Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you guys, I stand corrected...thoroughly! : )
Still, look at the obvious.

BTW - another thought, and this one regarding the bogus Tweets that have been posted. As I was thinking about it further this evening, I think it's some nincompoop teen who thinks it's "funny." I try to remember that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, and if drugs have been abused, perhaps later than that, or not to it's full potential. So the point I'm making is that some stupid kid is most likely posting these Tweets and enjoying the press coverage they are getting. Obviously they lack empathy, and a moral compass. I think it would be best to quietly let LE handle these vs. give them the attention they are seeking. JMO.

BBM

I try to pay attention to & question everything in a missing persons case, regardless of whether or not I believe LE is "quietly handling" something.

If anyone else chooses to ignore something, or to disregard it, or to explain it away, that's their choice.

I have no idea if it's "some stupid kid" who posted the "hoax" tweets or not. For all I know, it might be the person who's responsible for Sierra's disappearance trying to throw a wrench in the investigation, because that person is afraid that LE may be getting too close to the truth. I find it interesting that the bogus tweets came on the heels of LE announcing that they had new leads that may or may not lead to a POI. Maybe the hoax tweeter was hoping to lead LE to believe that Sierra is alive & well, and not abducted after all, in order to take the heat off. IDK

Here's what I do know: when I'm advised by whomever for whatever reason to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain - that's exactly when I pay attention to the man behind the curtain, because the minute I stop thinking for myself & believe the illusion is the minute I allow someone else to tell me what to think. That I will not do.

Ok you guys, I stand corrected...thoroughly! : )
Still, look at the obvious.

BTW - another thought, and this one regarding the bogus Tweets that have been posted. As I was thinking about it further this evening, I think it's some nincompoop teen who thinks it's "funny." I try to remember that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, and if drugs have been abused, perhaps later than that, or not to it's full potential. So the point I'm making is that some stupid kid is most likely posting these Tweets and enjoying the press coverage they are getting. Obviously they lack empathy, and a moral compass. I think it would be best to quietly let LE handle these vs. give them the attention they are seeking. JMO.

I completely agree. Thank you for saying this. I haven't been posting much lately because of all the Twitter talk, which in my opinion, distracts from the issue of finding Sierra. I don't want to give these teens on Twitter any more attention.

Hey all, I did go search today and now am kicking myself for not going sooner. It was very uplifting to be there. I ended up on a really hard search, but it was so worth it. I am exhausted and know I am going to be in pain tomorrow, but am grateful I was there and plan to go back next Saturday assuming nothing changes from now til then.

THANK YOU> We all appreciate you doing that.

What do people seem to think? Any consensus on what people think happened to her?

Regarding when Sierra was going to Fremont.
On her twitter, March 14 @ 8:37 PM , partly quoting "this weekend wont be in Fremont ,but the next I will" and also, Sierra says she cant wait to get her hair DYED, in her twitter, I believe March 14 or 15.

From the group I was in, the thoughts were she got into a car with someone she recognized or was familiar with.

I think you are right. Generally, we tend to go way out in the weeds because we can only sit and speculate here, with not enough to go on.

I know when i watch 'The First 48', they stay pretty much on track, in the middle of the evidence trail. They do not stray into the weeds too often, but keep charging down the middle of the road. It usually works out that way because it is usually the regular,simplest answer, most realistic scenario that pans out. The ex-husband, the jealous wife, the love triangle, etc.

and in this case, it might end up being an experienced stalker/kidnapper.
The U.S. Department of Justice's study on teenage homicide is discussed here:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/187239.pdf

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 1.59.56 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 1.59.56 AM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 10
Hey all, I did go search today and now am kicking myself for not going sooner. It was very uplifting to be there. I ended up on a really hard search, but it was so worth it. I am exhausted and know I am going to be in pain tomorrow, but am grateful I was there and plan to go back next Saturday assuming nothing changes from now til then.

good on you melley, hope you pull up ok tomorrow and take care. thanks for being caring and getting out there!

I guess I am just trying to think like 15 yr olds think, not like adults.

Adults make concrete plans for upcoming spring break week. But, in my experience, kids are more impulsive and spontaneous.

Did Marlene expect that Sierra was not going to do anything or go anywhere that Friday night? Because I find that kind of unusual for the average 15 yr old social girl.

BBM

I also think most kids know whether their parents are more likely to say yes if taken by surprise.

It's not that I think kids are bad; I think kids want what they want and they have a lot more time to study their parents (and teachers) than their parents have to study them. Something about that whole making a living, keeping a house, paying the bills, etc, just seems to soak up attention for adults.

I am kind of baffled by this, I realize her mother doesn't know - but aren't there clothes missing? Was she abducted out of the shower? :waitasec:

I think it is fairly common for a fashion conscious teen to have so many clothes that their family cannot say for sure what might be missing.

My girly-girl niece who lives with me has so many clothes that I think she could take enough clothes for a WEEK and I wouldn't know what was missing.

What makes it even more difficult is that she trades clothes with her friends, so it's impossible for me to say from week to week exactly what clothes she has in her possession.

For example, she almost always wears black pants. To me (never have been fashion conscious) most of her black pants look alike. They all look like black pants to me. So I was boggled when my niece said she has 23 pairs of black pants, all different.

TWENTY THREE PAIRS??? Of black pants?

Apparently, some are straight cut, some are skinny cut, some have seam detailing, some have pleats, some have cuffs, some have pockets, some have... their own limos, for all I know.

If she disappeared, I could hazard a guess that she was probably wearing black pants... unless she was wearing a skirt or a dress. Or shorts (Daisy Dukes, capris, bermudas, etc).

My head spins.

Could searching the reservoirs be a tactic by the LE to make the kidnapper/s think that they are looking for a body when in fact they are closing in on the Kidnapper/s

I doubt it. Those water searches are pretty expensive.

For those of us that listened that night: ....."Nothing was usually packed in a neat fashion" .... the word NOTHING was left out of the transcript.

LOTS of us listened LIVE and had the show on our DVR/TIVO. The transcript is wrong.

The Presser of Sgt. Cardoza never, ever said bra and/or panties. MSM said it afterwards. Have no clue where that came from other that "some" said it must to have been "off camera". Beats me where that came from.

Sheriff Laurie Smith said it in a video interview fairly early on (askfornina would know...).

Considering Sheriff Smith's later interviews, um... not sure what to say except "consider the source."

If they found DNA of someone unknown to the investigation, then I don't think LE would have said "...the kidnappers, if there are any..." as is printed in that article. So what did they find that was useful to them??

Finding a stranger's DNA means nothing without other evidence to back it up.

There was a case in Germany several years back where LE thought that they were tracking a female serial killer. A rather prolific one. With hugely differing MOs but her DNA was right there every time.

It turned out that the DNA was from a factory worker where the swabs were manufactured. There had been a mixup in filling orders and the wrong type of swabs had been sent to the regional department which then distributed them to local departments.

For example, finding strange DNA could be an artefact of when the Juicy Couture purse was manufactured.

I think it is fairly common for a fashion conscious teen to have so many clothes that their family cannot say for sure what might be missing.

My girly-girl niece who lives with me has so many clothes that I think she could take enough clothes for a WEEK and I wouldn't know what was missing.

What makes it even more difficult is that she trades clothes with her friends, so it's impossible for me to say from week to week exactly what clothes she has in her possession.

For example, she almost always wears black pants. To me (never have been fashion conscious) most of her black pants look alike. They all look like black pants to me. So I was boggled when my niece said she has 23 pairs of black pants, all different.

TWENTY THREE PAIRS??? Of black pants?

Apparently, some are straight cut, some are skinny cut, some have seam detailing, some have pleats, some have cuffs, some have pockets, some have... their own limos, for all I know.

If she disappeared, I could hazard a guess that she was probably wearing black pants... unless she was wearing a skirt or a dress. Or shorts (Daisy Dukes, capris, bermudas, etc).

My head spins.

I agree. I go looking for something in my closet and swear there is a little martian .:alien: that's coming in my house and stealing my cloths. I have no idea how they come up missing. On the other hand, I have many cloths and if something came up missing I wouldn't realize it right away. I have no idea how someone could do inventory on clothing. I can see that ML could verify that sweatshirt was gone though. Her last mention of the clothing question though was she did not want to say what they were because it may interfer with the investigation.

