GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

Respondent (Defendant)
PAPINI, SHERRI
Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
KINNEY & KINNEY
Retained

Petitioner (Plaintiff)
PAPINI, KEITH
Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
Manuel, Conard Manuel and Tescher
Retained

• 04/03/2024 Request for Order
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
  • 04/15/2024 Request to Continue Hearing
  • 04/15/2024 Declaration Notice Ex Parte
  • 04/15/2024 Documents Received
  • 04/16/2024 Order on Request to Reschedule Hearing
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
  • 04/22/2024 Substitution of Attorney
  • 05/06/2024 *Request for Order: Modification
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:30 AM
    Cancel Reason
    Vacated
  • 05/07/2024 Substitution of Attorney
  • 05/07/2024 Responsive Declaration to Request for Order
  • 05/07/2024 Proof of Electronic Service
  • 05/07/2024 Proof of Electronic Service
  • 05/10/2024 Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider
  • 05/13/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:29 AM
  • 06/03/2024 *Request for Order: Modification
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    @Niner -- seems like many changes to the schedule happened during the spring, and substitutions of counsel. Lawyers are probably not getting paid, and tired of the nonsense! What a mess. Also, I think there's probably a new supervisor for visitation--hopefully one that is onto SP's methods. MOO
    I

From the docket, appears today's pretrial hearing was held and the parties were present. However, I'm not sure the parties made much progress since the vacated "Request for Order: Modification" from 5/6/24, is still on the docket for 6/3/24. MOO

Original Type
    *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff)
    Attorney: Manuel, Conard Manuel and Tescher
    Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI
    Attorney: KINNEY & KINNEY

From the docket, appears today's pretrial hearing was held and the parties were present. However, I'm not sure the parties made much progress since the vacated "Request for Order: Modification" from 5/6/24, is still on the docket for 6/3/24. MOO

Original Type
    *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff)

I shall go ahead & move this to 6/3 - and check back in about a week before - maybe some changes? TIA! :)

Monday, June 3rd:
*Request for Order: Modification Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Sherri Louise Papini (39/now 40) vs. Keith Papini (38/now 39) Divorce case filed April, 2022. Shasta County
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an ‘unfit parent’ & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith’s discretion.
On March 3, 2022, Sherri Papini was arrested by the FBI, accused of lying to federal agents & faking her kidnapping to spend time with her ex-boyfriend, away from her husband & family. Six weeks after her arrest, Papini signed a plea deal admitting that she had orchestrated the hoax. In September, 2022, she was sentenced to 18 months in prison & fined $300,000. Papini was released from prison in August, 2023 & placed in a halfway house. In April, 2022, a few days after Sherri pleaded guilty to fraud charges, Keith filed for divorce from his wife & for sole custody of their children.
Trial began on 10/31/23 & ended same day.
Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Keith’s defense attorney Conard Manuel of Manuel & Tescher retained. Sherri’s defense attorneys Kinney & Kinney.

Case info from 4/20/22 thru 3/26/24 reference post #676 here:
[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/fo...v-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-34[/url]

4/3/24 Docket updates: Request for Order by Judge Kathryn J. Barton. 4/25/24: Request to continue hearing. Declaration Notice ex parte. Documents received. 4/16/24: Order on Request to reschedule hearing. 4/22/24 Substitution of attorney.
5/6/24 Docket update: Request for Order: Modification by Judge Kathryn J. Barton. Hearing on 5/6/24 was vacated. 5/7/24: Substitution of attorney. Responsive Declaration to request for Order. Proof of electronic service. 5/10/24: Declaration of supervised visitation provider. Next trial readiness conference on 5/13/24 @ 8:30am & Request for Order Modification hearing on 6/3/24 @ 8:30am.
5/13/24 Update: Trial readiness conference hearing held. Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Parties present: Plaintiff, attorney Conard Manuel for Keith & defendant Sherri with her attorney Kinney & Kinney. Next Request for Order: Modification hearing on 6/3/24 at 8:30am.

Pop up a batch of popcorn and grab the remote. The streaming service, Hulu, plans to release a three-part series on Redding mom Sherri Papini, who in 2016 faked her own kidnapping and was eventually sent to prison for lying to the FBI about the crime and defrauding the federal government, the Shasta County Sheriff's Office and others out of more than $300,000.

Hulu plans to air the three-part documentary series, "The Perfect Wife: The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherri Papini," beginning June 20.

Pop up a batch of popcorn and grab the remote. The streaming service, Hulu, plans to release a three-part series on Redding mom Sherri Papini, who in 2016 faked her own kidnapping and was eventually sent to prison for lying to the FBI about the crime and defrauding the federal government, the Shasta County Sheriff's Office and others out of more than $300,000.

Hulu plans to air the three-part documentary series, "The Perfect Wife: The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherri Papini," beginning June 20.
I plan to watch, although I hope it’s not sympathetic to her.

Eminem recently released a new song called ‘Houdini’ and name drops Sherri Papini.

“Cause you’re never gon’ see me caught sleepin’
And see the kidnappin’
Never did happen
Like Sherri Papini, Harry Houdini
I vanish into thin air as I’m leaving”

:D

Dang! I was just catching up and going to post that since Sherri fancies herself as an "author" - Keith should beat her to the punch and go ahead and do a tell all book. Spill everything before she has a chance.

Looks like Hulu is doing just that.

Eminem recently released a new song called ‘Houdini’ and name drops Sherri Papini.

And see the kidnappin’
Never did happen

I was just coming to say this. I just bought the song and caught the lyric.

I daresay Ms. Papini is less mentally ill than she is personality disordered. Her whole head ain't right. I'm no doctor nor counselor, but I think it's safe to say illness and disorder, both are on a continuum, and of Ms. Papini, I'd say her personality disorder is so far off the chart it's onto another one. Can't be reasoned with, can't be appealed to, can't be challenged. Given her history, which you some up with excellent concision, she falls in thst especially camp of campers with personality disorders who are resistant to treatment. She likes her sick self.

Her sick self should have had to serve more time, safely ensconced away from civilized society. IMO left to their own, people like her crave drama, create drama, and leave a trail of destruction behind them, a cost they never tally.

Wishing a thousand buffers to those who must deal with her regularly. They're going to need them.

JMO
My opinion only. She is sick. Some people don't have a clue they are sick. Or maybe have a clue and are in denial. U really think she likes being sick. This makes me sad. Moo

"Well like this place [a supervised visitation center] is very helpful for families, well mommy is building a foundation to help places like this more. Mommy is making a business that will be a foundation to help people."

“Do you know what an author is? Mommy’s also an author now. She’s writing two books”

Mommy is, Mommy is, Mommy is still lying!

What the heck kind of foundation is she building and making? She magically has become an author, a builder and a philanthropist.

V

Funny, that's exactly how many books I'm not going to buy.

@Seattle1 - any updates yet for her divorce case? TIA!
Here you go.

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

Case Number
22FL-0199572

• 05/28/2024 Family Court Services Document Received
    Original Type
    *Request for Order: Modification
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff): PAPINI, KEITH
  • 06/05/2024 Declaration
  • 06/10/2024 *Motion/Other Hearing
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time

And see the kidnappin’
Never did happen

Now Mommy is a illusionist, an escape artist, a stunt performer. Mommy is so talented.

I dont think I can watch the hulu show. I think she will enjoy having her name in lights. Same reason I didn't watch the Casey one. I would watch a kids and Keith one! Their difficulties and road to thriving! That's the only thing in her life that should be highlighted. She's a manipulative liar. End of story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammySue
Back