Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the interview with SP's sister Shiela. Why was the question of whether she was employed or not, evaded?

Reporter: I know that she was a dedicated mother. Was she employed in some other fashion? And second, that, as a family have you have you been discussing who may have had a motive to do something like this?
Sheila: That would be a question I would ask Shasta County sheriff's office.
Reporter: Was she employed?
Sheila: I don't have an answer to that question.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...azing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html#ixzz4RH8xdni3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Reporter: Was she employed?
Sheila: I don't have an answer to that question.

Yes, that one had me scratching my head. :thinking:

The sheriff did say that they have only gotten limited information so far from Sherri. Whether that's due to her emotional state or being uncooperative for some reason hasn't been stated.
Pretty sure the sheriff attributed it to her emotional state. He never suggested that Sherri was uncooperative. At this point, it's probably unwise to indulge in innuendo against the victim.

Just because two women released her, doesn't mean two women abducted her. Just saying.

Yes, and just because Sherri said a woman dropped her off, doesn't mean that's what happened. Ms Papini was with her captor/s for three weeks. Desperate to get free. If it was a male who released her, with the promise to say he was a woman, I imagine she would do what he said for her own safety. I would. Until I felt safe for myself and my family to tell the truth. Who knows how she was threatened.

Time will tell. I'm firmly on the fence about the whole thing.

Yes, that one had me scratching my head. :thinking:

I'm not sure I would tell a reporter where she worked. She may have been trying to keep Sherri's workplace out of the media.

Thanks tjack14. Maybe not important, but just want to comment that the articles says "storage container / shed" (not facility).

Thank you for pointing that out, Sillybilly. And I do want to clarify that I don't think her parents were involved at all. Just sometimes this case has some interesting coincidences in general.

<modsnip> the actions of LE are leading to lots of questions and suspicion. Compare this case to the Hannah Graham case, for example. With HG, the police flooded the media with every bit of info they had regarding the suspect, and the media exposure led to an eventual arrest. The fact that nothing is being released about these kidnappers is just unusual (in my limited experience). That's not to say that I think SP is guilty. I have no idea what actually happened, but I do think LE knows where she was and who is guilty, and I think either an arrest or a warrant will happen very soon.

I'm not sure I would tell a reporter where she worked. She may have been trying to keep Sherri's workplace out of the media.

I agree. I think the pressure placed on her sister is unfair. Being 6 months pregnant was already hard enough and emotional for me. I can't imagine also having to deal with my sibling gone missing and being the family spokesperson. She was probably exhausted and maybe even got overwhelmed with all the questions and attention. I can't imagine she got good sleep that whole month.

The main assmption is that CHP is "police officers who unfortunately deal with it and see it on a regular basis."

No they're not. It's the highway patrol. They write traffic tickets. I wouldn't assume they have a lot of training and/or experience with 'heavily battered' kidnap victims, or their court cases.

That's kind of minimizing their duties. They also work crashes and, as such, encounter their fair share of injuries. From your same source: https://www.chp.ca.gov/home/about-us/medal-of-valor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highways have horrific traffic accidents above and beyond speeding tickets, IMO. I am sure that CHP has that kind of trauma training and I would be surprised if they do not, as well as frequent hands on experience.

Of course if I am incorrect as to the kinds of highway incidents they are summoned to then someone will correct me. We are not shy here!

:cheers:

I live in California and the California Highway Patrol isn't just a group of traffic cops writing traffic tickets. They're the equivalent of a State Police. Yes, they do have more training than enforcing traffic laws.

<modsnip>

The California Highway Patrol do a hell of a lot more than write traffic tickets! Very disrespectful comment. They are often the first responders to devastating car accidents, they see more injuries than anyone should in a lifetime. They handle the aftermath of drunk and impaired drivers, careless drivers and vehicle deaths & injury by accident/negligence. They see suicides off overpasses or into traffic. Many of these injuries end up in court, requiring testimony etc. The CHP are as qualified as any policeman to report "heavily battered" and absolutely trained in first aid, triage, first response etc. The CHP wear many hats and writing traffic tickets is a fraction of their responsibilities.

Well said. Here is an example of the CHP taking the lead in investigating a tragic hit and run (mother hit daughter and fled) in Fortuna CA. As is usual, the community was all over the CHP to hurry up in their investigation. They did make an arrest two months later after a thorough investigation.

So they are absolutely qualified to make assessments of injuries on the scene, along with many other duties.

http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-n...on-fortuna-hit-and-run-investigation/40045216

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...th-14-die-in-hit-amp-run-Fortuna-12-July-2016

Just wanted to add that I also live in California and I rejoiced when I learned that the first responder was a CHP Officer. Maybe one day we'll find out how that first interview went...

California Highway Patrol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Highway_Patrol

"The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is a law enforcement agency of the U.S. state of California. The CHP has patrol jurisdiction over all California highways and can also act as the state police."​

re: SP's injuries.

If you kidnap someone and you beat them to force compliance/submissiveness, you do that on day 1, day 2, day 3.... after that, the mere threat of a beating should get the hostage to comply with whatever you want them to do/not do.

now, there could well have been beatings at other times/throughout, perhaps even one last beating at the end? and for reasons other than control/compliance. Who knows.

but it seems counter to the usual model of beating/breaking a hostage early on for SP to still have substantial visible injuries 3 weeks later.

I hate to ask, but how do you know this to be true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow a lot of wrong and misleading information. What does CHP acting as state police have to do with anything? I don't think that means what you think it means. County Sheriff handles most general crimes in the state.

The bottom line is that the CHP officer who was first on scene at 4:30 AM was almost certainly a traffic cop. Period.

If people want to take a second hand (hearsay) report of a traffic officer's, quick,
initial, nighttime assessment of a kidnap victim's injuries as the gospel truth, well, okay then.

I require far more reliable sources before I accept something as fact.

Yes, if Sherri is employed and her sister reveals where she works, the reporters would descend like locusts. No workplace needs that. Her sister did the right thing. But of course, no matter what she does, it's wrong to some.
JMO

If it was a male who released her, with the promise to say he was a woman, I imagine she would do what he said for her own safety. I would. Until I felt safe for myself and my family to tell the truth. Who knows how she was threatened.

I was thinking the same thing...Maybe she does know or could identify the abductors, but she has been told that some terrible things would happen to her or her family if she revealed that information.Remember in the AH/Nate Kibby case, she was scared to accurately describe him for about a week. Then, after she felt that she was genuinely safe, she told who he was because she had seen his name on a magazine.

Wow a lot of wrong and misleading information. What does CHP acting as state police have to do with anything? I don't think that means what you think it means. County Sheriff handles most general crimes in the state.

The bottom line is that the CHP officer who was first on scene at 4:30 AM was almost certainly a traffic cop. Period.

If people want to take a second hand (hearsay) report of a traffic officer's, quick,
initial, nighttime assessment of a kidnap victim's injuries as the gospel truth, well, okay then.

I require far more reliable sources before I accept something as fact.

Ace, I don't think you saw or read the link I posted about CHP responding to a hit and run on a rural road just off Highway 101 in Humboldt county. They were not only the first responders, but they conducted the investigation and obtained warrants. My point is that any CHP officer on I-5 and other highways is trained to deal with much more than ticket writing. It's a jungle out there.

If you want to doubt their evaluation of Sherri's condition at the scene, that's your privilege. I hope you will accept a CHP "ticket-writer traffic cop's" help if you ever need it, my friend. :)

Yes, if Sherri is employed and her sister reveals where she works, the reporters would descend like locusts. No workplace needs that. Her sister did the right thing. But of course, no matter what she does, it's wrong to some.
JMO
I believe Sheila was asked if Sherri worked, not where.

Ace, I don't think you saw or read the link I posted about CHP responding to a hit and run on a rural road just off Highway 101 in Humboldt county. They were not only the first responders, but they conducted the investigation and obtained warrants. My point is that any CHP officer on I-5 and other highways is trained to deal with much more than ticket writing. It's a jungle out there.

If you want to doubt their evaluation of Sherri's condition at the scene, that's your privilege. I hope you will accept a CHP "ticket-writer traffic cop's" help if you ever need it, my friend. :)

I really don't enjoy the insinuation (and outright declaration by another poster) that I am somehow disrespecting traffic cops. The fact is, different types of officers receive different training, and have different experiences to draw on. In fact, if there are serious injuries or death involved, a traffic cop doesn't even do the investigation, an accident scene investigator does. I am simply stating facts.

Here's a quote from the first article you linked: "According to the CHP special agent filing the search warrant..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo