Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she will plead insanity because even when presented with the truth via evidence she continued to lie to Federal Agents. The X boyfriend told the truth or he'd be in handcuffs, too. Is she still married to Keith?

"This case is the product of an investigation by the FBI and the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office with assistance from the California Department of Justice’s Bureau of Forensic Services and Bureau of Investigation, and the California Highway Patrol. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Veronica M.A. Alegría and Shelley D. Weger are prosecuting the case." Praises to the highest for these officials!

Yay! For DNA!

moo

The FBI and Shasta County sheriff’s officials confronted Papini in an interview on Aug. 13, 2020, with her husband present.

“While husband was still in the interview room, Papini continued to deny that she ran away with ex-boyfriend. Once husband left the room, Papini admitted that she and ex-boyfriend ‘did talk a little bit before’ and said, ‘When I went out of town for work. I talked with other guys ... I made a mistake and I talked to other men and I shouldn’t have.’”

So SP was still with her husband when the FBI interviewed her in 2020.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259034893.html#storylink=cpy

Ha! It's about time. I never thought we'd see the day.

Sherri Papini arrested for making false statements about her kidnapping

Officials announced that 39-year-old Sherri Papini of Redding was arrested Thursday on charges of making false statements to a federal law enforcement officer and engaging in mail fraud.

<snip>

According to the criminal complaint filed in this case, on Nov. 2, 2016, Papini was reported missing, and extensive searches were conducted for her in Shasta County and California as well as in several other states.

<snip>

The DOJ says that in truth, Papini had been voluntarily staying with a former boyfriend in Costa Mesa and had harmed herself to support her false statements.

<snip>

According to the DOJ, in an interview conducted by a federal agent and a Shasta County Sheriff’s Office detective in August 2020, Papini was warned that it was a crime to lie to federal agents. She was presented with evidence that showed she had not been abducted. Instead of retracting her kidnapping story, Papini continued to make false statements about her purported abductors. In addition, Papini caused the California Victim’s Compensation Board to pay victim assistance money based on her kidnapping story. From 2017 through 2021, Papini’s request for victim assistance caused approximately 35 payments totaling over $30,000, including for visits to her therapist and for the ambulance that transported her to the hospital after her return.

Wow! I never thought I'd see the day after all this time. As both someone who was 100 percent in the fake kidnapping camp, and a Hispanic woman, I am definitely experiencing some schadenfreude right about now.

She really leaned in too, getting money afterwards too. I'm going to have to go back and reread the article which talked about a tip about a former boyfriend, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how her husband feels about it now? I did not think that he was necessarily in on it, but I think that he believed that something was odd about the whole thing.

Bringing forward the old the article that first referenced a tip:

Sherri Papini case remains unsolved four years after kidnapping

The man called the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office a few months ago claiming that Papini was with him for the entire 22 days that she was supposedly held captive by her gun-toting abductors, a law enforcement source told The Post.

“He said, basically, that it was a hoax,” the source said.

there was so much about this case that was unbelievable, starting with the neatly wrapped and placed headphones at the mailbox.

Last edited:
This one has always infuriated me because I was convinced she was going to get away with it.

It was Jussie Smollet before there was Jussie Smollet, only even more ridiculous.

Same! It's about time! I'm only shocked at two things in this case: 1. They finally arrested her and 2. She was still trying to make money off her stunt!!!

This woman is crazy.

From the article that first referenced a tip:

Sherri Papini case remains unsolved four years after kidnapping

The man called the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office a few months ago claiming that Papini was with him for the entire 22 days that she was supposedly held captive by her gun-toting abductors, a law enforcement source told The Post.

“He said, basically, that it was a hoax,” the source said.

there was so much about this case that was unbelievable, starting with the neatly wrapped and placed headphones at the mailbox.

I hope he does an interview!!!

Just saw about the Papini arrest on a local news site and did not even read the article but came to WS. (Many here will know the link because of news from the emerald triangle of far north coast California which is adjacent to Shasta county and notorious for various reasons). I always thought her kidnapping was a scam. Now need to read the specifics.

IN A CASE THAT MADE NATIONAL HEADLINES AS A COMMUNITY SEARCHED, SHASTA COUNTY WOMAN, SHERRI PAPINI, ARRESTED TODAY

In a Case That Made National Headlines as a Community Searched, Shasta County Woman, Sherri Papini, Arrested Today – Redheaded Blackbelt (kymkemp.com)

Same! It's about time! I'm only shocked at two things in this case: 1. They finally arrested her and 2. She was still trying to make money off her stunt!!!

This woman is crazy.
They had her dead to rights, confronted her with overwhelming evidence, and she still lied to their faces. What gall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member