GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep and what will they fill in for the other 55 minutes? Seriously I can’t wait to see how many people Sherri’s gonna blame; how will they spin “I wasn’t getting enough attention and I was bored with my tiresome family. Oh and I’m a victim too?”
Ugh, that’s what the Lifetine movie was like. They tried to make her sympathetic and like it was Keith's fault she had to be the perfect wife and mother. It was nauseating!

Monday, July 29th:
*Trial Readiness Conference Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Sherri Louise Papini (39/now 42) vs. Keith Papini (38/now 41) Divorce case filed April, 2022. Shasta County
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an ‘unfit parent’ & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith’s discretion.
On March 3, 2022, Sherri Papini was arrested by the FBI, accused of lying to federal agents & faking her kidnapping to spend time with her ex-boyfriend, away from her husband & family. Six weeks after her arrest, Papini signed a plea deal admitting that she had orchestrated the hoax. In September, 2022, she was sentenced to 18 months in prison & fined $300,000. Papini was released from prison in August, 2023 & placed in a halfway house. In April, 2022, a few days after Sherri pleaded guilty to fraud charges, Keith filed for divorce from his wife & for sole custody of their children.
Trial began on 10/31/23 & ended same day.
Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Keith’s defense attorney Conard Manuel of Manuel & Tescher retained. Sherri’s defense attorneys Kinney & Kinney.

Case info from 4/20/22 thru 6/7/24 reference post #743 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-37

6/10/24 Update: Motion/Other hearing held. Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Parties Present: Petitioner (Plaintiff): Keith Papini, attorney Conrad Manuel, Respondent (Defendant): Sherri Papini & attorney: Kinney & Kinney. Result: Continued Party's Motion. Papini is pursuing the husband she hoodwinked for $30,000 in legal fees to cover the cost of a custody fight she started – despite living a luxury lifestyle bankrolled by her wealthy new lover. She is also battling for more access to children T, 14 & V, 12 – a notion vigorously opposed by her ex who wants her to undertake a psychological evaluation & be barred from seeing them unsupervised. Keith is opposing both the cash grab & increasing the amount of time the convicted fraudster gets to spend with their children, although he said during a June 10 hearing that he is happy for her to speak to the children weekly. In his response to the demand filed on May 7, the betrayed husband said Papini should not be allowed unsupervised access to the children & said he would not force his son Tyler to attend the sessions. Despite her privileged existence, Papini pled poverty in an April court filing & is attempting to force Keith to pony up $30,000 to pay for her share of the legal fight. She is also demanding he hand over an array of items from the marital home in Redding, among them ‘Grandpa’s truck, an inflatable water slide, a leaf blower & a smart TV'. She was previously awarded just $10,000 in her divorce & ordered to pay half of a $3,000 debt she racked up on a BestBuy credit card after she was arrested in April 2022. The court filing describes how she lives in ‘a beautiful new home’ in Shingletown, Ca. where she boasts that the children will be allowed their own rooms, adding that she plans to decorate them to their liking. Papini also claims to have a normal routine & a stable job – a ‘consultant’ position she says she has with a small LA based literary agency called Lady Moon Entertainment. Next trial readiness conference hearing on 6/17/24 @ 8:30am.
6/17/24 Update: Trial Readiness Conference hearing held with Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Continued Party's motion. Parties present: Petitioner (Plaintiff/Keith) & Attorney Conard Manuel, Respondent (Defendant/Sherri) & Attorney Kinney & Kinney. Next Trial Readiness Conference hearing on 7/29/24 @ 8:30am.
“Lady Moon Entertainment” is one of the creators on her documentary where she is going to speak her “truth” Sherri Papini To Tell Her Story In Investigation Discovery Docuseries - IMDb

Monday, August 26th:
*Trial Readiness Conference Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Sherri Louise Papini (39/now 42) vs. Keith Papini (38/now 41) Divorce case filed April, 2022. Shasta County #199572
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an ‘unfit parent’ & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith’s discretion.
On March 3, 2022, Sherri Papini was arrested by the FBI, accused of lying to federal agents & faking her kidnapping to spend time with her ex-boyfriend, away from her husband & family. Six weeks after her arrest, Papini signed a plea deal admitting that she had orchestrated the hoax. In September, 2022, she was sentenced to 18 months in prison & fined $300,000. Papini was released from prison in August, 2023 & placed in a halfway house. In April, 2022, a few days after Sherri pleaded guilty to fraud charges, Keith filed for divorce from his wife & for sole custody of their children. Trial began on 10/31/23 & ended same day.
Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Keith’s defense attorney Conard Manuel of Manuel & Tescher retained. Sherri’s defense attorneys Kinney & Kinney.

Case info from 4/20/22 thru 6/10/24 reference post #870 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-44

6/17/24 Update: Trial Readiness Conference hearing held with Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Continued Party's motion. Parties present: Petitioner (Plaintiff/Keith) & Attorney Conard Manuel, Respondent (Defendant/Sherri) & Attorney Kinney & Kinney. Next Trial Readiness Conference hearing on 7/29/24 @ 8:30am.
7/15/24 Update: Request for Order: Initial. Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding. Hearing held. Parties present: Petitioner (Plaintiff/Keith), Attorney: Manuel, Conard Manuel & Tescher; Respondent (Defendant/Sherri) & attorney: Kinney & Kinney. Proof of electronic service.
7/29/24 Update: Trial Readiness Conference hearing held & continued Party's motion on 8/26/24 @ 8:30am.

I'm watching Perfect Wife: The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherri Papini. Lots of interviews with Keith, and people who were sus about her from before her disappearance. I find the overdramatic use of music and graphic effects to be a little ridiculous and unnecessary, but overall the show does not make Sherri look sympathetic and it's always interesting to see and hear the interviews with law enforcement that were happening all along and seeing how early they were sus. They also interview local Hispanic people whose daily lives were affected by her claims she was abducted by Hispanic women.

They also interview local Hispanic people whose daily lives were affected by her claims she was abducted by Hispanic women.
I've not watched the series but I'm still livid that SP was never charged with a hate crime. I don't doubt the Hispanic community wasn't greatly affected by SP's spoof of a crime. :mad:

Continued to 8/26/24 at 8:29 AM.

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

• 07/15/2024 *Request for Order: Initial
    Original Type
    *Request for Order: Initial
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:30 AM
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff)
    Attorney: Manuel, Conard Manuel and Tescher
    Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI
    Attorney: KINNEY & KINNEY
  • 07/15/2024 Proof of Electronic Service
  • 07/29/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Original Type
    *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:29 AM
    Result
    *Continued Party's Motion
  • 08/26/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time

The Trial Readiness Conference for 8/26/24 was continued.

• 08/26/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Original Type
    *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    Result
    *Continued Party's Motion
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff): PAPINI, KEITH
    Attorney: Manuel, Conard Manuel and Tescher
    Respondent (Defendant)
    Attorney: KINNEY & KINNEY
  • 09/16/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time

I'd edit but its too late, but I got to the very end of the documentary, which I recommend. It has no input from Sherri at all - she refused. I guess because it wasn't about 'her truth' but the truth. Keith said the kids actually do not want to see her anyway - I'm so glad to hear that. She would make them breathe rubbing alcohol to make them sick :(

I'd edit but its too late, but I got to the very end of the documentary, which I recommend. It has no input from Sherri at all - she refused. I guess because it wasn't about 'her truth' but the truth. Keith said the kids actually do not want to see her anyway - I'm so glad to hear that. She would make them breathe rubbing alcohol to make them sick :(
Too bad that wasn't public knowledge at the time of her disappearance when she was the media darling being trotted out as the perfect mother because she posed with her kids.

Too bad that wasn't public knowledge at the time of her disappearance when she was the media darling being trotted out as the perfect mother because she posed with her kids.
Exactly. That 'supermom' personal identity that she had for herself, and yet all along she was furious at Keith for him saying he wouldn't pay for daycare when her payout from her job ran out and she'd have to actually be a full time mother! I think those kids would have been in danger, honestly. JMO IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back