Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just scared the next door neighbor's dog screaming "I KNEW IT!!"

Love this^^^. I always thought that she left too. Nothing made any sense. And completely offensive about being attacked by Hispanics. WTH?! Seriously.

That type of "Fake/hoax hate crime" needs to be prosecuted to the full extent.

Just saw about the Papini arrest on a local news site and did not even read the article but came to WS. (Many here will know the link because of news from the emerald triangle of far north coast California which is adjacent to Shasta county and notorious for various reasons). I always thought her kidnapping was a scam. Now need to read the specifics.

IN A CASE THAT MADE NATIONAL HEADLINES AS A COMMUNITY SEARCHED, SHASTA COUNTY WOMAN, SHERRI PAPINI, ARRESTED TODAY

In a Case That Made National Headlines as a Community Searched, Shasta County Woman, Sherri Papini, Arrested Today – Redheaded Blackbelt (kymkemp.com)
I like the name of the linked website, Redheaded Blackbelt. I don't want to mess with her. LOL.

They had her dead to rights, confronted her with overwhelming evidence, and she still lied to their faces. What gall.
It was plain *advertiser censored* stupid. Lying to the Feds is going to get her some serious prison time.

She would have been better off keeping her mouth shut and not tell them anything during that 2020 interview. JMO.

I will never forget coming home Thanksgiving night and saying wait what?? She is back? A couple of weeks ago I was looking around the web for Cameron Gamble, didn’t see any new grifts. That was one wild ride. Glad she didn’t get away with it. Now let’s see who knew.

Maybe we will now find out what the “brand” was.
“She appeared to have lost a considerable amount of weight, and her long blonde hair had been cut much shorter. She had been branded on her right shoulder, although the exact content of the brand was indistinguishable.” The details of what was seared into her skin were never released. In an interview with The Sacramento Bee in 2017, a detective said it contained “obscure letters,” and that Papini allowed detectives to use “alternate light sources and filters” to try to make out what the markings are.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259034893.html#storylink=cpy

In addition, Papini caused the California Victim’s Compensation Board to pay victim assistance money based on her kidnapping story. From 2017 through 2021, Papini’s request for victim assistance caused approximately 35 payments totaling over $30,000, including for visits to her therapist and for the ambulance that transported her to the hospital after her return.

Even after the FBI confronted SP with evidence she made the kidnapping story up in 2020 she continued to receive victim assistance money through 2021.

She sure didn't care but why did the State of California keep giving her money? Unbelievable. JMO.

Shasta County Woman Arrested for Lying to Federal Agents Regarding Kidnapping and Defrauding the Victim Compensation Board

California Mother Vanishes During Jog, Possibly Abducted

Of course. A "Go Give Me Money" account was set up. I wonder how much money they got.

This has really got out of control. There have been several "missing people" who set up the same "Give Me Cash", and were "miraculously" found...
A account opened after her disappearance raised more than $49,000, and court documents say Papini and her husband used some of the funds to pay off her credit cards.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article259034893.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710