Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more with your statements and questions.

Even if the LE in that area don't have the greatest track record when it comes to solving missing person cases, or unrelated issues..they STILL haven't released even the simplest timeline. As you mentioned who took kids to day care, calls/texts to name a few.

I understand they don't want to disclose too much, and it's 'their' job but after this long..they aren't disclosing for a reason. Stopping searches, believing she's out of the area. Also the family isn't saying anything either. Which makes it even more suspious.

And how could they assume she went jogging bc that's what the husband THOUGHT. How reliable is that. There isn't any proof she told ANYONE she went running... Oh, a witness seen a woman running that fits her description. That could easily be inaccurate. I am suprised they took this information and set it in stone, being LE and all!

If she didn't take the kids to daycare. Alibi for that morning, and whole day is just not even of substance. (If you know what I mean)

(Not pointing fingers)
Simply looking at this case from every angle.
re: jogging. My guess is that some or all of these things could be true: (1) she normally jogged when her children were in daycare; (2) her usual jogging outfit, the one they used in the missing persons poster, was apparently missing; (3) her phone, with earbuds, was found near or on her normal jogging route; (4) the eyewitness sighting late morning/early afternoon. It's also possible that her keys were missing, but nothing else, suggesting that she locked the door behind her and left on foot. If the phone was found not all that far from the mailboxes, then she may not have gotten too far from home before being abducted. So, the lack of video footage would not be surprising if there was no camera pointed at the road between her home and the mailboxes.

The phone had to have lost power at the mailboxes or the Find my phone app wouldn't have led Keith to that location.

Either she dropped it there for whatever reason and the phone lost connections or someone left it there and the phone lost connections, but it had to have had wifi or gps at some point at the location it was found.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Could her battery have been super low and just died? Why would someone have to turn the phone off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure we know if he tried to call or text her first. But police *should* be able to see the sequence of attempted contact ... depending on what they meant by "phone lost communication". I don't have an iphone, those are very technologically sophisticated and can do all sorts of things ... so maybe someone else would know more about information contained in a "phone dump".

Yes, they should be able to access all phone records. I noticed in one of the interviews that her sister(?) said Keith made a flurry of phone calls to family members, then called daycare, then used the app to locate Sherri's phone, then called 911.

First post here. Just keep thinking how strange for kp not to call her cell first to see where she was. I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't get past that. What are your thoughts?

Where I live the service is pretty choppy at my house to make calls. Texts usually work fine.

Referring to Sherri's 10:37 text:

Instead of looking at Sherri's 10:37 a.m. text to her husband as "why would she expect him to be home for lunch if it wasn't normal," perhaps it should be looked at as "why is she checking to make sure he wouldn't be home for lunch."

The reason to bring this up is we don't know that Sherri was at home when she text her husband. It's quite possible she had already started out for her walk/jog when she remembered she'd left the gift out. Instead of returning home to put it away, she may have decided to text her husband just to be sure he wouldn't be coming home for lunch.

The phone had to have lost power at the mailboxes or the Find my phone app wouldn't have led Keith to that location.

Either she dropped it there for whatever reason and the phone lost connections or someone left it there and the phone lost connections, but it had to have had wifi or gps at some point at the location it was found.

I don't think we can say with any level of certainty at all that the phone was found near the mailboxes or in a well traveled area. So far we've had descriptions of the phone being found at the intersection where the mailboxes are (but not necessarily near the mailboxes), down the road on Old Oregon Trail, and on the jogging trail that runs parallel to Sunrise. I think people stating it was near the mailboxes were simply inferring that from Keith's description of finding it at the intersection. However, if something was a hundred feet down the road he might still say that if that was the closest intersection.

We do know that *some* evidence was down the road a bit from the mailboxes, but it's unclear if that includes the phone or if the phone was found in a different location. If it was simply along the road on Old Oregon Trail where the images are from, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it sat there for hours undiscovered. It's a rural area and I doubt there's much foot traffic on these roads. I doubt even the jogging trail gets much foot traffic.

Could her battery have been super low and just died? Why would someone have to turn the phone off?

Yes. Battery could have died, been removed, phone turned off, damaged or simply in an area of no Internet connection.

But IF this is what LE means by the phone losing connections at noon it had to have happened where Keith found it because find my phone needs Internet connection, it's only going to log the last place it had wifi or gps.

