Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stepped back last night because I didn't understand what was happening on the thread. This case has been crazy but I have to say I was shocked by some reactions to the presser.

I know I keep referencing AH and N Kibby but that is because I do see parallels.

When AH was released, I think it was the next day or so, a sketch of a suspect was released. Then when Kibby was arrested, he did not resemble the sketch at all, in looks or even age. Some still made accusations, more so on SM than here but it turned out AH had lied giving the description of who abducted her. Kibby had threatened to harm her family if she told. She was so badly traumatized after 9 months of HELL that she was too fearful to tell them who had done it for a while.

My point is. SP has told LE 2 armed hispanic females. For all we know it may not be the truth. It's very early days.

That's all I wanted to say. I will be here, but I will be waiting for more details.

I really don't think this was a hoax, a strange case it is and lots have muddied the waters but after sleeping on it I don't believe it was a hoax at all. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

As I said many pages ago, I'm shocked and very happy that Sherri is home with her family alive. It's not what I expected at all. I'm not going to call this anything other than an abduction unless another scenario becomes obvious. I'm now confused whether she was abducted by these two women or just released by them or both. I'm going to assume it's both for now.

So my first question about an abduction allegedly by two Latina women with a gun is...was this random stranger abduction or was Sherri targeted? I can't imagine that these two women just happened upon a jogging Sherri near the mailboxes and deciding on the spur of the moment..."Let's abduct that one."

I believe Sherri was specifically targeted by two women who either had known her or knew about her. I think they were waiting in the area to take her. I propose that there had been prior words or even veiled threats, perhaps on FB, that led the family to immediately assume she had been abducted and was taken out of the area, even mentioning Mexico. It's quite likely they suspected who these women or a connection were, based on previous FB comments. (I have not seen Sherri's FB pages).

This would explain the search ending quickly and the relative silence of the family and LE. It would explain the highly publicized reverse ransom sanctioned by the family.

So why would they abduct Sherri? Perhaps to settle a current or long-standing dispute or grudge or even to teach her a lesson. Possibly there was someone who was obsessed with Sherri and they were taking her to him. Perhaps to punish one of Sherri's family members for something. And other possible reasons I won't explore.

Why release her unharmed? They may have accomplished their purpose. They didn't want to be found with her. The well-publicized reward/ransom made it too dangerous to keep her. They may even have negotiated with CG and received money. Or Sherri convinced them somehow. I don't think they ever intended to kill her. It's quite likely they took fairly good care of her. I don't think Sherri was held anywhere near where she was dropped off. It's only about 1 hour 30 minutes west out of the valley to Clear Lake and even more remote areas beyond.

Whatever happened, it would have been extremely traumatic for Sherri. Her life will never be the same, but at least she is back in the loving arms of her family. I'm thankful for that. It could have been so much worse.

Did they feed her for 3 weeks as well?

Hopefully we will learn more.

Agree. I have no problem with a person that needs to jump ship for a little bit.

But hopefully it isn't a hoax since a hoax will deter police to truly search for others.

Plus we don't need some people figuring out that the best way to raise $50k is by faking an abduction.

So hopefully this is a sincere case.

The 50k (or however much it was) makes me nervous. What if someone abducts someone and contacts CG saying we want the same deal? He can't say SP's life was worth more, can he? Would the anonymous donor step up for someone else?

I doubt it would happen like that but crazier things have happened.

I feel terrible for Sherri and her family regardless of the circumstances of her disappearance. I remain open minded. Crazier stories have been proven to be true. Remember this one? https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...ns-20160801-snap-story,amp.html?client=safari

Also, someone suggested that because Nicholas Francisco (my former coworker) didn't get empathy Sherri doesn't deserve empathy if she voluntarily left. But there is one big difference. Sherri came back. Nicholas never did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why release her?
Think about it.
Armed kidnapping.

Do u risk releasing her and getting caught?
Do u release her for the money and risk getting. Caught?
The only way they can maybe get away is if she never saw them.
Most kidnappers do not release their victims
Jmo

I stepped back last night because I didn't understand what was happening on the thread. This case has been crazy but I have to say I was shocked by some reactions to the presser.

I know I keep referencing AH and N Kibby but that is because I do see parallels.

When AH was released, I think it was the next day or so, a sketch of a suspect was released. Then when Kibby was arrested, he did not resemble the sketch at all, in looks or even age. Some still made accusations, more so on SM than here but it turned out AH had lied giving the description of who abducted her. Kibby had threatened to harm her family if she told. She was so badly traumatized after 9 months of HELL that she was too fearful to tell them who had done it for a while.

My point is. SP has told LE 2 armed hispanic females. For all we know it may not be the truth. It's very early days.

That's all I wanted to say. I will be here, but I will be waiting for more details.

I really don't think this was a hoax, a strange case it is and lots have muddied the waters but after sleeping on it I don't believe it was a hoax at all. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

We're all waiting for details, that's for sure. Above all else, I want the truth, no matter what the truth is.

jmo

My issue is that the Sheriff has asked the public to call in with any tips regarding the very vague description. I think he should of waited to ask the public for tips until more details can be released.
If sherri was blindfolded she wouldn't be able to see the women. I'd rather have donething to go on versus nothing. It's a start...nothing more...I wouldn't mind If they said 2 white women...it's a way to start the identification process...if sheriff didn't share that info and we knew it, we would complain they should of told the public

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

l read most of this last night and the rest this morning. Such an "edge of your seat" case. l am slightly leaning towards hoax, but really, anything is possible!

l love reading everyone's POV.

It does worry me the sheriff asked the public to report any tips about 'two hispanic women in a dark SUV' to them. With such a vague description, I worry this will create unnecessary profiling and harassment.
ETA: I hope they release a more detailed description soon.

Uh..yes! I am appalled that such a vague and generic description was given. It invites harrassment, profiling, etc. There's no way it shouldn't have at least included an age range.

Provided she was conscious when she was dropped at the side of the road, she should (hopefully) be able to give LE many pieces of information
She may be able to give them a guesstimate of how long she was driven before she was let go.

She could have heard many bits of conversation

Perhaps she sensed or saw things about her surroundings

Why release her?
Think about it.
Armed kidnapping.

Do u risk releasing her and getting caught?
Do u release her for the money and risk getting. Caught?
The only way they can maybe get away is if she never saw them.
Most kidnappers do not release their victims
Jmo
She may have escaped... Countless abduction survivors have escaped captivity.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

one thing in the video the negotiator made after the deadline when the reward was offered instead, he said something to the affect of 'you don't know who you have taken'. makes me think perhaps her family, or her dad is an important person that would be targeted, like politically or something where people might get angry with him and do something to his children.

The sheriff stated that she was "released"..not that she escaped.

If she managed to escape from a moving car, it could explain the "battering." <modsnip>

During the press conference, someone asked the sheriff if the reverse ransom played a role in recovering Sherri. He flat-out said, "No." Thought that was interesting.

She disappeared from one location and found in another. Which LE agency is in charge of the investigation?

If the female abductors had a stash house towns away; Then why were they in Sherris neighborhood?

Now if it was for rape purposes and a man was involved; Then okay.

But if this isn't a rape/torture case or ransome case or revenge case; Then why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966