Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have shown the actual image and said they were looking for this car to interview the driver to see what s/he had seen on the morning Sierra disappeared, as this Jetta was seen in the same general areas the perp was known to have been that day.

Didn't someone mention that there were a lot of "junker cars" behind one of the homes on Sierra's street?

I think they arent coming out and actually showing the photo of the car because there is something on the car that will help them identify it is the one they are looking for if anyone calls in spotting a red Jetta with a black hood. It could be as simple as a small sticker in the window or it has a small scratch on the side, etc. It will let them know when they have found the matching vehicle. And it lessens the chance that the perp will change anything that was seen in the tapes or videos.

They have good reasons for not showing the actual car, imo.

IMO

Wish the car was discovered/mentioned earlier... allot of time for perp to ditch the car or be far away...
To be sure, not faulting LE, and think it great they at least have this!

Wish the car was discovered/mentioned earlier... allot of time for perp to ditch the car or be far away...
To be sure, not faulting LE, and think it great they at least have this!

Lets hope he doesnt have the funds for another vehicle and is afraid to draw attention by stealing one which would mean he would probably ditch the Jetta close by if he stole another car.

Maybe he doesn't read the news and thinks after this long he has gotten away with it.

Just hoping.......

IMO

A vehicle similar to this red, Volkswagon Jetta has been associated with the disappearance of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar. The difference is that the actual vehicle believed to be involved has a black hood. Credit Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/in...d-in-sierra-lamar-disappearance#photo-9848054

e5260c88218f2ba40e625d9322649a0

Some of the video may have captured the car making a suspicious move that morning, like idling or stopped & then speeding away or backing the car in an unlikely place. That could have come from a witness account too, as these were also collected. Then we would have an eye catcher car making eye catching movements.

You guys must be reading the "inside scoop" articles that I am not aware of, because I haven't seen anything about a predator driving around in a red Jetta targeting teen girls. All I've heard was there may be a Jetta connected to Sierra Lamar's disappearance.

Also, I've never EVER heard LE issue a "Look out for so and so the rapist driving around in this kind of car because he's going to get ya" alert. Any BOLO alerts are for apprehension purposes only. They don't induce panic. The closest I've ever heard of such a thing was on the news: "A guy driving a late-model van tried to get a girl in his car at a bus stop in East whatever town." You think there is a day 14 year old girls can let their guard down? I mean, really, dissing LE isn't helping at all. Take what they give you and help or don't say anything at all, that's my motto.

Thanks was not enough.

It seems to me to be very rare for LE to issue warnings. They do if there's a manhunt on for an armed and dangerous suspect (such as is going on with Adam Mayes right now) but not for anything less.

LE is also slow, in my opinion, to link crimes. Particularly when there isn't a whole lot of evidence. I can think of several cases where it seems clear that there is probably a link but LE continues to waffle on it (for instance, Johnny Gosch and Eugene Martin).

I think that LE MUST have DNA and/or fingerprints on Sierra's belongings that they cannot identify, otherwise how could they say for sure that the other items (handcuffs, condom) were not related??

If there was no evidence of Sierra on the handcuff box and condoms, then they're useless in court. And highly unlikely to be unrelated (particularly the condoms).

Then again, I never thought that the handcuff box and condoms were related. In posting about my own experiences, I found out that I wasn't the only poster on WS to have led a happily misspent youth.

(snip)Just me, but I have a few video cams outside of my house...except they're NOT in places screaming "I'm watching you, dude"....not where someone can SEE them. The "purpose" of a video cam is to "catch" someone in the act, not WARN them you're TRYING to catch them in the act...
(snip)

If it was my house, I'd rather put the camera where it is visible in the hope of PREVENTING the crime from being committed. Using the video to locate the perp is akin to closing the barn door after the horse gets out. I'd rather latch the door before the horse gets any ideas.

hi lisa :)

i agree, i think the perp will probably try to get that hood painted or at lease hide the car until they can get it painted/replaced. the junkyards might want to keep an eye out for anyone going to the junk yards looking for a jetta hood... especially a red one... but i wouldn't put it past a perp to resort to spray paint as a cheap/quick solution.

HOWEVER... it's a little too late as far as i'm concerned. someone knows the owner of the car and knows that it had a black hood. and hopefully they will come forward with a name.. then the suspect can REALLY be looked for. i also hope that people know of or live near a red jetta that had a black hood that suddenly has a red (or different colored) hood put 2 and 2 together and at least give LE the lead.

Back in the 1970s, there was a hit and run fatality in my town that went unsolved for quite a long time (at least a year). There were witnesses who gave a description of the car but no license plate number. The car was older and somewhat distinctive but no one ever reported seeing it.

The local paper did an update article sometime after the first year (I'm thinking at the 18 month mark) that repeated the description of the car.

And that finally brought in the tip the police needed. It turned out to be an unregistered junker that the owner kept in a shed in the back of his property. The person who called in the tip had been hired to do something on the owner's property and had looked in and noticed the car. When the update article ran, he called in the tip.

When police went and looked at the car, it still had a bunch of forensic evidence on it, including front end damage. Apparently the owner drove straight home, put the car in the shed and never did anything more with the car.

I've never forgotten that because it seemed so creepy to me at the time that someone would just hide the car like that.

I also wonder if, considering the age of the Jetta, it has been demoted to parts car in the back of someone's property.

If there was no evidence of Sierra on the handcuff box and condoms, then they're useless in court. And highly unlikely to be unrelated (particularly the condoms).

Then again, I never thought that the handcuff box and condoms were related. In posting about my own experiences, I found out that I wasn't the only poster on WS to have led a happily misspent youth.

True, but if both her items and those items had the same fingerprint and/or DNA, then they could not really say not related. So I tend to think LE has one or the other on her items. JMO

Bringing this one back up for a reason. I can almost say that cuffs and condoms are liked to this guy. I knew aboout this guy for a few weeks as my co-workers daughter is one of the victims. I did not say anything here until it came out in public.
I jokingly asked if he drove a Jetta my co-worker said he asked last night. Answer was a flat out NO>

Bringing this one back up for a reason. I can almost say that cuffs and condoms are liked to this guy. I knew aboout this guy for a few weeks as my co-workers daughter is one of the victims. I did not say anything here until it came out in public.
I jokingly asked if he drove a Jetta my co-worker said he asked last night. Answer was a flat out NO>

Hmm, I'm confused by this. Who is "this guy"? The link you quoted just led me to an article about Sierra, no mention of any guy, and no mention of multiple victims.

So the pumphouse where the Juicy purse was found "wedged" between a cactus and the building has surveillance cameras? I doubt it. I've looked at several pics of that shack & I haven't seen a surveillance camera in any of the pics.

According to the google maps I've looked at where the cell phone was found, there are no businesses.

I'm wondering what Morgan Hill business surveillance cameras Sgt. Cardoza is talking about?

not sure if this business even has cameras, but Pacific Coast SCUBA is located on Scheller Ave.

There are some striking similarities between the
first article linked below, and this incident, I thought it was interesting that this guy was so brazen that he actually pulled into her driveway. The facial features are also similar (especially when drawn from the recollections of a child) to the other man implicated in the attempted kidnapping of the 13 year old girl. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...80107085.34381.134552853339178&type=3&theater
http://www.fugitive.com/2009/12/24/...rching-for-man-who-approched-8-year-old-girl/

This article below is not related to the above articles, just intended to show how persistent some of these perps can be, and some of their strategies.

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_8f7753b0-6edf-11e1-baea-001a4bcf6878.html

While doing some searches online, I came across this incident.

http://www.sonomanews.com/News-2012/Suspect-sought-in-attempted-kidnapping/

Note the part of the description that reads:He is associated with a red compact passenger car, similar to a Ford Focus.

It happened in Sonoma county, but could possibly be evidence of someone making the rounds.

I have a few more I will post in a moment.

It sounds like he was looking for someone much younger... elementary school age. Furthermore, all he did was offer a ride. If the child said no, he did not pursue them further.

There are some striking similarities between the
first article linked below, and this incident, I thought it was interesting that this guy was so brazen that he actually pulled into her driveway. The facial features are also similar (especially when drawn from the recollections of a child) to the other man implicated in the attempted kidnapping of the 13 year old girl. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...80107085.34381.134552853339178&type=3&theater
http://www.fugitive.com/2009/12/24/...rching-for-man-who-approched-8-year-old-girl/

This article below is not related to the above articles, just intended to show how persistent some of these perps can be, and some of their strategies.

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_8f7753b0-6edf-11e1-baea-001a4bcf6878.html
BBM
The date on this one is December 24, 2009.

I saw a tweet on another site that they have found the car...

Police find car related to missing high school cheerleader #sierralamar #findsierra @kron4news is LIVE at 5 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member