Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, they have that right as long as no one lied or committed fraud in order to obtain those funds/LE resources. We, the public, aren't owed an explanation, IMO. I agree it would be nice to get one though.

I followed a case here on WS a couple of years ago involving the disappearance of a woman who was having a high risk pregnancy (she was in her 40's). Her young adult daughter and brother were frantic. It turns out the woman voluntarily left, may not have been pregnant and may have been suffering emotional/psychological issues. Brother released a quick statement essentially saying, thanks, she's been found and getting help. Oh, and the request for privacy. Sometimes that's all we get.

But in this case someone committed a crime - either the people who took her, or Sherri herself (if she disappeared on her own but said she was kidnapped).

RSBM. Do you have a link to the police log - I've only seen mention that the dispatcher mentioned she may have been badly beaten. (www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...ducted-beaten-chained-20161125-story,amp.html) But I also think people can be mistaken on their calls to police. One witness who made a report, for example, said "She didn't look like she was hurt". (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lif-mom-waving-road-article-1.2887530?0p19G=e)

Why is one report taken as fact over another?

Her face being messed up is COMPLETE speculation. Perhaps she didn't see the kids because she was too emotional, or because she didn't want to disrupt their day, or because she didn't feel up to it, maybe she was too tired.... there are all manner of reasons it could be; I'm just suggesting we leave out claiming she was beaten as fact (and vice versa, as I've said previously). We just don't need it to be a factor right now when we don't KNOW.

JMO.

One report is provided by a motorist who got a glimpse of her at night going by at 65 mph. The other is provided by LE on scene with Sherri. Which report is probably more accurate?

I've seen numerous posts about Sherri not being kept overnight in the hospital. I'm not sure if people realize that hospitals don't just admit a patient because something bad happened. It certainly is possible that she had been beaten, and the hospital didn't need to keep her. If her vital signs were stable, they would send her home. Even if she had a concussion, it wouldn't necessarily mean a hospital stay.

I totally agree. I took a friend of my daughters from college, who had been beaten up by her boyfriend, to the ER one time. He had pummeled her a few days before and she was bruised in a few areas. But they did an exam and released her within a few hours. { I took her there mostly for the police report.]

That is an important observation...

Hope they piece together the case soon!

I am not sure what the car description means exactly "2016 BLU PK" but "female was evasive" seems relevant.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where this report would be printed out again.
2016 BLU PK = pickup

Pickup Truck?

Thanks. I was sent home from the hospital in very bad shape. I live alone and did not have anyone to help, I'm 76 years old and was kinda shocked. That is how it is these days though.

O/T but just ask. Many peoples here have big hearts. Don't be scared to ask for help, here or anywhere else... My heart and mind is with you...... just remember to ask.:heartbeat:

:grouphug: There are some mighty big hearts here! Speaking from experience! :heartbeat: I hope you are better!

I'm reserving judgment for now. Something just doesn't feel right with this case. My hinky meter is going off strongly.
Why isn't there a more detailed description of the abductors. It's WAY TO VAGUE. If you are held that long you had to have seen or heard something that would give the LE more to go on. I mean how did she eat for example? She couldn't look down if blindfolded and see what type of shoe they were wearing? If their legs were thin of thick? What other sounds did she hear that could give away the location? Train whistles? Loud traffic? Chickens or roosters? Dogs or cats? SOMETHING more to go on than a vague description. I get some Susan Smith vibes from the description honestly.
I'm glad she's home and safe and doing better. I just think there should/could be a better description of the perps by now. If you are blindfolded for example, your other senses will kick in. I'm just not getting a good vibe from this case. JMOO of course.

Sure, they have that right as long as no one lied or committed fraud in order to obtain those funds/LE resources. We, the public, aren't owed an explanation, IMO. I agree it would be nice to get one though.

Fair enough. I guess I would provide more information asap so somebody else would not suffer the same fate....

One report is provided by a motorist who got a glimpse of her at night going by at 65 mph. The other is provided by LE on scene with Sherri. Which report is probably more accurate?

One report was provided by a dispatcher who gives other members of LE the information from people who call in.

One report was provided by a person who called in.

I would say they have equal chance of being accurate.

The captors MAY of been Hispanic. SP apparently didn't get to see them. She said that their voices sounded hispanic.

LE knows more than we do. At this point, we don't know what further information Sherri provided. Had she been in the company of these two women long enough, she could perhaps have heard them speaking both in English and Spanish. If they spoke broken English but fluent Spanish, maybe that was enough to convince her that they were Hispanic. But, again, we don't have that information.

I am glad that this woman is alive.

I do not know what will transpire in the investigation, but I DO know that LE does more than they say. At this point they they are investigating what information they have. They will only release info. when they need the help from the public, IMO

Pllease be respectful to the victims at this time and let's keep the thread open
:cheers:

LE knows more than we do. At this point, we don't know what further information Sherri provided. Had she been in the company of these two women long enough, she could perhaps have heard them speaking both in English and Spanish. If they spoke broken English but fluent Spanish, maybe that was enough to convince her that they were Hispanic. But, again, we don't have that information.

Yes...that is why I said MAY

RSBM. Do you have a link to the police log - I've only seen mention that the dispatcher mentioned she may have been badly beaten. (www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-missing-california-mom-abducted-beaten-chained-20161125-story,amp.html) But I also think people can be mistaken on their calls to police. One witness who made a report, for example, said "She didn't look like she was hurt". (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lif-mom-waving-road-article-1.2887530?0p19G=e)

Why is one report taken as fact over another?

Her face being messed up is COMPLETE speculation. Perhaps she didn't see the kids because she was too emotional, or because she didn't want to disrupt their day, or because she didn't feel up to it, maybe she was too tired.... there are all manner of reasons it could be; I'm just suggesting we leave out claiming she was beaten as fact (and vice versa, as I've said previously). We just don't need it to be a factor right now when we don't KNOW.

JMO.

The dispatcher did not "mention" that she "may" be badly beaten. She was relaying exactly what was told to her by the CHP who was actually on the scene.

And yes, it is complete speculation on my part that perhaps she didn't want to see her kids right away for fear her appearance might scare them. Hence, my careful use of the qualifier "may", twice.

Who knows what went down. LE and family had same goal... get live body back. If LE thinks that this is isolated to the super wealthy then the general public really isn't at risk. And the very wealthy are used to being at risk, it goes without saying, so they are, and have been, and always will be at risk of kidnapping for ransom.

I do not know what will transpire in the investigation, but I DO know that LE does more than they say. At this point they they are investigating what information they have. They will only release info. when they need the help from the public, IMO

Pllease be respectful to the victims at this time and let's keep the thread open

Thank you Steleheart! I'm glad SP is alive. Hope we get more answers.

The captors MAY of been Hispanic. SP apparently didn't get to see them. She said that their voices sounded hispanic.

My post was in reply to gitana who initially asked the question. I referenced what the Sheriff stated in the interview (that I linked up thread) and he said in that interview that there were 2 hispanic women armed with a handgun who abducted her and one captor dropped her off on the side of the road.

Nevermind, I see the audio file has now been linked by the MSM you may discuss what you hear on the audio in this thread.

ETA please be sure to link the source with the audio file in the media only thread. carry on

BBM - That is my fundamental problem. The Sheriff asked the public's help to find "two hispanic women in a dark SUV" which is incredibly vague and can lead to unnecessary profiling and harassment. He hasn't followed up with more details since then. He's even stated that the captors being hispanic is based on SP's voice recognition. I am strongly of the opinion that he should of held off asking the public's help until he had more specific details to give.

One report was provided by a dispatcher who gives other members of LE the information from people who call in.

One report was provided by a person who called in.

I would say they have equal chance of being accurate.

The evidentiary value of a media statement by a possible witness who has not been confirmed to have actually been at the scene, and who, if she was, zoomed by in her vehicle, as opposed to an official dispatch from an official dispatcher who is trained to relay precisely what is being told to them by LE that is actually on the scene, would be nonexistent. The latter has evidentiary value. It's an official record and would be admissible in a court of law.

But in this case someone committed a crime - either the people who took her, or Sherri herself (if she disappeared on her own but said she was kidnapped).

Sure, someone did commit a crime. If someone is arrested we may hear about it in the news. The possibility exists, though, that there may never be an arrest (I hope that's not the case).

The point I was making (apparently poorly - sorry) is that the family doesn't owe us (the public) any further information, despite the public's help in searching, spreading the word, contributing to the , etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper