Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t LE say she was wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants? I never heard about a jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it was a zip up sweat shirt?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi bears! We are at that point in a case where lines and info blur, yes? It's maddening.
Nice to meet you.

Hi :) yes I agree lines are blurrier than robin thicke could have ever imagined

Blown up I can see the threads, seems, and gosh that fancy pink design. The strip at the top looks to me like part of the tie, like a swimsuit top.
I guess people see what they want.

In the video at the link I provided, 2 officers are standing near it and there is some other pink item further back - A much larger pink area than this item. Too far away to make it out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21304...-jogging-after-cops-find-her-mobile-in-woods/

02:05 in the video near the bottom

I think it looks like a pink sports bra or something. The black lining is hard to see inside the lining of it. I think we are looking at one cup of it and the other is folded inside itself.

Really strange as she was reported to be seen in pink jogging gear so not sure why that would be left there.

This whole case is so strange. I have some concerns about the 911 call too mainly about making a point to take a photo of her phone before picking it up and then making sure to tell the 911 operator about that.

Not sure that would be something most people would have the wherewithall to do in an emergency situation.

But he supposedly passed a lie detector test and even offered to take another one so there is that.

Lie detector tests dont impress me though because Ive read about too many people that have been able to fool them and they are not admissable in a court so I dont get too excited about them one way or the other.

I just hope she gets the help she needs no matter what happened.
If real abduction then she needs help.
If any collusion involved then she needs help.

So she needs help no matter what and I hope she will get the help she needs. I feel sad for her, her husband, and the kids.

Didn’t LE say she was wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants? I never heard about a jacket.

Maybe the jacket is being confused with some articles that says when she first went missing she was seen with a pink jogging jacket like this article.

It gets confusing because when she was found it was a grey sweatshirt and gray sweatpants. No telling what happened to the rest of the pink clothes.

"It's been five days since Sherri was last seen wearing a pink jogging jacket off Old Oregon Trail in Mountain Gate, north of Redding."

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010

"He said when she was found, Sherri Papini was wearing a dark gray sweatshirt, light gray sweatpants"

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...nears-phones-been-ringing-off-hook/795090001/

Not sure we need to be hung up on the clothes she was wearing when found- could be stuff someone picked up from a thrift shop/(second hand shop). Even Sherri herself, wearing a wig and makeup getting different clothes. Thrift shops probs do not have security cameras.????

I hope she was willing to have a rape kit taken, (we will probably never know her reaction to this question from LE) but the fact that she said she was not sexually assaulted probably means that a rape kit was not performed. So......did she have a liaison? Was she trying out the water with a new partner?

Did she need to inject some excitement into her marriage? Was she being controlled by someone outside her marriage to KP? We know KP was not involved and we have a LOT of history on SP but what about KP - I know we can't sleuth him but what I am getting at is - this investigation as focussed on SP and we need to keep in mind that perhaps somewhere there was someone in his past was totally jealous of his relationship with SP!

It's also not a red dish. It's a water dispenser for animals. I had on just like it for baby chicks.

I think it looks like a pink sports bra or something. The black lining is hard to see inside the lining of it. I think we are looking at one cup of it and the other is folded inside itself.

Really strange as she was reported to be seen in pink jogging gear so not sure why that would be left there.

This whole case is so strange. I have some concerns about the 911 call too mainly about making a point to take a photo of her phone before picking it up and then making sure to tell the 911 operator about that.

Not sure that would be something most people would have the wherewithall to do in an emergency situation.

But he supposedly passed a lie detector test and even offered to take another one so there is that.

Lie detector tests dont impress me though because Ive read about too many people that have been able to fool them and they are not admissable in a court so I dont get too excited about them one way or the other.

So she needs help no matter what and I hope she will get the help she needs. I feel sad for her, her husband, and the kids.

It looks to me like half of a black bra with pink lining. If the rest of the bra is folded underneath, then it's folded underneath perfectly. Another "placed" item? Or was the bra cut off of someone, or ripped? If this is a real evidence photo from the scene, why are we seeing it, and not the real photo of the phone? How much stranger can this case get?

Hopefully this picture will help to explain how this is not a pink sports bra at all. The black part in the middle is not physically attached to the pink. Notice the grass that comes up between the pink and the black. The black appears to be a latex glove. Investigators have made a border around it with the pink tape.
attachment.php

Attachments

• glove.PNG
    glove.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 334
Hopefully this picture will help to explain how this is not a pink sports bra at all. The black part in the middle is not physically attached to the pink. Notice the grass that comes up between the pink and the black. The black appears to be a latex glove. Investigators have made a border around it with the pink tape.
attachment.php

Thank you for doing that! That is the most bra-looking latex glove with evidence tape I've ever seen! I don't know what to make of it. I can still see a black bra that's separating from the pink lining, maybe because it's been there for a while and doesn't belong to SP anyway.

Is there any explanation for the picture anywhere?

From the KRCR video that has been previously linked, this is a screen grab that gives perspective on where the black latex glove was found. It's on the side of the road in front of what appears to be a green and white building of some kind.

attachment.php

Attachments

• glove 2.png
    glove 2.png
    498.2 KB · Views: 304
Thank you for doing that! That is the most bra-looking latex glove with evidence tape I've ever seen! I don't know what to make of it. I can still see a black bra that's separating from the pink lining, maybe because it's been there for a while and doesn't belong to SP anyway.

I figured out why our minds go to "bra" so strongly on this picture. It's because of the, uh, shape that the investigators formed (inadvertently, I'm sure) when they made the border around the object with the tape. It does look rather breastish.

From the KRCR video that has been previously linked, this is a screen grab that gives perspective on where the black latex glove was found. It's on the side of the road in front of what appears to be a green and white building of some kind.

attachment.php

Could you tell us the post # with the story linked in it? In the larger picture, it looks like the pink object is on the roadway with the evidence marker behind it. In the close up pic, the object is on the grass with the evidence marker in front of it.

EDIT: i do see the roadway in the left corner of the close-up picture.

It was Thanksgiving morning so there was tons of traffic and yes, dozen's called 911.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

Sutton said she pulled off the highway and called 911. Dozens of other drivers also called 911 on Sherri’s behalf.

Yep, that's what the article says. Dozens. Dozens implies that over 24 911 calls were made. IMO, ABCNews used a little bit of embellishment there to spice up their story. Yes, it was Thanksgiving morning, but it was somewhere around 4:30am, that's not the time for tons of traffic. This is a very rural section of freeway.

Could you tell us the post # with the story linked in it? In the larger picture, it looks like the pink object is on the roadway with the evidence marker behind it. In the close up pic, the object is on the grass with the evidence marker in front of it.

You can see binding around that pink thing. I'm thinking that isn't the black item. That's the roll they will use to mark things. Like the black item. Glove or I was thinking maybe a rag- like they were thinking it had a substance on it to cover a face and incapacitate someone

Eta- and there is a yellow evidence marker (1 or 8) right behind it, closer in the grass

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Indeed. If I were going to mark something with some sort of fancy design pink tape I would have made it a circle, not exactly shaped to the triangular (black latex glove) object. And why would I use that if there is a bright yellow marker. Pictures of evidence are taken right away in case of disturbance.

Anyone have a source for pink and white evidence tape? All I have ever seen are rolls of printed or plain colors with adhesive for sealing evidence in packages. Maybe I am not understanding the meaning of "evidence tape". as used here.

ETA: Your Q, sorry. We know nothing about it - nothing was ever said and it doesn't Google.

I figured out why our minds go to "bra" so strongly on this picture. It's because of the, uh, shape that the investigators formed (inadvertently, I'm sure) when they made the border around the object with the tape. It does look rather breastish.

That is precisely why an officer would not disturb the item in order to mark it IMO.

It's post #679.

Post #679...

Maybe this was discussed before and I just missed it or forgot it.

KRCR did an interview with KP during the disappearance. In the video clip, at the :13 mark while they're talking about SP having a pink running top, they show something pink and black on the ground with an evidence marker #3 beside it. What is that?

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010

It's post #679.

It looks to me like half of a black bra with pink lining. If the rest of the bra is folded underneath, then it's folded underneath perfectly. Another "placed" item? Or was the bra cut off of someone, or ripped? If this is a real evidence photo from the scene, why are we seeing it, and not the real photo of the phone? How much stranger can this case get?

I originally thought ripped and that might cause the band to separate from the cup. What looks like the neck strap/tie seems cut to me.

I don't know what it actually is but frankly pink striped evidence tape formed to the shape of a folded glove just does not make sense.

That poor bra has been tossed out and talked about more than a prom queen.

attachment.php

This building a residence, located on Old Oregon Trail, about 0.10 miles north of the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0