Some have speculated that "losing connections" means the last time she communicated, and nothing to do with the phone, but in my opinion "connections" is a pretty specific word, usually used for electronics. If I dropped a call midconversation with my husband I would say I lost connection, not lost communication. And if I hadn't heard from my husband all day I wouldn't say I lost connections with him. This part is all jmo.

Have you seen all my comments about KP? Not once have I thought he was guilty. I believe him completely. I'm just thinking that Since LE doesn't have much to work with, they are going to go over what they have over and over again with the FBI's help. The FBI has more technological resources, and where Sherri's phone was found, how long it was there, is pretty important. I just stated that they'd check both their phones more thoroughly because that's what they have to do. My heart breaks for KP and the children.

I don't think you're going to find it. I have read almost every post on all 4 threads and I don't recall seeing any verifiable
source providing any information about the evidence found at the side of the road. All we have is a couple short pieces
of video shot by a reporter covering the story. That's it. No official information whatsoever.

No official source on what that black fabric-type thing is.
No official source on where, precisely, the phone was found.
No official source on whether or not the phone and earbuds were found together.

I was here when this was disected the first time. I went back and spent a long time loking for it and I see there were snipped and deleted posts since there was information from comments on the facebook page and news stories. It seemed to be a pretty clear explaination, but apparently did not hold up to WS scruity, so its now uncorroborated. Oh well.

My point was it can go more than one way, especially with no solid evidence. LE doesn't assume just bc it's a routine for this woman that HAS to be what happened....LE needs proof..I don't see any, other than they found items of her within a mile of her home. Litterally that's ALL we know for sure when it comes to Sherri.
(Not anyone else's actions)

I myself have a routine daily, but sometimes things happen and may cause a disrupt in my daily routine.

re: jogging. My guess is that some or all of these things could be true: (1) she normally jogged when her children were in daycare; (2) her usual jogging outfit, the one they used in the missing persons poster, was apparently missing; (3) her phone, with earbuds, was found near or on her normal jogging route; (4) the eyewitness sighting late morning/early afternoon. It's also possible that her keys were missing, but nothing else, suggesting that she locked the door behind her and left on foot. If the phone was found not all that far from the mailboxes, then she may not have gotten too far from home before being abducted. So, the lack of video footage would not be surprising if there was no camera pointed at the road between her home and the mailboxes.

Adding to your thoughts ... it appears to me that LE doesn't consider "suspicious circumstances" to be the same thing as a crime ... therefore, they wouldn't be treating the phone location and / or her home as a crime scene. Unless and until they have evidence that a crime was committed. Am I seeing that correctly?

There's an article from Redding.com that talks about the classifications, which basically yes, there isn't evidence of a crime

I was here when this was disected the first time. I went back and spent a long time loking for it and I see there were snipped and deleted posts since there was information from comments on the facebook page and news stories. It seemed to be a pretty clear explaination, but apparently did not hold up to WS scruity, so its now uncorroborated. Oh well.

Yes, facebook is not an official source. LE has released very little information.

I'm trying to figure out why would police cover evidence with a glove, since they need clear photos for their case. We know they took clear photos of whatever is under that glove ... so why not release those? It tells me it's something they don't want the public to know about. But then why release that pic at all? The black glove has stirred up a lot of misinformation (part of her jacket, a running band / pack, an abductors glove) if it's just a police glove covering evidence.

I just listened again to the Action News Videos. I don't understand all of the codes that were used. One of the videos has a shot of the back window of a vehicle with "K9 TEAM, Shasta County Search and Rescue" in white letters. I think he said the Search and Rescue Team was Thursday. No mention of the type of K9s used. I also don't know where the K9 search was done.

Reported missing on Wednesday 11/02/2016 at 5:51 pm
Helicopter did a flare which checked for body heat - negative
Limited ground search
Integrated NCIC
Started interviews with family​

Thursday 11/03/2016
Ground Search by Detectives and the Search and Rescue Team
AB 109 Team searching all the 296 Registrants in the area - doing searches of their premises and residences​

After Friday 11/04/2016
"Totten said that at least 100 volunteers showed up to help search. “[This] included K9 units, ATV’s, two private helicopters, a private drone as well as volunteers on horseback,” she explained. “We worked closely with the family and friends of the family. We also worked with Nor Cal Alliance for Missing Persons and several others groups who set up food and parking for the searchers.”​

Description of searches on Wednesday 11/02/2016 and Thursday 11/03/2016
Action News Now - Three Videos
https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o
Avijah Scarbrough interview of LE in first video has
Description of searches done on day 1 and day 2​

Description of Search on/after Friday 11/04/2016
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-h...lieved-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

The evidence was located on 11/02/2016 after the call from her husband. Twilight ended at 6:32 pm that day so I think the evidence was covered for the night and processed the next day, 11/03/2016.

Reposted from thread #3
11/14/2016, 10:15 pm
Post # 1150
marinthinker

We were on Daylight Savings Time on November 2nd. There still was lots of light at sunset, 6:03 pm. Twilight ended that day at 6:32 pm

November 2, 2016, Pacific Daylight Savings Time in California
Sunset at 6:03 pm.
Twilight at 6:32 pm

November 2016 - Redding, California - Sunrise and sunset calendar
http://sunrise-sunset.org/us/redding-ca

My point was it can go more than one way, especially with no solid evidence. LE doesn't assume just bc it's a routine for this woman that HAS to be what happened....LE needs proof..I don't see any, other than they found items of her within a mile of her home. Litterally that's ALL we know for sure when it comes to Sherri.
(Not anyone else's actions)

I myself have a routine daily, but sometimes things happen and may cause a disrupt in my daily routine.
No one knows what happened yet. All I'm saying is that a case can be made that Sherri went jogging.

I was looking at Google Maps at the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Dr and in street view it looks like Sunrise turns into a gravel road. I can't seem to street view at the Sunrise Dr and Sundust Rd intersection, but I wonder if it's the same sort of terrain. From Sundust to Old Oregon, it's about a mile. I don't know what to make of these facts yet, but thought they might be worth mentioning.

Is it possible she disappeared on her own? She checked to see if her husband would be home for lunch, left for her walk/run about that time and just didn't come home? I don't know. I feel like it's not that "simple" but I also know it's really easy to get caught up in it automatically being a crime.

I hope the family can get some answers soon.

Brings GS up a good point that I am just thinking about..... if she were going to check mail then she would have a Kay on her if they are locked mail boxes..... do we know if these are locked or unlocked boxes?

I was wondering about surveillance, too ... since messing with mail is a federal offense. But if they had that footage, I think this case would be solved ...

Referring to Sherri's 10:37 text:

Instead of looking at her Sherri's 10:37 a.m. text to her husband as "why would she expect him to be home for lunch if it wasn't normal," perhaps it should be looked at as "why is she checking to make sure he wouldn't be home for lunch."

The reason to bring this up is we don't know that Sherri was at home when she text her husband. It's quite possible she had already started out for her walk/jog when she remembered she'd left the gift out. Instead of returning home to put it away, she may have decided to text her husband just to be sure he wouldn't be coming home for lunch.

I very much like the way you think, Aeronomy...thank you!

Adding to your thoughts ... it appears to me that LE doesn't consider "suspicious circumstances" to be the same thing as a crime ... therefore, they wouldn't be treating the phone location and / or her home as a crime scene. Unless and until they have evidence that a crime was committed. Am I seeing that correctly?

And unfortunately that's how Tera's case is classified and look how that turned out.

Thank you tuliptiptoe for your answers!! I brought up the phone losing communications at noon to possibly dispute the 2pm sighting. This leaves the tree cutters at 11am. If there sighting is correct ,we have a hour . It is possible no houses have cameras in the area she traveled .

I was looking at Google Maps at the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Dr and in street view it looks like Sunrise turns into a gravel road. I can't seem to street view at the Sunrise Dr and Sundust Rd intersection, but I wonder if it's the same sort of terrain. From Sundust to Old Oregon, it's about a mile. I don't know what to make of these facts yet, but thought they might be worth mentioning.

Is it possible she disappeared on her own? She checked to see if her husband would be home for lunch, left for her walk/run about that time and just didn't come home? I don't know. I feel like it's not that "simple" but I also know it's really easy to get caught up in it automatically being a crime.

I hope the family can get some answers soon.
Nothing has been ruled out, as far as I know. If she did take off, what would we expect to see? Some means of supporting herself? Transportation? A disguise? Fake ID? Hints that she was seriously disaffected with her present life? I'm just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha