Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was standing at the bathroom sink this morning both shaving and thinking about this case, and a few words kept popping into mind……… chiseled features, handsome, rippling abs, rugged good looks, boyish charm …… you know what, let’s not dwell on those thoughts right now, but instead let’s dwell on the thoughts about what might be going on with Sherri.

For now I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt, because I did read news reports that said she was both restrained and battered up pretty good when she was discovered. Some of these criminal types have pretty bizarre motives for the things they do.

We hear about people that commit murder in order to steal babies, booby-trap the cops, go on hours-long police chases, blow people away for not “respecting” them, etc. None of this makes sense to a logical person, but it makes total sense to the perps. This case may prove to be similar, with the entire motive being nonsensical and bizarre. She might even be having some of that Stockholm Syndrome effect going on in her head.

I was extremely shocked last night when I was stuffing my face with a third round of turkey and dressing and read on Fox News that she had been found. Not shocked as with a cattle prod or a stun gun…..but shocked as in…..whaaaaat ? I wasn’t able to get on Websleuths most of the day yesterday because I instead had to sit around and hear the same stories from relatives that I’ve heard repeatedly since the age of 5.

For now I’ll play along and offer Sherri the benefit of the doubt. LE will be able to establish if her story has validity or not. If they poke holes in her version of events and things don’t seem to add up, we’ll hear about it. But for now I’m glad she was found alive and also glad that her kids don’t have to grow up wondering what happened to her.

Don’t forget about not too long ago where the woman disappeared and then re-appeared and everybody was chiding her and her boyfriend and saying it was all made up. As it turned out, she was actually abducted and held for a short time by a complete psycho, a psycho who has since been arrested and charged with it.

Steelman, I think we all owe you a debt of gratitude for offering yourself up as a decoy to solve this case. Thank the Dear Lord that your wife "couldn't find" the necessary props.

Did anyone else notice how Sheila Koestner said she was "very joyous" but the entire time was *very grave and serious.*

Has anyone seen anything about the ransom and reward money that was in play before the reappearance being converted to a reward for info leading to the apprehension of the captors?

I've been trying to keep up on the news stories and assume the answer is no, but maybe I missed something....

I assume you're responding to the quote from the woman who said she called 911 but couldn't stop in time? I thought that was REALLY weird too. I guess with all the craziness these days, if it was a lone woman maybe she didn't feel safe to stop? It was 4:30 a.m. so pitch dark. But it did catch my attention.

If I came upon a woman who was bound and chained by the side of the road in obvious need of help I probably would not get out of my car but I would call for help...911... and stay as close to her as possible...in my car..with the door locked...until help arrived. I do. t care if I was going to be late to work!

The only thing that stood out from the above for me was when she was asked where she was when she found out Sherri had been found.

Long pause.

"Um... I heard on Thanksgiving morning that she was found."

Yes, that pause was very odd...

I heard it, too.

If I thought my sister was dead, and then found out she was alive, I think I would be ECSTATIC! :happydance:

The only thing that stood out from the above for me was when she was asked where she was when she found out Sherri had been found.

Long pause.

"Um... I heard on Thanksgiving morning that she was found."

Maybe she was looking at her phone in the bathroom and didn't care to share.[emoji848]
fc59b7bad989f9cb9029c63248e1edd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long was she on the side of the road before she was discovered? It's been in the freezing temps these past few nights. Why let her off on a public road leading to the Interstate like that? What if someone had seen her being let out and bound to something there in the area?

"Witnesses say investigators meticulously examined the shoulders of Interstate 5, and the land surrounding this church near where Papini was found."
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/11/24/yolo-reacts-to-sherri-papinis-safe-return-home/

Don't know if this is in any way significant, but it stuck out to me as I read this article, so I searched the area on google maps and there is a Jehova's Witness church right there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...bd68d46dac602!8m2!3d38.6785157!4d-121.7732971

"Witnesses say investigators meticulously examined the shoulders of Interstate 5, and the land surrounding this church near where Papini was found."
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/11/24/yolo-reacts-to-sherri-papinis-safe-return-home/

Don't know if this is in any way significant, but it stuck out to me as I read this article, so I searched the area on google maps and there is a Jehova's Witness church right there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...bd68d46dac602!8m2!3d38.6785157!4d-121.7732971

Hmm, interesting...churches don't usually have security cameras?

