Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/sierra-lamar-case-sgt-jose-cardoza-talks-about/vG94Q/

May 7 Press Conference transcript

Q: *question cut off*

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: We believe that the person involved in her disappearance- or persons involved in her disappearance- um, continue- we still believe- our current belief still is- is this person is familiar with the Morgan Hill area, or is from Morgan Hill. So, yes, that is true.

Q: How long is the car tracked for on video? If you were to add all the sequences together-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: What- say that again.

Q: Like, do you see the car for a minute, five minutes, 30 seconds- you know what I'm saying? If you were to make a sequence of video, how long were you able to- what time period?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: That's something we can't comment on, unfortunately at this time. But, it is- it was observed in the general area where she was last seen during- on March 16th, that morning.

Q: Was it speeding or breaking any traffic laws? Was it doing anything unusual or suspicious?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: As far as breaking traffic laws, I'm not sure on that.

Q: You did say that the car was seen in the area where the evidence was found-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Near her- near her Mom's house and near some of the- where some of the locations of the evidence were found. We're not going to say exactly, specifically where the car was observed and what intersections versus what streets and whatnot, but near those general areas. This car was observed and witnesses have corroborated that as well.

Q: Can you tell us the last time the car was observed? I know you're obviously looking for it-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: During the date or the time it was observed we- we don't have information- um, we're just not releasing information whether it was observed before or after March 16th, but during the date and the time in the morning when Sierra disappeared, it was observed then.

Q: We should assume that you didn't see them throw out a cell phone or putting her purse out in the field or anything like that? That wasn't caught on surveillance?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Uh, n-we're not going to comment on that. No.

Q: That was my question. If it was found in and around the evidence it would make sense that you- they would not pass by there again if they-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Even if- even if that were true or untrue, if somebody was seen observing- throwing something out, it's something we're not going to comment on. But, the vehicle was observed in those areas. So, we're asking for the public to come forward with any information that they may have related to this red Jetta that was seen in the area during the date and time that Sierra was last- you know, when she disappeared.

Q: Okay, and if you could comment one more time on whether this information has been passed by family and close friends as well, since friends often know people that the family doesn't.

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: This information was relayed to the family- as far as close friends, I do not know. I do know that investigators did confirm via family that the family had no information about this red car.

Q: What other evidence do you have, and do you have any more evidence at the crime lab being analyzed to help in this case?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: There still are some items of evidence right now that the crime lab does have, we're waiting on some reports to come in. We're not going to comment on what specific items we're still waiting for reports on, but we have recently gotten back reports- lab results from the empty handcuff box and the used condoms. At this time, they've been ruled out. They're not associated to Sierra's disappearance.

Q: One more question about any of the reservoir water searches, did you find anything and do you have more searches planned?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: There hasn't been anything located so far with evidentiary value to Sierra's disappearance in the water searches. The water reservoir searches are resuming this week- Almaden and Guadalupe reservoirs are next on the list for Sheriff's dive team to be checking this week.

Q: Do we know what year the car is-or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Mid-nineties. Red, four door Jetta with a black hood.

Well I can only hope this car holds the clues needed to find SL. If it was a convicted sex offender, don't they have to submit dna to keep on file?

Well I can only hope this car holds the clues needed to find SL. If it was a convicted sex offender, don't they have to submit dna to keep on file?

Yes they do. But IMHO I don't think it is the side view pic of the car posted a few pages back . Looks like either a young adult or teenager. I still am thinking she knew the person. And the same photo unless my eyes are really bad looks like a person in the backseat.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/sierra-lamar-case-sgt-jose-cardoza-talks-about/vG94Q/

May 7 Press Conference transcript

Q: *question cut off*

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: We believe that the person involved in her disappearance- or persons involved in her disappearance- um, continue- we still believe- our current belief still is- is this person is familiar with the Morgan Hill area, or is from Morgan Hill. So, yes, that is true.

Q: How long is the car tracked for on video? If you were to add all the sequences together-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: What- say that again.

Q: Like, do you see the car for a minute, five minutes, 30 seconds- you know what I'm saying? If you were to make a sequence of video, how long were you able to- what time period?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: That's something we can't comment on, unfortunately at this time. But, it is- it was observed in the general area where she was last seen during- on March 16th, that morning.

Q: Was it speeding or breaking any traffic laws? Was it doing anything unusual or suspicious?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: As far as breaking traffic laws, I'm not sure on that.

Q: You did say that the car was seen in the area where the evidence was found-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Near her- near her Mom's house and near some of the- where some of the locations of the evidence were found. We're not going to say exactly, specifically where the car was observed and what intersections versus what streets and whatnot, but near those general areas. This car was observed and witnesses have corroborated that as well.

Q: Can you tell us the last time the car was observed? I know you're obviously looking for it-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: During the date or the time it was observed we- we don't have information- um, we're just not releasing information whether it was observed before or after March 16th, but during the date and the time in the morning when Sierra disappeared, it was observed then.

Q: We should assume that you didn't see them throw out a cell phone or putting her purse out in the field or anything like that? That wasn't caught on surveillance?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Uh, n-we're not going to comment on that. No.

Q: That was my question. If it was found in and around the evidence it would make sense that you- they would not pass by there again if they-

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Even if- even if that were true or untrue, if somebody was seen observing- throwing something out, it's something we're not going to comment on.
But, the vehicle was observed in those areas. So, we're asking for the public to come forward with any information that they may have related to this red Jetta that was seen in the area during the date and time that Sierra was last- you know, when she disappeared.

Q: Okay, and if you could comment one more time on whether this information has been passed by family and close friends as well, since friends often know people that the family doesn't.

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: This information was relayed to the family- as far as close friends, I do not know. I do know that investigators did confirm via family that the family had no information about this red car.

Q: What other evidence do you have, and do you have any more evidence at the crime lab being analyzed to help in this case?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: There still are some items of evidence right now that the crime lab does have, we're waiting on some reports to come in. We're not going to comment on what specific items we're still waiting for reports on, but we have recently gotten back reports- lab results from the empty handcuff box and the used condoms. At this time, they've been ruled out. They're not associated to Sierra's disappearance.

Q: One more question about any of the reservoir water searches, did you find anything and do you have more searches planned?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: There hasn't been anything located so far with evidentiary value to Sierra's disappearance in the water searches. The water reservoir searches are resuming this week- Almaden and Guadalupe reservoirs are next on the list for Sheriff's dive team to be checking this week.

Q: Do we know what year the car is-or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: Mid-nineties. Red, four door Jetta with a black hood.

BBM - just some that stood out to me. On the 1st part I bolded, I sorta laughed when I read it...I realize the question mentioned breaking traffic laws, and that that could be significant. But I feel like Cardoza answered tpossibly the least interesting part of that question. Jmo of course, and not a criticism at all. Just a thought that occurred to me.

On the 2nd bold, again not a big deal or deep thought (sorry, I'm fresh outa those), but clearly it is either true one untrue, unless it is not yet determined. I just thought his answer was a strange turn of phrase.

Yes they do. But IMHO I don't think it is the side view pic of the car posted a few pages back . Looks like either a young adult or teenager. I still am thinking she knew the person. And the same photo unless my eyes are really bad looks like a person in the backseat.

That's exactly what I see too.

Well my guess is if this supposed vw jetta had these mismatched tires on it and it had/has been riding all around the found evidence scene areas, it probably left some interesting tire tracks. I wonder if that's what helped them figure out that this was the car they were looking for?

I think LE probably got a look at the plate in recent video enhancement or at least a partial plate...but could not find the car. Course that doesn't explain it, as if they had the plate, they would have known who the owner is sooner...hmmm.they are making such a mystery out of this. I think they are trying to be careful not to make it look like once they spotted this car on the video, they honed in on it and did not consider other options, as per a defense attorney's argument might be.

LE, please tell us if you have found the suspect, just that small favor, lol

Interesting that they know who the owner of the car is, but they don't seem too interested in him/her. I wonder if the car was recently sold, so they would obviously know who the owner was, but they would be much more interested in who was in posession of the car on the day in question. Didn't one of our WS members call in a tip about a similar car he/she had found for sale on CraigsList?

Interesting that they know who the owner of the car is, but they don't seem too interested in him/her. I wonder if the car was recently sold, so they would obviously know who the owner was, but they would be much more interested in who was in posession of the car on the day in question. Didn't one of our WS members call in a tip about a similar car he/she had found for sale on CraigsList?

I was thinking that the car is registered to someone like perhaps an older woman...like a mom or grandmother...and they are interested in the son or grandson who may have had use of it?

The owner now doesn't necessarily mean the owner in March. Maybe the new owner came forward or can prove they didn't own the car in March. I did send in a tip of a car that I found on Craigslist, but now looking at the two side by side, they are different. The car on Craigslist, is still there, first of all, but additionally, it has a white primed hood, with black rear and front bumper. Plus the part where the VW logo goes on the front is missing. If it is the car I sent in (highly unlikely) it now looks quite a bit different.

I emailed a tip about a car on CL, wasn't the one LE showed, though. It was the one a few pages back with gold rims (and black hood).

I was thinking that the car is registered to someone like perhaps an older woman...like a mom or grandmother...and they are interested in the son or grandson who may have had use of it?

Whoever owned this car appears to be souping it up, so I doubt it was an old lady. Thinking more along the lines of gang-type activity myself. The hood probably is carbon fiber (custom) and the wheels (front) were also custom. The sun-roof may have been custom also. Whoever owned it probably abandoned it and got out of Dodge, but I would think if they really thought anyone would find anything out, they would have the car "disguised," dismantled or hidden.

Whoever owned this car appears to be souping it up, so I doubt it was an old lady. Thinking more along the lines of gang-type activity myself. The hood probably is carbon fiber (custom) and the wheels (front) were also custom. The sun-roof may have been custom also. Whoever owned it probably abandoned it and got out of Dodge, but I would think if they really thought anyone would find anything out, they would have the car "disguised," dismantled or hidden.

Well the registration could be in a parents name...I am not saying they drove this car...but my nephew's cars have always been in his parents' names...JMO

hmm...wonder if this is one of the vehicles that were reported stolen in the immediate area ...around the time Sierra went missing

Sarx- ya think that is a pic of the car where they found it? Or where they took it for processing ( or would it have been garaged then?)

That is definitely a palm tree trunk. I don't remember any at Target in Watsonville, though this Target thing could be nothing at all or completely unrelated.

It really doesn't look like the Target parking lot in Watsonville. There are no palm trees or big shrubs in the target parking lot. Now, if you go downtown Watsonville, about ten blocks to the south, you'll run into some really large palm trees (unless they've been cut down in the last five years or so).

Well the registration could be in a parents name...I am not saying they drove this car...but my nephew's cars have always been in his parents' names...JMO

Ah, very good point. My first car was in my dad's name until I was in my 20's.

Sarx- ya think that is a pic of the car where they found it? Or where they took it for processing ( or would it have been garaged then?)

It's not the parking lot at Target and I'm pretty sure it's not the parking area of the S.O. or the lab building off Hedding. And I can't see them parking it anywhere out in the open exposed to the world like that considering what it might contain, so I'm thinking that if this is the same car, then this is a shot of it before it was taken away.

Didn't Sierra tweet at one time about someone in a car bothering her? I do not recall if she actually tweeted that or if she retweeted it. Anyway, if she did tweet that, it sounded like she was turned off by the person in the car. (I do not recall exactly what the tweet said, I will admit.)

IF a car was retrieved by LE from that Target lot, and IF this is that car, and IF the car had something to do with Sierra, could it be that the perp or perps are gang members and the abduction was some sort of gang initiation? Maybe the intent was to abduct but not harm otherwise? If that is even remotely plausible, he/they could have honed in on any vulnerable girl, but if by chance he or they were involved in previously harassing Sierra somewhere, maybe he/they decided to go after her. I mean, if a gang member or members wanted to abduct a girl they could do so with no one specific in mind, and for them to be out and about that early in the morning in a neighborhood like Sierra's seems farfetched...unless she was targeted.

All JMO.

Maybe it is a stolen vehicle and LE is keeping hush about it ..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman