Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherri should play the lottery at this moment judging by all the luck and unique situations that happen to her recently

1. 2 female abuctors
2. Not raped as they were female
3. 3 weeks together and nothing happened to her
4. She was voluntary let go
5. On thanksgiving...

sounds like the most comfortable abduction ever!

To be fair and clear, they did not say whether she had or had not been sexually assaulted.

I'm still of the belief it was indeed an abduction and nice to finally hear it called that. IMO, it's more probable that she was specifically targeted since SP was in a more remote area and the abductors were well prepared. Likely LE has had this vehicle description for some time, too. She did appear to have a separate FB account that was shut down immediately following her abduction, IMO it holds answers to the connection. That said...what they intended to do with her is still questionable. (yes, I'm going there again). But I feel it's so important to break some of the myths regarding trafficking, especially is CA where it is very active. Traffickers are not only men. Often the girls/women who were forced into trafficking (after severe drug use-voluntary and forced), become traffickers. There are countless stories of women called "bottoms" who play active roles in trafficking. I'm not saying this is what I believe happened to SP. But I think it definitely holds merit and should not be taken lightly. I'm am ecstatic that SP is home with her family and pray for healing.

http://abc7.com/news/5-arrested-in-san-gabriel-based-human-trafficking-ring/1481561/

http://sharedhope.org/the-problem/trafficking-terms/

Trafficking victims are almost exclusively runaways, abducted teens, prostitutes, or non-English speaking migrants.

Am I the only one hoping for some level of protection for the children right now? I am worried about their safety after this... this... story.

No. I think if anyone is disturbed enough to fabricate such a thing, then something is very wrong and they could be at risk. ETA: I just read Sillybilly's admonishment so I hope this isn't out of line. I;m not sure what happened here but feel...odd.

Agreed. She was not even kept overnight in the hospital for obervation..if there is real trauma she would still in be the hospital and getting help before she could be around her boys and at home..must not have been that bad...whatever happened..

I agree. If she had left voluntarily against medical advice I think we may have heard some different things at the presser. Otherwise, if she did experience a mental health or neurological issue, she would likely stay overnight.

How wonderfull she was found and is safe! I don't believe it was a hoax. She was found at 4:30 am in restraints, responders unbound her. You can't restrain yourself, and I doubt her husband and family created this scenario for money.

Oh yes you can:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/32...in-simpsonville-motel-room-filed-false-report

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...invasion-charged-faking-terrifying-story.html

The mention of "early morning run" threw me off. Maybe that's what she told LE forgetting that she texted her husband at 10:30. There are so many unanswered questions. I find it super strange that 2 women are responsible for this and that they held her for 3 weeks.

The presser actually said a late morning jog. I don't know where the "early morning run" came from.

The presser actually said a late morning jog. I don't know where the "early morning run" came from.

That may have been my fault, I think I typed 'early morning jog' because I swear that is what I heard.

I am thankful she is alive, though I'd also have to admit, I thought she was all along, so this comes as no surprise.

JMO, and this is said gently...but I think it might be wise to allow people to feel what they actually feel about this case rather than advising them how they should feel. There are bound to be many mixed emotions at best.

While I agree with that, WS is a victim friendly forum and right now, until or unless LE states otherwise, Sherri is a victim.

Imo, the truth needs to come out, not just for the local taxpayers but for those folks who gave money to accumlate $50k or so. And all funds need to be returned if this was a voluntary disappearance for any reason.

LE funds are stretched to the max everywhere. No one can afford to look for people who are determined not to be found. If this is what happened.

Jmo

Yes. And who is the person that sent us that link in the first place? They posted that link, deleted it shortly after then left.

I'm finding it a little ironic being that she was writing about her problems with Latino women from school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was me. Was so nervous posting something that could be construed as disparaging (though hard to see how linking to someone's own words is disparaging). Now it seems so blatantly and transparently relevant.

Please check my hearing (and my sanity while we're at it) - did the sheriff say that they didn't know whether or not this was a stranger abduction? How can that be? "Do you know these people?" would be one of my first questions to her, if I need to find them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes that leapt out at me, surely it was the first question they asked Sherri.

I'm going with ransom kidnap or hoax. The husband's public pleas "I wish I was there with you" made me think kidnap.

My son had a female friend kidnapped right in front of him in Vegas. He immediately called the police, who began asking him "where's the body"? Fortunately there was video from the liquor store where she was taken and he was cleared. 3 guys grabbed her in public and tossed her in a car.The police said if they didn't find her within 72 hours, she would be moved out of state....sex traffickers. They kept her in a house and kept giving her drugs, saying no one would miss her and they were her family now. On day 3, they left her alone in a room. She grabbed a knife and one of the guy's wallets from a dresser and jumped from the 2nd story window and got away. The wallet helped police with the arrests.

My point is if Sherri was being trafficked for 3 weeks, she would likely have had addiction issues which needed hospitalization. Such a strange story.

This does seem incredibly odd. And my thoughts exactly. What would 2 women want with another woman for 3 weeks and then just dump her off after that time, on Thanksgiving even. Something rings very bizarre to me. Really hoping we get more info in the coming days.

Ok what if the two women were bottoms in some kind of ring, maybe SP was sold to someone for some period of time. Then this case was just not going away and the uppers, if that's even the name, instructed the women to release her because of all the heat. Wondering what the rape kit shows.

If she created this hoax, for whatever reason (boyfriend, needed a break, wanted money or attention) then I think she must have had help. And/Or maybe she was stockpiling supplies somehow to live in the woods or wherever. I'm sure Le is looking into purchases, and electronic records.

I also think it's really odd that KP must have been privy to her safety around 5-6 am but continued with the thanksgiving event, poem and balloon release. It's all just really weird.

We should be thankful she is alive for her family and friends on this holiday,too often we are giving condolences.

You are very right. It's disheartening to read about so many tragic outcomes. But these children still have their mama. Her parents still have their daughter. Her husband isn't busy with funeral arrangements. Those are all very positive things we can agree on about this case.

Glad she is home. I am staying down in the rabbit hole. It just feels safe right now and wonderful company down hereLOL. Pass me some turkey please........Already had our Canadian Thanksgiving.

Do you eat Turkey for Thanksgiving there and when is it?

Please check my hearing (and my sanity while we're at it) - did the sheriff say that they didn't know whether or not this was a stranger abduction? How can that be? "Do you know these people?" would be one of my first questions to her, if I need to find them.

That may have been my fault, I think I typed 'early morning jog' because I swear that is what I heard.

I 100% heard the sheriff say early morning jog or run. EARLY MORNING. It jumped out as me as weird or a misstatement.

Human trafficking a problem in Yolo County, says DA
Jan 12, 2016

Snipped...

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20160112/NEWS/160119988

Sorry. Not among 30 year old, middle class blonde women jogging along. Prostitutes? Yeah. Teens, especially runaways? Yeah. Immigrants? Yup. Not ladies like Sherri.

Presser said she was abducted during an early morning run. That doesn't jive with a 10:30 ish text to her husband to find out if he was coming home from lunch. Two Hispanic females in an dark SUV with a handgun took her. She was found on rural road (170?) at Interstate 5 where she flagged down a passing motorist. She was taken to the hospital with some undisclosed injuries. LE refused to comment on other questions since it's an open investigation.
Thank Goodness. Another thing to be thankful for.
13fe562522fcfa2746177c1db0d788a4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said "late morning jog" at 3:20 in PC

Conflicting details from Sheriff.

Answer to Question at 8:27
"She was out for an early morning jog"... and it appears she was abducted from near that location where her cell phone and earbuds were located.
https://www.facebook.com/KRCR7/videos/vb.149449895109960/1241680065886932/?type=3&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member