I think it's ok to post this link to a twitter since it's a court reporter in Morgan Hill. She's very active with the search and post updates. Her twitters talk about someone going around tearing down the posters and ribbons, which has happened on multiple occations.

From her most recent post, apparently the ribbon thief when all the way up and down SL street and the neighboring streets and even in the driveway area of SL's house tearing the items down.

I guess the point I am making is, if this person can get away with doing this, even when the neighborhood is on high alert, why would it seem unlikely that someone abducted her from her driveway? I know this has been speculated on quit a bit, including myself but I think this instance just goes to show you how easy it is to not get noticed.

Apparently from her last tweet 16 hours ago, the ribbon thief was finally caught.

https://twitter.com/#!/hotsteno

BBM

I think there's a difference between a quiet neighbourhood and an observant neighbourhood.

Very few neighbourhoods are observant.

I think LE has a darn good idea what happened and who was involved. They are searching for her to confirm their theory.

They did something like this with Michelle Le. They needed Michelle to make the arrest. I have great respect for LE out here. One thing about Northern Calif., they have experience with this horrible type of crime....

If she was taken in the driveway, it is possible that the car was parked to the left of the house, in front of (or behind) the iron gate that leads to the back of the house.

How many people are working on that street each day? We have never been told. Many have landscapers. Do we know how many times a week Sierra's house was groomed. Do we know anything about the back of the house and if a stranger or worker could go back there? Is it possible a worker from one of the houses took Sierra? Is it possible that a car was in back of the house and approached her from the back of the house and not the immediate front?

We all seem to be thinking stranger/stalker. Could the stalker have been in her own back yard? There's lots of grass, there's a pool....lots of upkeep needed.

I'm still going with Sheriff Smith. She said her jersey was in the bag and the books were close to/next to the bag. Does the perp live nearby? He turned and dropped this bag on a dead end st.

I wonder if he took her to that foreclosed house on Scheller first. What evidence did LE take from that house. It is empty, right? I imagine they would have luminoled it and fingerprinted it but beyond that, I just don't know.

Do we have a time on the cell phone? I thought they said it was thrown in a matter of minutes after taking her? If true, then the Scheller doesn't fit as the first place or even any place. What led LE to that foreclosed house anyway?

Have we discussed a "paper boy" (man)? Depending on the time of the delivery, they would be aware of when residents were home, leaving for work, or gone. Sierra may have seen them in the mornings, so felt comfortable with them.

There might even be two men working at a time.

Our delivery comes around 5 am, but there may be variations in other locations.

They would also have "practice" tossing items from cars.

Have there been any paper delivery people who quit/left job right before, or right after Sierra disappeared?

Just a thought!

I'm still going with Sheriff Smith. She said her jersey was in the bag and the books were close to/next to the bag. Does the perp live nearby? He turned and dropped this bag on a dead end st.

I wonder if he took her to that foreclosed house on Scheller first. What evidence did LE take from that house. It is empty, right? I imagine they would have luminoled it and fingerprinted it but beyond that, I just don't know.

Do we have a time on the cell phone? I thought they said it was thrown in a matter of minutes after taking her? If true, then the Scheller doesn't fit as the first place or even any place. What led LE to that foreclosed house anyway?

Good thoughts, Whisperer. Foreclosed house. I want to share an experience I had with a foreclosure. Strange things happen in them. A realtor took us to look at a foreclosure in Encino. It was a pretty nice area but the house was really run down. The realtor went to show us the 2 car garage. There were 2 large carpets rolled up in the center. The realtor started to kick one of the rolls and said something about wondering why those were there. Just when he was about to give it a kick I saw hair sticking out of each of them. I started to wave my hands NO! frantically. We hightailed it out of the house to our cars. The realtor called the police thinking they were dead bodies. When the police arrived the carpets were unrolled and obviously whomever was in them snuck out of the house! I will never forget how scary that was!

Out in this area, they don't have paper boys anymore. An adult, AFAIK, drops the paper off early, pre-dawn. Payments are made on line, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski