodwork, kidnap people all over the place and demand heavy ransoms. We would turn this country into another Venezuela!

Maybe or maybe not. CG claims it was KP's idea. It did serve to create a large buzz with the MSM and social media. If the abductors were holding SP for future ST then they might decide to take their payday up front by accepting it rather than wait six months or more to "earn" it through ST. Whether ST was the plan or not the more media presence SP got and the offering of rewards from both the family and CG to people that would roll over on the abductors may have played a roll in her being released vs being killed. It will be an interesting revelation if and when any of the abductors are caught.

After CG said "no money changed hands" the follow up question should have been: "Would you tell us if it had?" Ach, reporters these days.
Should have followed up because "no money changed hands" is not the same as saying "no ransom was paid" since 5.5lbs of gold, as just one example, would net about 100k.

It's not stupid if it worked in this case, and we'll most likely never know.

Sorry,but
any law enforcement person will agree that it's a stupid road to go down. CG thinks he's hit upon some super secret, magic formula and was crowing about how he was the first - that he made history - in using this stupid idea. No, it wasn't that nobody ever thought of it before; it's just that everybody can see what happens when you start bribing criminals left and right. Venezuela has a huge problem b/c they went down this same road. Now Westerners are warned against ever traveling there.

It
took 4 months to arrest Scott Peterson, despite their being a motive.

It took 3 years to convict Casey Anthony.

I'm sure police will get there. It may take a little time to gather all of the evidence, but I believe it will happen.

Casey was acquitted. Unless you mean the check fraud charge.

But agree. Arrests usually takes a while.

Lake, I'm wondering if you have heard any rumors about what people in SP's neighborhood are theorizing regarding SP's abduction?

I really don't know what they are saying, I have not been in that neighborhood much at all lately.

Sorry,but
any law enforcement person will agree that it's a stupid road to go down. CG thinks he's hit upon some super secret, magic formula and was crowing about how he was the first - that he made history - in using this stupid idea. No, it wasn't that nobody ever thought of it before; it's just that everybody can see what happens when you start bribing criminals left and right. Venezuela has a huge problem b/c they went down this same road. Now Westerners are warned against ever traveling there.

What is good for society may not be what is good for obtaining a person's release. I can see why LE as society's appointed protectors don't like it. But families with missing loved ones aren't concerned with the big picture, they are concerned with getting their wife, daughter, mother, sister or loved one home as soon as possible. The end justifies the means.

I agree, except in the cases you suggested, most people had plenty of negative things to say about the suspects. Elizabeth Smart's abductor came from the streets, and Casey Anthony was a known Pathological liar.

Yes, as I said; some people are just psychos. Look at Ted Bundy. Everybody that knew him called him charming. The Green River killer was a good god-fearing man.

For every murderer out there, you can find at least one person who will swear he or she was a wonderful person. You will also find at least one person who will call them despicable.

That's why police don't listen to or care about how wonderful or evil a perp is; they investigate anyone, letting the evidence lead them. They look for motive, opportunity and means.

Should have followed up because "no money changed hands" is not the same as saying "no ransom was paid" since 5.5lbs of gold, as just one example, would net about 100k.

Dont forget Bitcoins.

Oh oh.

Yes, as I said; some people are just psychos. Look at Ted Bundy. Everybody that knew him called him charming. The Green River killer was a good god-fearing man.

For every murderer out there, you can find at least one person who will swear he or she was a wonderful person. You will also find at least one person who will call them despicable.

That's why police don't listen to or care about how wonderful or evil a perp is; they investigate anyone, letting the evidence lead them. They look for motive, opportunity and means.

Deleted. Frustrated.

What if he paid 50k and kept the rest?

Wouldn't he want to stay hush about that?

Now I doubt this happened. But hey.

It's Tuesday night.

Or'
what if he made up the "anonymous donor" and his money? What if he hired some women to kidnap SP so that he could play the hero? What if he has one of those hostage simulation environments (storage containers) outfitted somewhere north, say about 150 miles away?

What if SP is so terrified to say anything to police about him b/c he owns guns and has all of that military training (not to mention lives in the same town as her children and family)? What if he did, in fact, threaten her into silence, making her move out of town to get away from him?

It's as valid a theory as any put forth so far. Perhaps more so, since the man has the motive, the means and the opportunity. Plus naked ambition.

If the perps were known to SP or her family, I'd think they'd have a motive and an arrest already.

IDK. Fear of the known is sometimes greater than fear of the unknown.

Personally, I'd be more fearful of someone known to me, who tortured and threatened me under the noses of my family (and had access to my kids), than I would be of unknown perps coming back to get me if I was home with people protecting and caring for me.

I'm not saying that's the case with SP -- just that it's possible if one believes that the two Hispanic women description is inaccurate.

Lake, I understand if you can't answer this, but does SP have any idea where perp#2 was when perp#1 released her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie