Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people who retain large caches of currency do not do so in order to deceive the IRS with the possible exception of Drug pushers, stolen gun dealers and that type.

When CG informed us that the Anonymous Donor returned the money to the bank, the AD easily could have redeposited the cash into a bank's security safe. Banks have lots of sizes of safes to choose from depending on one's needs.

Frankly, $100,000 does not have the appearance of looking like it is a whole lot of money. One hundred dollar bills are strapped together to form a stack of ten thousand dollars. Then, those ten thousand dollar stacks are strapped together in order to equal $100,000, for instance. It is the banding that keeps the currency neat whether stored not in the sock drawer, rather in a jar in a hole in the yard, a permanently attached safe within the home, or in a bank's' security box. IOW, any non flammable container.

themostfamousartist_001-970x647-c.jpg

http://imgarcade.com/1/100000-dollars-cash/

That's why I got a chuckle over the $118,000 ransom demand for JonBenet when the kidnapper suggested John take an adequate size attache case to the bank.

Not so much in Northern Cali. It's almost to Oregon and it's just 8% Hispanic. If the captors spoke Spanish it's highly likely that Spanish is their native language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, the way everyone was talking, you would think that number would be much larger, thanks!

And, nevermind!

OK, I guess we can come to some kind of agreement. The whole thing with this ransom seemed weird, like this person supposedly flew with cash (or when they arrived they withdrew a large sum from the bank). Of the people that do have ready cash money, I think a much smaller percentage of them would do what was described by CG where someone came into town with loads of cash (or that a bank would let them withdraw that much that quickly if they withdrew it after they arrived) and then after Thanksgiving that money was supposedly deposited in a bank. I think sort of by necessity there has to be at least one lie in the tale as those who deal in lots of cash aren't going to necessarily bring that much out of town (and keep it in their hotel room?) let alone then deposit this huge amount in a bank, so that is why I thought this either had to be from some sort of criminal enterprise or it didn't exist as the way the ransom was described just didn't sound as legitimate.

Agree. I also believe it is very peculiar for people who might be carrying around 100,000 in cash, whether their own or some anonymous donor's, to announce on YouTube that they have that much cash on their person. If I had that many bills on me, I wouldn't post a video about it.

What he has to say is that there is evidence of an abduction. Saying there is no evidence that there was not an abduction is not the same thing.
BBM

I agree. It's very strange wording IMO. I realize that he has said "she was abducted" at other times, but the unnecessary double talk made me take note.

Why, sure, Ace, there is evidence of SPs abduction from when she was released wearing a metal chain about her waist and a hood type material that SP waved when flagging for attention from passersby and the kind of a hose clamp used as a handcuff.

The Sheriff also mentioned accumulating evidence at the released site CS (crime scene) in Yolo that was sent for testing.
BBM

I realize I'm splitting semantic hairs here, but I think it's important not to make assumptions when we discuss a case, any case. What SP wore and how she looked at the release scene in Yolo is not evidence of abduction.
In NO way am I saying there was staging at the release scene, so don't pummel me! :truce:
But it is not accurate to say that everything seen so far at the release scene is "evidence" that an abduction took place in Mountain Gate. Evidence of abduction would need to come either from the actual place where the abduction took place (Mountain Gate) or as evidence independent of what SP was wearing and looked like at the release scene. There is no evidence at the abduction site that we know of. The phone on the ground is not evidence of abduction, even though it may be a possible indicator as it was to KP.

Yeah, I realized the second I wrote that that it was going to get shot down based on sematics, but couldn't quite figure out how to clarify.

The is obviously a ton of evidence. The problem is, it's not the right type of evidence. We need a POI, or a witness, or DNA, or a fingerprint, etc. Outside, independent evidence.
BBM

Exactly right. LE has to approach the evidence they collect with an open mind, not making assumptions. To prove conclusively that an abduction took place, the evidence has to be independent of and support what SP has told them.

Again, I am not implying that there was any shenanigans. I'm just stating what is and what is not "evidence" (rather than indicators) of abduction so we are clear on that point.
JMO

SNIP>
The men placed a plastic grocery bag over the woman's head once the car stopped and led her up a flight of stairs into an apartment, the report says. Once inside, the men took the bag off her head, and she saw a kitchen with a stainless steel refrigerator and electric range cooktop on top of a glass stove.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/10/cleveland_woman_kidnapped_at_g.html

Sooo many details have been released by LE in that case, why has nothing been released in the SP case?! :gaah:

BBM

I agree. It's very strange wording IMO. I realize that he has said "she was abducted" at other times, but the unnecessary double talk made me take note.
RSBM.

I just wanted to note that every time there has been that weird syntax in the sheriff's words he has been doing a live interview and answering a question from a reporter. His statements that are more direct are the prepared statements from a press conference or a statement made when he wanted to clarify a false report from Huffpost (in that one he flat out said "we believe her"). This "double talk" could just be an awkward way he has of speaking when answering a question off the cuff. JMO.

Sooo many details have been released by LE in that case, why has nothing been released in the SP case?! :gaah:
I agree, do you know how hard it is to find statistics that are even remotely comparible to SP's case? I've spent hours I tell ya.........

SNIP>
The men placed a plastic grocery bag over the woman's head once the car stopped and led her up a flight of stairs into an apartment, the report says. Once inside, the men took the bag off her head, and she saw a kitchen with a stainless steel refrigerator and electric range cooktop on top of a glass stove.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/10/cleveland_woman_kidnapped_at_g.html

So interesting how, like SP, this victim also couldn't describe the vehicle.

SNIP>

Brave walking someone up a flight of stairs with a grocery bag on her head at an apartment building.

RSBM.

I just wanted to note that every time there has been that weird syntax in the sheriff's words he has been doing a live interview and answering a question from a reporter. His statements that are more direct are the prepared statements from a press conference or a statement made when he wanted to clarify a false report from Huffpost (in that one he flat out said "we believe her"). This "double talk" could just be an awkward way he has of speaking when answering a question off the cuff. JMO.

He also said her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle, but people choose to go with "severely battered" that was said at 4:30 in the morning by a CHP officer within minutes of her being discovered. It is all left to the individual which version one wants to go with....IMO

So interesting how, like SP, this victim also couldn't describe the vehicle.

I wouldn't be able to name the make and model of a vehicle I might have seen briefly while being abducted either...especially not after 3 weeks of being beaten, chained and starved.

Heads up everyone. Did a little tidy-up and some posts suggesting political motives have been removed. Discussion of race, religion, politics, orientation, are against TOS ... for very good reason. Websleuths cannot fix all the social injustices in the world, and veteran WSers know what happens when anyone brings the word "politics" into the mix. The discussion goes downhill very quickly.

If you wish to refer to possible motive in this case as simply a "hate crime", that's fine. Just don't let politics enter into the discussion.

Trust me !!

:truce:
:blushing:

Yeah, I'm so sorry SB I really should have known better.

*has slapped thine self*

Has KP ever said he called/texted SP's phone prior to using the find-my-phone ap? Has the Sheriff? It would have been on both their phones.

I know Matt Gutman said he said it, but I am looking for an actual quote, thanks

He also said her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle, but people choose to go with "severely battered" that was said at 4:30 in the morning by a CHP officer within minutes of her being discovered. It is all left to the individual which version one wants to go with....IMO

He never said her injuries were no more severe than a sprained ankle. He gave an unfortunate example when describing why someone would be treated and released instead of kept in the hospital. IMO, he was downplaying because he didn't want to release the details. And he didn't repeat that sprained ankle example because the next day KP released the details and the Sheriff confirmed that those were her injuries but he did not want them released, especially the detail that she was branded. If the sheriff had kept insisting after KP's statements that SP's injuries were like a sprained ankle you might have a point that we can't always go by what he says. But that was an instance where the sheriff was purposely trying to be vague to hold back info and he got caught in it. That is different, IMO, from him repeatedly saying he believes SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi