Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Samantha Koenig's murder case, we just learned tonight that the murderer was sending texts to make it sound like they came from Sam...

Dara Lee Watson's murderer (who was also her fiancee) did the same thing. He texted Dara's boss after he killed Dara to buy time for himself.

It also doesn't make sense to think that only Sierra's DNA/prints were found, from this statement. Sierra-only might be a good feeling for her folks, but not helpful to LE as far as possible future POI as far as I can tell. JMO

Clu, remember they didn't tell nobody they even found that bag for four days.
So, whatever they know now, they aren't saying...yet.

Can the dna collected show that she was still living when it came to be on the item? I am thinking back to the Caylee Anthony case and death banding on hair found and stuff like that. Maybe there is no evidence of a death?

The only problem with that is more than likely whatever happened, occurred after they ditched the items.JMO

I've noticed there are a number of guests perusing the Sierra threads...and I just want to say ,that if by chance you are involved with the area searches for her, a hearty thank you for your willingness to help...be safe.

If someone had the ability to hack her account or had her password, would they also be able to delete any messages or pms before LE began forensics on her devices?

I wonder that partly because my DD knows friends whose boyfriends demand to know their passwords as a way to make sure the girlfriends are not 'talking to' other guys.

LE can go in and find "deleted" info on the hard drives of any and ALL devices.
BFs can't.
Big dif.

ETA:
I want to add that I was reading an article written by a former manager of a large cell carrier.
There is a switch that will turn a device for LE to "on" when the person thinks it is off. There is no overt sign it has been activated.
They can use the audio to listen to anyone in the perimeter of the phone.
They can take pics or videos of the surrounding areas if it is in the open and not in a purse or pocket.

Just an FYI.

Honestly, I must be like George Costanza...I can't think of a scenario where I would tell anyone my private passwords, unless it was for a shared bank account...JMO

Why would kids share passwords?? Makes no sense to me. JMO

It is kind of bizarre, but I remember when my DD was 'pressured' by her ex bf to give him her password. He was like " what do you have to hide? "

But she never gave it to him. She remembered the drama from when she used to share a password for her middle school Myspace with her gf and it ended up being a nightmare. LOL :what:

Honestly, I must be like George Costanza...I can't think of a scenario where I would tell anyone my private passwords, unless it was for a shared bank account...JMO

:seeya: George Costanza ... Thanks for the "chuckle" clu !... was that the one he would not share his bank password at the atm ?

Back to topic : I have seen teenagers and some adults share their passwords ...

I agree ... "makes no sense to me" ... and IMO, I think it is crazy as well as "dangerous" -- no telling WHAT someone will or can do with your password and info ...

:moo:

The only problem with that is more than likely whatever happened, occurred after they ditched the items.JMO

I guess I was thinking of the statement by a reporter asking about urine on the clothing, which I don't believe was ever confirmed by LE. I wondered bc there had been some prior suggestions that maybe it was her body shutting down that caused the possible urine, if there ever really was urine on the clothes.

BBM

"Honestly, I must be like George Costanza...." :floorlaugh:

You wouldn't necessarily have to have a password to access some of those social media sites depending on the kind of phone you have.

I know on my iphone all I have to do is click on my facebook icon and it takes me directly to my news feed. If I don't specifically go in and log out of the site every time, then it does that.

I have three teenagers, and it is common for a friend to grab someone's cell phone and post something on their wall. They call it being "hacked". If Sierra had a phone like that, and as often as she was on these social media sites, anyone that had control of her phone could be on any one of those sites with the click of a button on her phone if she had not logged out the last time she used it. As often as she was on there, as most teens are, I don't see her logging out. Most of the kids I know don't.

The sheriff's office says Tuesday's dive missions are not related to new leads in the case, but there is relevant new information coming from the crime lab. Preliminary test results are back on evidence in the case.

"Although they're not specifying which evidence items led to these new leads, they are saying that they are positive, they are fruitful and that it has led to some additional leads for them to follow up on," Sgt. Jose Cardoza with the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8624669

Well that statement would not make me think she's alive.

iMHO re the crime lab results and why it seems the MSM is focusing on the clothes: Cardozo said after the cell phone was found, it yielded no clues. The fingerprinting takes a very short period of time. DNA is more likely on the clothes or handbag by process of elimination because it sounds like ONE of the items sent to the crime lab yielded results. I highly doubt the handcuff box and condoms are related. No one is that stupid to leave their DNA like that, plus the items were found by one person in an area that had been searched at least twice before their discovery. It's too much of a red herring.

Just thinking out loud.

I know a lot of those kids like TYLER, THE CREATOR.Is this really what they are listening too? Sierra even tweeted about him.I didn't know the lyrics were that bad and I consider myself not born yesterday.

You wouldn't necessarily have to have a password to access some of those social media sites depending on the kind of phone you have.

I know on my iphone all I have to do is click on my facebook icon and it takes me directly to my news feed. If I don't specifically go in and log out of the site every time, then it does that.

I have three teenagers, and it is common for a friend to grab someone's cell phone and post something on their wall. They call it being "hacked". If Sierra had a phone like that, and as often as she was on these social media sites, anyone that had control of her phone could be on any one of those sites with the click of a button on her phone if she had not logged out the last time she used it. As often as she was on there, as most teens are, I don't see her logging out. Most of the kids I know don't.

The hoaxed tweet was sent from an iPhone.

I know a lot of those kids like TYLER, THE CREATOR.Is this really what they are listening too? Sierra even tweeted about him.I didn't know the lyrics were that bad and I consider myself not born yesterday.

Yes they are that bad, and worse...a lot of S's tweets and those of her friends seem to use the lyrics and idolize this guy and the band...makes me scratch my head as I sit here with earliest Beatles playing on youtube...gee, cool kids liked the Beatles back then...it is all a mystery to me.

OMG what.That stuff should be banned. :what:
Everything in her Tumbler account should be banned. Sierra created a hard-core image of herself with her messages, music, and collected nasty pictures. She might have developed a fan club of sickos. She made the mistake of using the same screen name for all her accounts. This mistake makes it very easy to follow any child around the internet, find their parent's name, and then their address. :(

Everything in her Tumbler account should be banned. Sierra created a hard-core image of herself with her messages, music, and collected nasty pictures. She might have developed a fan club of sickos. She made the mistake of using the same screen name for all her accounts. This mistake makes it very easy to follow any child around the internet, find their parent's name, and then their address. :(

Yes this is the kind of stuff that makes a predators dream come true.Clearly these kids don't realize who could be out there stalking them.The whole world is open to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME