Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the "clue" mentioned in this is about?
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

They say more will be released later....

When they say she might be a runaway - that doesn't jive with throwing away her cellphone. Even if a person really wanted to runaway and not be traced via their cellphone, all they would have to do is remove the battery... Just can't see a young gal tossing her cellphone...

ITA -- can't see a teenager tossing that pretty droid phone MOO Glad the FBI is there now... Interesting that LE is going back to the house and immediate area of the house to search...MOO

I feel that the neighbors should be very carefully looked at...MOO

Santa Clara Authorities told reporters this morning that they they have found an item related to 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, who has been missing since last Friday when she left her home to catch the bus for school.

Police have not disclosed what this item is, but they told NBC that it's enough to bring the FBI and other law enforcers back to Morgan Hill this morning to do another search of the area around LaMar's home and the surrounding properties.
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/03/sierra_lamar_update_police_fin.php

Good grief...this is sounding more and more like Holly Bobo...items found, won't say what...disappeared from in front of own home...hope it has a conclusion far sooner...JMO

Would they have gotten the computer and phone forensics back by now, even if preliminary?

I have a question, are you able to track an Itouch? I know it has texting, just wondering if it would ping anywhere? I'm going thru what would be in my DD purse other then her phone.

Would they have gotten the computer and phone forensics back by now, even if preliminary?

I read a preliminary statement, which I believe is posted upthread, saying that initially results were unsuccessful in finding anything from her computer or cell records that would indicate what happened. That was last night it was released I believe. [ I will try and find it now]

ETA:Santa Clara County investigators have examined a missing 15-year-old girl's cell phone and computer but say they have no clues to why she vanished nearly a week ago.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1ppOFZiWS

I have a question, are you able to track an Itouch? I know it has texting, just wondering if it would ping anywhere? I'm going thru what would be in my DD purse other then her phone.

Seems feasable. If it has a text function,it must ping from a tower...MOO

Seems feasable. If it has a text function,it must ping from a tower...MOO

I'm trying to remember what was learned with Hailey Dunn's I-touch. IIRC, it operates on wi-fi and there are no pings?

:rant:

If this was a stranger, I would think she would have made a lot of noise but sometimes these girls go quietly. She must have had her cell in her hand...when approached. Has there been any evidence LE searching the house? The fact that she held on to her purse is interesting. That indicates, to me, there may not have been much resistance.

That's what makes me think that she knew the person well...and, was comfortable with that person. It feels/seems to me that she went willingly because nothing got left behind and no seeming traces of any sort of a struggle. If she were grabbed or forced into a vehicle, there may have been pieces of something left behind...even tiny fragments. Wonder how far LE went in looking into that type of idea...searching for dropped fragments?

I definitely think it was someone she knew and perhaps, trusted. I really think that she went willingly but, then again, I could be very wrong too.

That's what makes me think that she knew the person well...and, was comfortable with that person. It feels/seems to me that she went willingly because nothing got left behind and no seeming traces of any sort of a struggle. If she were grabbed or forced into a vehicle, there may have been pieces of something left behind...even tiny fragments. Wonder how far LE went in looking into that type of idea...searching for dropped fragments?

I definitely think it was someone she knew and perhaps, trusted. I really think that she went willingly but, then again, I could be very wrong too.

This is really confusing imo. Because it seems like she went willingly, and it seems like it was someone familiar with her if they were right there at the end of her driveway at the right time. HOWEVER, why throw her cell out the window just two minutes later? That means they went from 'friend' to villain within the first minute of picking her up. That seems odd. But I guess they didn't want to be tracked at all.

This is really confusing imo. Because it seems like she went willingly, and it seems like it was someone familiar with her if they were right there at the end of her driveway at the right time. HOWEVER, why throw her cell out the window just two minutes later? That means they went from 'friend' to villain within the first minute of picking her up. That seems odd. But I guess they didn't want to be tracked at all.

It all depends on who threw the phone away...one thing we can't know...

Or they were always a villian and this was premeditated. I think alot of young people incorrectly think if they've met someone at least once they are no longer a stranger and not dangerous. Looking back I was that way too.

It's possible that the person driving, wasn't going the route that she would have thought to have gone to get to school and started asking questions and possibly, taking out her cell phone. At that point, it may have become apparent to her that it wasn't a "friendly drive" at all and, the person driving, grabbed the phone from her and tossed it out the window or forced her to do it???

And her father was an RSO who molested three girls under the age of 14 over a period from 1999 to 2004. Apparently they were friends of his older daughters. So after his one year of jail, the mother allows her little girls to live with their RSO father? That seems very odd to me. How did he get custody of two little girls while being an RSO?

I know he has been cleared,but I am wondering about any of his friends who may have known the girls.

Three girls? I thought it was one girl 12 charges. He plead guilty to one of them?

It's possible that the person driving, wasn't going the route that she would have thought to have gone to get to school and started asking questions and possibly, taking out her cell phone. At that point, it may have become apparent to her that it wasn't a "friendly drive" at all and, the person driving, grabbed the phone from her and tossed it out the window or forced her to do it???

Yes, this could well be. Also, it could be possible that there was more than 1 person...MOO

in case anyone is 'time challenged' like I am: it is currently 0930 in SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member