Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how CODIS works, but if his print was already in the system at the time of the 2009 attacks, they should have gotten a match.

And if his print was entered after the attacks, wouldn't they get a match then?

What other types of evidence could be considered FORENSIC evidence?

There was a mention of video from the Safeway attacks. Maybe that's it?

yes, lots of questions.

I just think he's just not that smart.
The purse puzzles me still. Why would he place it there?

He wanted to take it home to his wife, but had second thoughts. (?)

This is what got him into CODIS:

"They also indicate Antolin Garcia-Torres, 21, had been arrested June 16, 2010 for felony battery"
http://cupertino.patch.com/articles...ar-murder-kidnap-suspect-court-records-reveal

"His DNA was on file in the nationwide CODIS database because California law allows for DNA collection in cases of felony arrest."
http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2012/05/sierra-lamar-anatomy-of-search-day-51.html

so his prints and dna would not have been on file in 2009 if they tried to run a match/search of CODIS..

I still am not sure why, once he was entered in 2010, they wouldn't have gotten a hit but I am not sure how it works.. Maybe you have to run a search to get hits.

with all this "fishing" it is no wonder that they have been doing water searches. Does he have a boat, I wonder?

Charged with statutory rape; the "victim" is now his wife. Charges were dropped.

I can see how that would be regarded as not having a record of sex offences.

just thinking out loud here...

if he is the perp in all these other cases....it appears he is after women who resemble is wife...

Did he marry his wife, because of those charges of rape? they are very young (today's world) to be married... Dd he marry her then in some way been to resent her, but have enough love for her not to hurt he. So he chooses look-a-likes?
I wonder if he started attacking when his wife was pregnant with her first child and never stopped??? pregnancy.. Maybe he was afraid to have intercourse with her while pregnant, so he went out on the hunt to satisfy his cravings?

so his prints and dna would not have been on file in 2009 if they tried to run a match/search of CODIS..

I still am not sure why, once he was entered in 2010, they wouldn't have gotten a hit but I am not sure how it works.. Maybe you have to run a search to get hits.

from my knowledge of the Ramsey case, they run DNA either several times a year or yearly against all the open cases.

That's why the Pro Ramsey group is waiting for a Codis hit on their suppose intruder, which they'll never get a hit, in my opinion.

just thinking out loud here...

if he is the perp in all these other cases....it appears he is after women who resemble is wife...

Did he marry his wife, because of those charges of rape? they are very young (today's world) to be married... Dd he marry her then in some way been to resent her, but have enough love for her not to hurt he. So he chooses look-a-likes?
I wonder if he started attacking when his wife was pregnant with her first child and never stopped??? pregnancy.. Maybe he was afraid to have intercourse with her while pregnant, so he went out on the hunt to satisfy his cravings?

my understanding is their childhood sweethearts or something.

Can someone who knows the ins and outs please explain the court proceedings? What will happen today? What information will be released to the public or will the whole lot be? I really have no clue how this all works (which is probably a good thing lol)

I second the motion... anyone?

On AGT's booking records it shows he's due in court at 12:00 PST now.

This is what I'm thinking too. If he's done this before, he probably didn't expect the attention that this case has gotten as someone else mentioned above. He didn't expect the bag to be found and didn't think about his dna being in the bag and linking back to him. I agree with those who think he may have planned to go back for it.

Edit to add: But it bothers me that the clothes were folded. I don't get that at all. I'm guessing it's either a wierd quirk he has or he was trying to make it look like it had been carefully packed for some reason.

The clothes being folded has certainly caused a lot of speculation hasn't it. Maybe he wanted whoever found it to think she had run away. Stalling the search for a while. Very weird to me. jmo

I think she is most likely in the woods or in the water. I don't think she would be in the Safeway dumpster because of a few things. One, there are probably lots of surveillance cams around there and he would know that. [ even though that didn't stop him from attempting assaults there.] But also, he probably knew that lots of people dumpster dive in grocery dumpsters. There would be too many people looking through there potentially. imo

That's why I wonder if they emptied them late Friday, or
Sat... so he could (hate saying this) place her just before pickup.. Even if cam's see him, he looks like an employee doing his job, and so much time has gone by now...

The clothes being folded has certainly caused a lot of speculation hasn't it. Maybe he wanted whoever found it to think she had run away. Stalling the search for a while. Very weird to me. jmo

Maybe trying to 'taunt' investigators.

SO TRUE! If we had social networking at 15, I promise you my friends and I would have been terrible. The difference is now, it is public, and kids have no sense. (We didn't either). I refuse to judge SL over her tweets. In fact, many of her posts are quotes of song lyrics, like the Suicide tweet...its a Lil Wayne song I believe. My hubby pointed that out, and pulled the song up on his iPhone. The kids emulate what they hear and see through entertainment. What is socially acceptable has changed dramatically in the 20 years since I was 15. But I DO remember walking down the street with my girlfriends singing Too Short - Don't Fight the Feeling, and 2 Live Crew songs like Nasty Nursery Rhymes loudly. I'm SURE people were CRINGING. Guess what? I am now a college educated, professional, and role model for my kids. Kids grow up. It's terrible SL doesn't have that chance :(

*LOL* My daughter, at 15, was a Monty Python fan, and she and her friends sang "Every Sperm Is Sacred" on the school bus. Ugh. She's 20 now, so she sings in the privacy of her car.

That's why I wonder if they emptied them late Friday, or
Sat... so he could (hate saying this) place her just before pickup.. Even if cam's see him, he looks like an employee doing his job, and so much time has gone by now...

I think he put the purse where he did because he knew he wouldn't be seen. This makes me think he also did the same with her body.

being that it is high profile I would think media would be allowed to be present for the arraignment or have video shortly thereafter

the last article I linked said that the defense could possibly delay it as well....

I'm very curious the condition of the clothing. Were they ripped, cut, dirty, wet w/ urine or lake water? Any jewelry she was wearing? I know early on Sierra's mother made mention of hoping to find her necklace or something, which makes me think there might be pieces she wore everyday.

being that it is high profile I would think media would be allowed to be present for the arraignment or have video shortly thereafter

the last article I linked said that the defense could possibly delay it as well....

Is it being shown anywhere? tia

Is it being shown anywhere? tia

not sure... but this breaking news says the location has been moved:waitasec:

The arraignment hearing for Antolin Garcia-Torres, the Morgan Hill man accused of kidnapping and murdering Sierra LaMar, will take place at the Santa Clara County Superior Court Hall of Justice in San Jose Thursday.
The location of the hearing was moved from the South County Courthouse in Morgan Hill.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office is expected to file criminal charges against Garcia-Torres, 21.
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_5551bf21-a7e2-5e6b-ae0e-550c6fcf1fcb.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios