Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where might someone on foot commit the act? Where would you look? Should e able to be found.

Yep. I'm actually not on the suicide train for this very reason. My ex was a suicide risk to the point that LE and MH professionals helped me remove firearms from our home. No one outside had any clue there was an issue. LE took the guns for safekeeping and only I could release them. If my ex had disappeared, this exact scenario would have unfolded. Missing, family desperate, but not a huge todo, because of known history. Minor callout to the home. But I'm sure he would have been found within a week. Suicide is just not usually this sophisticated. My experience and opinion, and acknowledge we are all different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where might someone on foot commit the act? Where would you look? Should e able to be found.

I posted a few links earlier - one example was Mike Kimsey who was found about a mile away from his home six months after he disappeared. If she hiked or walked or ran for three hours she could have gotten as far as 15 miles away.

FTR I'm not saying she definitely committed suicide, just looking at the possibility - what are the odds? How could she have done it? Where could she be? Etc. Same as with the abduction theory or theory someone who knew her did this and hid her body. Not ruling anything out until we know more. JMO.

I'm not sure that leaving his car at an apartment complex was a red herring. He needed a place to park / meet up with the person he left with. It bought him some time, worried a whole lot of people, and LE was onto his scheme pretty quickly. I've referenced his case here because LE seems to have that same unhurried, not-all-that-concerned pace. However, behind the scenes ... they may know exactly what's what. I hope so.

It was a herring for us sleuthers. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out his ties (if any) to people that lived in the complex.

Some numbers from the CDC in 2014:

Suicide/self-harm death rate: 13 per 100k
Homicide death rate: 5.1 per 100k

So a person is almost three times as likely to commit suicide than to be murdered.

Do we still not know if she had her gun with her? Because the risk of suicide increases with gun ownership. For women gun suicide is second only to poisoning.

I can't figure out how to come up with an abduction/kidnapping number because the categories are different and my math isn't that advanced. :/

No advanced math here, either ... sorry. But since 80% of murders are committed by a relative or otherwise known to the victim, and 20% are committed by a stranger, that means a very small percentage and likelihood of this being random. If she was harmed, chances are, he knew her.

It was a herring for us sleuthers. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out his ties (if any) to people that lived in the complex.

I know. That was the case that brought me to WS. It was a red herring to us, I'm just not sure Nicholas intended it to be. If someone put her phone at that intersection, I believe it was intended to be a red herring to throw off investigators. Unless it truly was a random perp.

I posted a few links earlier - one example was Mike Kimsey who was found about a mile away from his home six months after he disappeared. If she hiked or walked or ran for three hours she could have gotten as far as 15 miles away.

FTR I'm not saying she definitely committed suicide, just looking at the possibility - what are the odds? How could she have done it? Where could she be? Etc. Same as with the abduction theory or theory someone who knew her did this and hid her body. Not ruling anything out until we know more. JMO.

I'm with you. Just thinking how she might be found. Interesting noting that, of course, she might have made some distance and certainly she might have found shelter or some hidden place.

Find her.

I want to know who saw her at 2.
Was. This person alone .

No advanced math here, either ... sorry. But since 80% of murders are committed by a relative or otherwise known to the victim, and 20% are committed by a stranger, that means a very small percentage and likelihood of this being random. If she was harmed, chances are, he knew her.

I agree with that. Suicide is more likely but my gut/hinky meter/whatever is saying someone she knew did this.

Which is sad and scary and look how long it sometimes takes for an arrest. Teresa Sievers was months (I think?) and in Jessica Chambers' case it was an entire year at least.

That has me going back to Sherri grew up there and if it was someone she knew or at least knew her, could it be from her past? I know I read where she had been out of the area for sometime. Maybe her return triggered something with someone. I don't know but I what I would pull out her high school yearbook and see if anyone close to Sherri remembers something. Might be a long shot, but we don't seem to have much of anything else working for her right now.

Isn't that typically done in cases that are an "inside job"? A red herring to deflect LE attention away from themselves? ie, Scott Peterson and the dog? FYI: There was no trace of a crime or foul play of any kind in the Peterson home. Only that Scott had cleaned it to a sparkle. It was never fully determined where he killed her.

Or Cary Stayner driving the Sund's rental car out of Mariposa County, burning it in Tuolumne County and then throwing Carole Sund's wallet out his car window in Modestto (Stanislauis County.) He certainly had the FBI on a wild goose chase, rounding up a cast of characters as POIs, they didn't even appear to know each other, and announcing Yosemite was safe that summer.

I agree with that. Suicide is more likely but my gut/hinky meter/whatever is saying someone she knew did this.

Which is sad and scary and look how long it sometimes takes for an arrest. Missy Bevers was months (I think?) and in Jessica Chambers' case it was an entire year at least.

Was there an arrest in Missy Bevers' case?

That has me going back to Sherri grew up there and if it was someone she knew or at least knew her, could it be from her past? I know I read where she had been out of the area for sometime. Maybe her return triggered something with someone. I don't know but I what I would pull out her high school yearbook and see if anyone close to Sherri remembers something. Might be a long shot, but we don't seem to have much of anything else working for her right now.

For purely selfish and nosy reasons I wish she had a Facebook, and I wish we knew what incident she was referring to wrt to carrying.

Or Cary Stayner driving the Sund's rental car out of Mariposa County, burning it in Tuolumne County and then throwing Carole Sund's wallet out his car window in Modestto (Stanislauis County.) He certainly had the FBI on a wild goose chase, rounding up a cast of characters as POIs, they didn't even appear to know each other, and announcing Yosemite was safe that summer.

Cary and I were pen pals once upon a time ...

Nicholas Francisco left his car in an apartment complex......He was supposed to come home right after work to make cookies with his kids and wife.

Jennifer Huston turned her phone off.

Mom of Two Jennifer Huston Vanishes Without a Trace in Oregon
BY STEVE HELLING•@STEVEHELLING, People Magazine
POSTED ON JULY 30, 2014 AT 3:45PM EST
http://people.com/celebrity/jennifer-huston-mom-of-two-vanishes-without-a-trace-in-oregon/

"And then, she vanished without a trace. Jennifer Huston, a married mother with two small children, hasn’t been seen in nearly a week, leaving behind a frantic family and baffled police. Her bank accounts and credit cards have remained unused. Her cell phone has been turned off."

There was a lady that went missing recently that was suspected suicidal. LE put out flier with a photo, a still shot from surveillance of the last place she was seen (shopping center) and a detailed description of her vehicle complete with license plate number. They asked the public for assistance in locating her and stressed urgency due to suspected suicide. Is this not usual for suspected suicides?

The last abduction I can recall in my area had an incredible sense of urgency with experts being brought from all over and requests for public to join search parties. LE kept a lot to themselves, but they did release a timeline and location of found items.

I know every police department does things differently, but my best guess at this point would be:

1. They know exactly who did what and are quietly gathering evidence. They do not believe the public is in danger and don't need help from the public, so no need to release any information.

Or

2. She did leave voluntarily, so no need for searches etc.

Of course there's a million possibilities. I hope there's some good news soon.

And that shirt in the bushes in the Morgan Harrington case ... that one was bizarre.

There are a lot of similar-sounding street names in Redding, so to clarify:

Media reports state the cell phone and earbuds were found at the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail (40°41'42.14"N, 122°19'6.42"W). This area is less than a mile from her home on Sundust Road.

Incorrect: Sunset Drive is in South Redding (40°35'9.84"N 122°25'18.28"W) - about 10 miles away.

You may try using Google Earth (different than Google maps) - a great tool to get your bearings.

One report said it was tree trimmers in the area that reported seeing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member