Thank you for your compassion. There are many reasons to delay one day to see her children. All of the reasons are legitimate and some may reflect her concern for her children's well-being...not seeing Mommy emotional and bruised. <modsnip>

I can easily see myself making the same decision, if I was in similar situation. I would just be so glad, knowing my children were safe and sound, that i would not be worried about not seeing them immediately, if I were bruised emotionally and physically, and fragile. She knows they are loved and cared for where they are right now. She can put the focus on getting some rest and nutrition and care so they can be reunited soon.

Maybe she was looking at her phone in the bathroom and didn't care to share.[emoji848]
fc59b7bad989f9cb9029c63248e1edd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I was at home when I was called" would have been perfectly appropriate in that circumstance.

I only wonder why the secrecy is all. Surely there's nothing incriminating or potentially case-threatening by stating where you were when you were told...?

But then I also wonder why the question. Do the press know where she was? I.e. Perhaps she was setting up for balloon release/ poem etc.

Maybe they were trying to point out the obvious fact that it was odd to have continued with that particular activity knowing that Sherri had been found.

All MOO and just tumbling thoughts around.

"I was at home when I was called" would have been perfectly appropriate in that circumstance.

I only wonder why the secrecy is all. Surely there's nothing incriminating or potentially case-threatening by stating where you were when you were told...?

But then I also wonder why the question. Do the press know where she was? I.e. Perhaps she was setting up for balloon release/ poem etc.

Maybe they were trying to point out the obvious fact that it was odd to have continued with that particular activity knowing that Sherri had been found.

All MOO and just tumbling thoughts around.

By the time that question was asked, she had refused to answer the questions asked, and I think the reporter gave her a completely easy question so at least they'd have something to report. Asking the sister where she was and how she found out was kind of a "feel good" thing where she could express how relieved she felt. But she didn't answer it.

I haven't been on WS for a long time - maybe since Mickey Shunick. Oh, and Kortne Stouffer, because I lived about 5 miles away at the time of her disappearance.
This case brought me back here solely due to the hink factor.
Maybe my radar's off, but it seems to me that just slightly too many individual elements are just slightly too unusual to all have occurred in a single case without extraordinary, supernatural coincidence or divine intervention.
I have no idea what will come out and I'm not here to dispute anyone else's opinion or annoy anyone, but I know if I want to find out what's going on with a case as it's happening, this is the one stop shop, so here I am.
I recognize a few usernames, but it had been so long, I'd forgotten mine! Probably something with Jury in it. ;-)
I've plowed through a few threads and my vision's getting blurry.
Looking forward to following you folks' thought-threads on this one.
It's quite intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But then we are back to discussing motive... what possible motive could there be for not just one (so potentially ruling out random/mental illness), but two women to capture another woman to put her in solitary confinement for 3 weeks, to feed her and then to let her go, without even taking up the offer of 100k, LE free?

I doubt they set out to have it unfold the way it did. Here is a possible, speculative scenario:

They wanted to add to their crew of forced sex workers. They see a petite pretty blonde running alone in a remote area. They grab her, planning to sell her to the mob in charge.

But all of the crazy publicity may have prevented them form selling her or sending her to them. So they were stuck with her while they decided what to do. And maybe they are not cold blooded killers, and so they hesitated, not knowing what to do.

It is also possible that the real abductor threatened to kill her family if she gave an accurate description and account of what happened. So she had to make up something far from the truth to save them?

By the time that question was asked, she had refused to answer the questions asked, and I think the reporter gave her a completely easy question so at least they'd have something to report. Asking the sister where she was and how she found out was kind of a "feel good" thing where she could express how relieved she felt. But she didn't answer it.

She was certainly very guarded and careful in her responses. Which says nothing, of course. It's been a stressful time for them.

I think we all just wish we had a bit more to either go on or to be able to discuss things fully. At the moment, it feels like limbo land!

I doubt they set out to have it unfold the way it did. Here is a possible, speculative scenario:

They wanted to add to their crew of forced sex workers. They see a petite pretty blonde running alone in a remote area. They grab her, planning to sell her to the mob in charge.

But all of the crazy publicity may have prevented them form selling her or sending her to them. So they were stuck with her while they decided what to do. And maybe they are not cold blooded killers, and so they hesitated, not knowing what to do.

It is also possible that the real abductor threatened to kill her family if she gave an accurate description and account of what happened. So she had to make up something far from the truth to save them?

I'm puzzled by LE's lack of clarity. I would think if they believed there was a group of hispanic women snatching innocent women off the street and forcing them into the sex slave trade, there would be a LOT of information out there to help find these women. That is a huge public hazard. As it is, I'm just sensing they're not doing all that much right now. It just seems clear to me that there would be more information - were there others involved, what DID she see (people, location, etc.) and I don't sense they were even in a hurry to interview her further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot