Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith confirms that a few strands of hair were found — maybe between three and eight strands — but says “it wasn’t a normal thing.”

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

What about dna on the phone & buds?? Are they testing it? Did Keith pick up the phone when he found it? I am guessing he had to, to confirm it was Sherri's. Did he pick it up and throw it back down in place? Sounds very strange to me.

He was cleared for more reasons than just passing a polygraph.

Yes, and WS is a victim friendly site. Sherri's husband is a *victim* and has my full support and prayers. God Bless him, he's suffering terribly no doubt.

An accident, for example. If you are injured on the side of the road and can't communicate with the medics...it could take a while to ID you and alert your family. I always carry ID, also.
Avid runners and any outdoor endurance athletes are aware of alternate IDs to carry on your person instead of a formal ID. There is Road ID, here is a picture of one example of the bands they sell. I have one that attaches to the shoe lace of my shoe.
098b45ecb9cf3f4cfc390e2d644a842f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In what situation would you ever need your ID?

I often go out for a ride/walk/jog with only my phone and house key. I keep a key separate key to take with me so all my other keys are still home.

(Just checked with Mr. Sneakers - he said he wouldn't think to look or where to look for the spare key.)

The mailbox thing - maybe she everything at home but kept her phone if she thought her husband might reply to her text.

Avid runners and any outdoor endurance athletes are aware of alternate IDs to carry on your person instead of a formal ID. There is Road ID, here is a picture of one example of the bands they sell. I have one that attaches to the shoe lace of my shoe.
098b45ecb9cf3f4cfc390e2d644a842f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wonder if Sherri had an ID like that, since she didn't have her driver's license with her.

several of the reports used the word body.

Keith Papini contacted the police. Authorities conducted several organized searches using scent dogs and helicopters. but said they found no additional signs of the missing woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/find-my-iphone-mom-disappearance_us_58239ddbe4b0aac624890665
Very good. Thanks. Doesn't tell us much more, though. I'd presume they picked up her scent around the home, since she lived there. Probably also along the trail since she regularly ran there. But nothing helpful by the time they brought the dogs.

Perhaps a registered sexual predator in the neighborhood is holding her hostage. I think she went missing the same day they found KB. Maybe perp decided "oh, what a great idea to keep her chained up in a cage!" just like K. So creepy.

In what situation would you ever need your ID?
I take my ID and 1 form of payment every time I set foot out of my house, even if it's just the park a block away. Never know when a situation might arise that you need some ID or cash. Your own accident or injury, getting a phone call your loved one is in hospital, natural disaster (eq etc), or just simply stay out longer than planned and need a snack.

I'm a "better safe than sorry" kinda gal.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Perhaps a registered sexual predator in the neighborhood is holding her hostage. I think she went missing the same day they found KB. Maybe perp decided "oh, what a great idea to keep her chained up in a cage!" just like K. So creepy.
After all the cases of women being held captive, I think it's a strong possibility every day she isn't found. Maybe not in a cage, but held somewhere.

Not sure I'd be quick to dismiss the eyewitness report. Sherri was a jogger. She ran regularly during the day, presumably when the children were in daycare. Her earbuds and phone were about a mile from home along her regular jogging route. Keith seems to be pretty confident in the ID by the people cutting down the tree. Maybe they were even neighbors who recognized her. Besides, they ID'd her within hours of the disappearance. It's not like they were asked days or weeks later to remember if they saw her. We also know there was no sign of a struggle in or near her home. So, even if we can't be certain she was out jogging, it sure looks like it.

I'm not ruling it out. I'm just being more open minded about other possible scenarios. Even the times she was reported seen are conflicting. I'm just not taking it as concrete yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought she was taken from the house but putting that aside, what if she fell or twisted an ankle. That road is gravel. She might have pulled off her earbuds in pain and set the phone down. Along comes a good Samaritan (not) that she recognizes from the area. He offers to drive her home and helps her up and into the car. She may not have remembered her phone.

Now it's a crime of opportunity. No struggle.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I've not ruled out that she had some sort of medical emergency, like getting delirious due to dehydration or something where she could have wandered off and then gotten injured away from the road while delirious. If she for instance was doing a ton of running - like running more or less 3 hours straight - she could have over-done it and caused herself to get medical problems.

Perhaps a registered sexual predator in the neighborhood is holding her hostage. I think she went missing the same day they found KB. Maybe perp decided "oh, what a great idea to keep her chained up in a cage!" just like KB. So creepy.
I do remember a lot was going on here on websleuths beyond KB that day.

There was no way to keep up and do housework.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've not ruled out that she had some sort of medical emergency, like getting delirious due to dehydration or something where she could have wandered off and then gotten injured away from the road while delirious. If she for instance was doing a ton of running - like running more or less 3 hours straight - she could have over-done it and caused herself to get medical problems.
This wouldn't fit with the lack of scent and no sight of her on cameras, unless LE is just saying that and it's not true.

I've been wondering when the mail usually is delivered as well. If it normally shows up early in the day, I could see her running down to grab it at 11 am. If the mail wasn't there yet, she could have decided to walk/jog again later, like at 2pm. Just speculating about multiple possible sightings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's this article. They call them tracking dogs- not cadaver dogs but say, they never tracked the scent of a body. If these were cadaver dogs wouldn't they start at her house? https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacbee...ews/local/article114313103.html?client=safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regarding the scent, did the sheriff say her scent was not picked up *anywhere* or did he say no scent was found at the intersection where the phone was found?

Sometimes it's what they don't say that's important. Maybe they have tracked her jog in another location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member