Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is more noticeable. But, as far as the mismatched hood, Considering it is an old car, I am going to guess this person does not have much money. Perhaps the original hood of the car was damaged and replaced with a new hood from a parts shop? Painting the hood to match the red could be expensive so maybe they just let it be mismatched for that reason? Just a thought. Which is why I hope LE has already or is planning to contact all body shops in the area.

But then, yes, it was not a good choice to drive around in if this person was looking to stalk or abduct someone.

It wouldn't just be body shops unfortunately. Think junk yards, salvage yards...there are ALOT of these "pick and pull" junk yards around San Jose/Morgan Hill area.

:seeya:

BBM: "Vehicle Color" is included on the Motor Vehicle Registration for Louisiana and Florida ...

They can still do a search in the database -- have seen this done on "true crime tv shows" ... Yes, very tedious, but they can compile a list and go from there ...

:moo:

ETA: I see it was posted that California does not list color of vehicle ... maybe they should start adding that to their registrations for the future ...

It's probably a salvaged car with a stolen license plate....

I'm glad he confirmed in the video that it was on that morning at the time Sierra would be leaving for school.

I spent a good part of the afternoon on Google satellite looking for that car in a driveway or parking lot near Sierra's neighbourhood and at her school. Lots of red cars, but not with a black hood.

How about looking at the cars in her OLD NEIGHBORHOOD in FREMONT? Ask all those high school kids (at both high schools), who drives that car? It sounds like a teenagers car, or yes, a poor person.

Yes that's what I imagined it looking like. But I think it could also be a home done repair? You see a lot more mismatched panels here on cars that are obviously junky, and I imagine a hood might be simpler to replace than to be fixed if it's available.

I wouldn't rule either scenario out.

The dogs tracing her scent to the end of the driveway cannot be trusted 100%. I don't think the walk to the bus stop is moot at all, I think it really puts things in perspective as far as how easy it would be to kidnap someone in that area.

I think the walk to the bus stop is of paramount importance, but I don't think she made it out of her driveway that last morning. But I think the previous walks she took to the bus stop put her in sight of a perv somehow. Someone in the area noticed that she walked alone every morning and every afternoon. And it would have been very easy to follow her home one day. Once they did that, they could have watched and waited as he folks left that morning. Easy, Peazy from then on.

I live in this area, have all my life. This is so close to home that I haven't posted until now. There is a creep out there and IMO this wasn't his first abduction...going to post a link to another attempt just a few miles away...
well ok, I can't post the link - sorry, kinda embarassing, but if you google search "attempted abduction willow glen" you will find the article. Same description of car - dude used a stun gun. This is very close to Sierra's home - about 30 min or less travel time...there are more attempts in the area...will find and post.

O.K. so this is a bit of a reach because some people just like Red, and others end up with the car they can afford despite the color. That said, it should be noted that RED is the color associated with Norteno gang members, and RED is a "lucky" color for the Asian population. As I said, most likely random and not relevant, but hey...worth mentioning.

How about looking at the cars in her OLD NEIGHBORHOOD in FREMONT? Ask all those high school kids (at both high schools), who drives that car? It sounds like a teenagers car, or yes, a poor person.
Good idea! High schools should have records of all students' automobiles and their license plates on file for parking purposes. Now that the info is out to the public, the kids may take notice in case the car belongs to a friend of a friend.

Interesting that Cardoza is not saying "wanted for questioning as a potential witness," but rather is specifically saying the car is connected to the abduction.

What does "hood of a car" mean to you guys? I think of the "hood" as being the part of the car that covers the engine... it is the part that can be 'popped up' to see the engine. You "pop the hood" if you have an engine light come on. I call the very top of a car the "roof". :waitasec:

Aww crap all this time I was thinking the top of the car, but you're right "hood" IS what covers the engine and is very different from roof. :doh:

Like I said, some reporters apparently don't think changing one word will confuse anybody... But it most def. will, especially when you realize "roof", "hood", and "top" should not be interchangeable.

Cardoza said "hood", so hood it is in my mind.

I don't think they ARE connected.

I would be even more skeptical and surprised at the same perp using DIFFERENT red cars.

oT
Weirdly enough, when I was growing up 40 years ago, there was this predator that would use different motorcycles and exchange the parts on them so that they looked different for each girl he kidnapped/murdered. So one witness would say the motorcycle had huge handle bars like a chopper, and the next one would say, no, they were normal handle bars, etc. the guy's name was John Norman Collins. My dad knew him when he was a kid.

And four door....

The license plate holder says "Northwest" on top and "Motorsport" on the bottom.

I wish we knew if the car was on the junkier/faded side or if it was a "souped up" model like the one in the photo. The suspect car should have been seen in daylight, so the info about its condition would be available. Makes a big difference, IMOO.

I found this one for sale on Craigslist. It's listed as a 1996. The hood isn't black, but that's because it's been painted with white paint or primer. It's also not shiny red.

Not posting the direct link because it's not fair to the probably innocent person who is trying to sell this car. I put the picture in my Photobucket account so I could share it. It's kinda interesting sleuthing around.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q557/Cottontops/jetta.jpg

I found this one for sale on Craigslist. It's listed as a 1996. The hood isn't black, but that's because it's been painted with white paint or primer. It's also not shiny red.

Not posting the direct link because it's not fair to the probably innocent person who is trying to sell this car. I put the picture in my Photobucket account so I could share it. It's kinda interesting sleuthing around.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q557/Cottontops/jetta.jpg

Wow! Have you sent it in as a tip?

The license plate holder says "Northwest" on top and "Motorsport" on the bottom.

I wish we knew if the car was on the junkier/faded side or if it was a "souped up" model like the one in the photo. The suspect car should have been seen in daylight, so the info about its condition would be available. Makes a big difference, IMOO.

I agree it would make a big difference but I assume at 7am and with the poor quality of CCTV type cameras it may be difficult to tell, might not be able to tell if the paintwork is matt or shiny??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en