Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read some theories about the bag and it does not seem possible that a woman found the clothing, folded it a put it by the shed with her books nicely stacked underneath. This area is soo remote, no homes are near. The shed is isolated off the road and is a nonworking abandoned shed. The cactus is large and the bag was behind it. The shed is far from Sierras home. Although it is a few streets south, the streets are about a mile apart. In my opinion if someone was walking by it would be because they ran out of gas. If you witnessed someone there you would immediately be suspicious. IMO of course.

I'm a couple of days behind, feel like I'm always trying to "catch-up".
What if, like another poster I believe at the beginning of this thread mentioned, the bag was found - strewn about, and replaced and stuck behind the cactus for the "owner" if they came back. After-all, it was an expensive bag, and maybe, someone who wouldn't just pick it up and take it thought to leave it for the owner. It is an isololated spot - EXCEPT for the cats. Maybe the person who feeds the cats found the bag tossed and put the things in and placed it where it was later "found". Maybe they don't want to come forward, because they are afraid - do not want to become involved? I do not believe that bag was tossed and just happened to land right side up, perfectly.

The other question, earlier in this thread, about the walk to the bus stop. Someone earlier had a link - youtube I believe and I'm sorry I can't find it, but I did watch. A woman (local) took the walk to the bus stop - not from the house, but down the street - it totally changed things for me - it's in the middle of nowhere, nothing around. But - what struck me the most, the woman with the camera/video walked by Sierra's street and pointed down it, saying the house was at then end. The street is very long, and made me realize how I do not see how anyone "just happened" to drive down it that morning. It's a cul-de-sac, and the homes on it are not on small lots. To me, a cul-de-sac is nothing more then a dead end - not outlet. There is/was a small sign outside the street entrance - I wish I could find the youtube bus walk again, but it probably says "No Outlet", as some cul-de-sacs will say. Only people who have reason to be down that street would be driving down there - someone who lives there, or who works there. I will never believe that someone just "happened" to drive into that cul-de-sac and just "happened" to spot a young girl and make a life changing decision. Somone that belonged on that street, or had reason to be on that street was there.

Keep at it - you guys are great !!!!!

As regards your first comment, that was probably why I said AT THE TIME in my post.

I found it extremely unusual for a mother to put money in her daughter's purse rather than leave it on a counter.
I found it odd she would pay daily instead of on Monday's for an entire week.

In any case, that is information that can easily be verified.
Until a case is solved, no one is cleared.

I used to put lunch money in my DD's book bag when she was that age. If I left it on the counter it would probably still be on the counter when I returned home.

And I didn't usually give her all of the money on Monday, because then she would end up spending it too quickly. I would give it to her in dribs and drabs. So that part of her story rings true to me.

:seeya:

BBM: Reading this made me think of something regarding the "lunch money" that Marlene mentioned on the AMW Episode Friday night :

A lot of schools have those "debit type cards" where you pre-pay and "swipe" the card when you go to get your lunch ...

I wonder IF the school had this type of system in place -- OR -- if they had it where you pay cash $$$$$, use the debit, or both ?

Oh, one more thing in your post I want to respond to:

Putting the "lunch money" on a counter or in another location -- or -- handing it to her makes sense because 15 year old girls do NOT like their mother going through their purses, or any of their belongings ! :shakehead::shakehead:

So did Marlene put this "lunch money" in Sierra's purse on a regular basis, or just that day ?

:moo:

Sobrato HS does have a pre-pay system, but cash is acceptable as well.

ETA: it would be interesting to know if Sierra actually purchased lunch with the money.

Seems we are going bit OT into a discussion about do's and don't of placing money in our kids purses/wallets ...
okay, I'll admit, it is more interesting than me going on about the cats at the shed...:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: It's a shame those cats by the shed can't TALK ...

:woohoo::woohoo:

Marleen made it clear that she loved both her daughters in her message. Besides, Marc Klaas suggested she write it.

No matter what a family does in a high profile case, they are going to be under a microscope, damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

I am aware of Mr. Klaas' role in prompting the letter.

Honestly though, I was considering it in terms of what anyone would put in a
Mother's Day card or letter.
It usually isn't the time and place for chastising and ennumerating the difficulties of parenting, as a general rule. Less so, I would imagine, if public concerning your daughter's disappearance.

Thank you for the clarification because I really didn't get all that from your original post.

I was recalling the difficult relationship with my mom growing up (she was a stay-at-home mom with a Ph.D in child psychology). Strict, rigid, high expectations, and not a lot of warmth. Dad was a workaholic, so my interaction with him was with his impatient side. Although I know my parents loved me growing up, I was miserable for a few teen-aged years.

I am aware of Mr. Klaas' role in prompting the letter.

Honestly though, I was considering it in terms of what anyone would put in a
Mother's Day card or letter.
It usually isn't the time and place for chastising and ennumerating the difficulties of parenting, as a general rule. Less so, I would imagine, if public concerning your daughter's disappearance.

Excellent point you made -- re-reading the letter came across as Marleen justifying the relationship with her daughters and didn't sound like a Mother's Day message.

Seems we are going bit OT into a discussion about do's and don't of placing money in our kids purses/wallets ...
okay, I'll admit, it is more interesting than me going on about the cats at the shed...:floorlaugh:

Me, too, I think about the cats often. I hope the kitties found a good, safe home far away from that shed.

Me, too, I think about the cats often. I hope the kitties found a good, safe home far away from that shed.

I'm surprised that the shed hasn't been torn apart and checked forensically in more detail. It's been said that tracking dogs didn't show SL was at the shed, but no mention of HR dogs checking...
If the clothing in the Juicy bag is what she was wearing that day, (and now we know ML did go into the bag that mourning and might know if they are) then odds are IMO she was made to take them off in the shed.

There is a difference in a backpack and a wallet or purse.
It still does not explain to me why all you people just don't hand money to these kids and let them put it where ever.

How are people supposed to learn responsibility if they are not trusted with any in the first place?

That's my last on the subject.

I responded to you on the last page I think. But, if I was still sleeping or in the shower when my mom left for work, how would she have slipped me money? I don't think responsibility has much to do with this, IMO. I was very responsible as a teen. I'm about a month away from getting my Ph.D. and I know how to handle money. And when my mom gave me money, it wasn't like she gave me 20 bucks every day. I got a certain amount and it was expected that it would last me a certain amount of time. Isn't that enough to teach responsibility? Her slipping it in my purse as a teen was just the easiest thing to do at the time. I don't think it had any underlying meaning like she thought I was irresponsible, JMO of course.

I don't think what teaches responsibility has to do with whether or not the money is directly placed in someone's hand as much as it is how you teach your children to actually spend that money.

I don't really think this is strange at all. My mom would just shove money in my purse for lunch when I was in high school. She didn't place it in my wallet, but it was technically just shoved into the very top of my bag. I was a very responsible teenager and never got into any trouble. My mom often had to leave before I did for work so that was just the easiest way for her to make sure I had money to buy lunch. We would always forget to do it the night before. She didn't do it every day, but she would a few days a week depending on how much cash she had on hand. I never thought of it as an invasion of privacy. We don't like to carry a lot of cash on us in my family so she would often only have small bills to give me which would not get me through the whole week.

In fact, I am now in grad school and married and when I go to visit her, still to this day, whenever I am packing up my car to leave to drive back up to school, she sneaks money in my purse for gas. I don't ask for it, but she knows living on a grad student budget is difficult.

I'm in my 40's and my mother still puts things in my purse when I visit her....no not money obviously but allergy pills, headache tabs stuff like that. Once a mother, always a mother. She's not sneaking though my purse...she's just placing it there, when I visit. Usually she will call me when I have left on my cell to say 'oh I put some new headache pills in your bag'. Now if she went searching through it, there would be a problem. I don't think what Marlene did was or is strange at all....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why I have impression that we are going in circles nowhere until Sierra is maybe very far expecting to be find.
All evidence we have are just little pebbles that don't mach each other to make conclusion.
Your people with long experience here in WS, do fantastic job. Volunteers did great effort.
We all miss something from beginning. At list me, I made numbers of hypotheses based on less then few infos.

All variants of tips didn't find Sierra.

I think of "START from beginning" or "DAY or TWO BEFORE Friday", even I think that her disappearance wasn't prepared.

My heart ache me when I look at her smile, inner happiness. She shines with love and hope. She is intelligent, smart wonderful girl who knows how to cheer many young people on her site and still she is INNOCENT, far away from anything bad, evil.
thanks and forgive me if I am wrong

I used to put lunch money in my DD's book bag when she was that age. If I left it on the counter it would probably still be on the counter when I returned home.

And I didn't usually give her all of the money on Monday, because then she would end up spending it too quickly. I would give it to her in dribs and drabs. So that part of her story rings true to me.

Yeah she sounds exactly like my mother on that part.

more important to me than how she got the money, is did she actually spend the money?! this makes me wonder if she skipped lunch at school and maybe ended up with a nice little stash of cash.

The lunch money debate is totally blowing my mind and reminds me so, so, so much how we all come from very different perspectives, childhoods, and cultural contexts. I don't think we can accurately judge Sierra's Mom without knowing hers in detail. I don't think the action is demonstrably one thing or another.

I am sad the car thing didn't work out. I was really hopeful when I saw it on the new earlier this week.

I don't think giving Sierra lunch money is odd....but the zipping of the purse seemed a bit so. Wouldn't Sierra still be needing to put things into her purse if Mom did this at 6am?

And can 15-yr olds go off-campus for lunch, anyway? They can't here.

more important to me than how she got the money, is did she actually spend the money?! this makes me wonder if she skipped lunch at school and maybe ended up with a nice little stash of cash.

In all respects, I totally understand what you are saying, but now-a-days, especially out here in CA, that "stash" of cash would not last long.

Also, I rarely have met a teenager that was good at saving money - especially cash on hand.

(I did a search on home prices in this area that Sierra went missing from not too long ago, and mind you, I was blown away at the prices of the homes. Almost the same as their SoCal counterparts, so the economy isn't cheaper up there in the farmlands, and my assumption of that that in the beginning of this case bit me in the rear.)

I don't think giving Sierra lunch money is odd....but the zipping of the purse seemed a bit so. Wouldn't Sierra still be needing to put things into her purse if Mom did this at 6am?

And can 15-yr olds go off-campus for lunch, anyway? They can't here.

Students at Sobrato are NOT allowed off-campus for lunch.

The lunch money debate is totally blowing my mind and reminds me so, so, so much how we all come from very different perspectives, childhoods, and cultural contexts. I don't think we can accurately judge Sierra's Mom without knowing hers in detail. I don't think the action is demonstrably one thing or another.

I am sad the car thing didn't work out. I was really hopeful when I saw it on the new earlier this week.

BBM:

:seeya:

This is MOO and JMO ... but Marlene is NOT consistent with her responses ...

Regarding the "lunch money" : This is the FIRST TIME we are hearing from Marlene that SHE put "lunch money" in Sierra's handbag BEFORE she went to school on the day she went "missing" ...

The "lunch money" has NEVER been mentioned by Marlene before ... and what I would like to know is IF Marlene told LE about this "lunch money" she placed in the bag, when that bag was found by LE ? LE has "verified" the "neatly folded clothing" and the "school books" ... But nothing has been said about "money" being in the bag ...

Marlene has now made a statement on AMW that she put $$$$$ in the JC Handbag ...

Interesting ...

:moo::moo::moo:

It demonstrates you don't trust your daughter to be capable of opening her purse and dropping it in herself.

Have you considered the novel idea of just handing it to her?

It just seems like another non issue blown out if proportion because theres nothing else to discuss. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman